Corney on TalkSport

If SC had gone on the radio and said that the club wasn't inconvenienced by the lack of home games, that the cash flow wasn't a problem, I wonder how long before some of our "regular correspondents" would have been on here claiming that TTA were holding back on team investment, or that there was plenty of money for a much bigger new stadium?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It really doesnt matter what or who says ... thier words are twisted to suit ... from the interview I can take some positives, and some fact about cash flow .. The radio station posed the questions therefore SC answered them. It just isnt possible for the club or indeed its representitives without it being dragged through mind numbing analysis on here ... For them there is no win win !!! A forcaster of impendig doom will always use any comment to suit the subject and nothing anyone says no matter what it is .. the answer is wait and see !!! So Im waiting ........

To be fair he did say a vast proportion not all, and I'd say in today's parlance it would be forgiven to assume the term prophet to be taken as defintion of one who is a conduit envisaging the Devine Will and all its catastophe, and not someone who predicts the financial state of a football club. It's all interpretation I suppose, but like I said - I wouldn't say your a prophet - more a forecaster. Means exactly the same thing, but carries a lot less of the crazy weirdo baggage that the word prophet does.

I wasn't actually serious about being a prophet.

At this rate, though, I could end up being turned into one...

One is a twisted delusional freak who has carved out a living with a cult of devoted followers who believe that only his teachings hold the key to salvation with the approaching end of the world. The other is a former Coventry City reserve team goalkeeper and TV sports presenter who has gone on to do important and groundbreaking research into reptillian plans for global domination.

Which one are you?

A twisted delusional freak who's been proved right at every turn, as opposed to the free-market fundamentalist cranks that people like yourself, for reasons best known to themselves, tend to follow, who couldn't see the economic crash they'd personally engineered even when they were in it.

How does it feel to be wrong so often that you don't even recognise wrong?

Edited by Corporal_Jones

If SC had gone on the radio and said that the club wasn't inconvenienced by the lack of home games, that the cash flow wasn't a problem, I wonder how long before some of our "regular correspondents" would have been on here claiming that TTA were holding back on team investment, or that there was plenty of money for a much bigger new stadium?

The message: never say anything critical about the Dear Leaders.

Bow, scrape, grovel etc.

Prophets are prophets, delusional freaks are something else.

That you fail to recognise any distinction between say M. King Hubbert and David Icke says something about you, not anybody else.

As "Prophet of Doom", I'd have you down as a more L Ron Hubbard than M King Hubbert......

King Hubbert was more your average lucky guess kinda guy. Thought I supect, being a scientist, he had a good grasp of facts.

Drone, Drone

Of course I did, once. Don't care to be honest. I'm just passing on some great advice after I realised myself that it's just a message board and I was taking it all too seriously. Maybe even personally. So I changed.

It seems I went full circle and I started to agree with most of what C_J was saying, one shouldn't think any less of another for weighing up the argument and constantly reviewing it. Eventually I found myself realising that the my stance on some of the hot topics on the forums needed further thought and consideration and my opinions aligned with those of the much lambasted C_J.

Once ? Hmmm. Perhaps, but you made it perfectly clear on many occasions you were not a fan of Corp or his postings or his message. Corp seemed to reciprocate the sentiment and I recall he had some name or phrase for you....can't remember what it was ''fuhrer rummy'' or something similar.

We could be forgiven for thinking corp is now saying things you like and so suddenly you think he or his posts or his message is ok. We should just ignore him apparently (which we probably should, but that's not what messageboards are about, is it.)

And this codswallop that Corp says about everyone repeating themselves as much as him is absolutely delusional and laughable. I would point Him to the Board statistics. 9th overall top poster - and every single one of those thousands of posts he has made are on one subject...regardless of what the thread is about. None of those other posters in the whole of the top 40 are anything like as 'single-issue' as him.

And this codswallop that Corp says about everyone repeating themselves as much as him is absolutely delusional and laughable. I would point Him to the Board statistics. 9th overall top poster - and every single one of those thousands of posts he has made are on one subject...regardless of what the thread is about. None of those other posters in the whole of the top 40 are anything like as 'single-issue' as him.

Agree.

Not having a pop but I agree.... Once again we have turned the subject into CJ's favourite topic.

So what else did Corney have to say?

Agree.

Not having a pop but I agree.... Once again we have turned the subject into CJ's favourite topic.

Quite a lot. Very frank and interesting, as usual...but, of course, people decide to concentrate on one or two of the minor points, spin it around, and slag him like :censored:. Well out of order in this instance.

Once ? Hmmm. Perhaps, but you made it perfectly clear on many occasions you were not a fan of Corp or his postings or his message. Corp seemed to reciprocate the sentiment and I recall he had some name or phrase for you....can't remember what it was ''fuhrer rummy'' or something similar.

We could be forgiven for thinking corp is now saying things you like and so suddenly you think he or his posts or his message is ok. We should just ignore him apparently (which we probably should, but that's not what messageboards are about, is it.)

Spent all night thinking of that? Do what you fkin want - I'm not telling you to do anything, I really couldn't give a toss - you ain't worth the thought.

As "Prophet of Doom", I'd have you down as a more L Ron Hubbard than M King Hubbert......

King Hubbert was more your average lucky guess kinda guy. Thought I supect, being a scientist, he had a good grasp of facts.

Drone, Drone

Shows how much you know about anything then, singey baby. L. Ron Hubbard didn't prophesy doom, for one thing (whatever 'doom' is supposed to be, apart from what a certain kind of person likes to start wittering about whenever anybody tells them what they know to be true in their hearts but simply can't face.)

M. King Hubbert wasn't in the least bit lucky.

They are every bit as repetitive. They simply can't focus on the crucial points as well as I can.

Am I really the ninth most frequent poster? And more to the point, have you really checked on this? Has your wife or girlfriend recently left you? Or summat?

Edited by Corporal_Jones

They are every bit as repetitive. They simply can't focus on the crucial points as well as I can.

Am I really the ninth most frequent poster? And more to the point, have you really checked on this? Has your wife or girlfriend recently left you? Or summat?

It's not hard to find out. Just scroll down to the bottom of the main forum page and there's a section called 'board statistics' - as if I need that to back me up anyway.

And don't come playing the 'how sad are you' line at me when you've racked up over 4,000 posts in the time I've made 1,200. Much of your posts are at daft 'o' clock as well....who's the one not getting laid ?

Edited by Yard Dog

Quite a lot. Very frank and interesting, as usual...but, of course, people decide to concentrate on one or two of the minor points, spin it around, and slag him like :censored:. Well out of order in this instance.

if you read what's actually been posted, you'll see that nobody has slagged Corney. Simply, it was pointed out that while SC can say that the club is currently desperate for support, a large number of BP regulars have walked away while he and his fallow owners have been in charge. That seems to be all people wanted to talk about from that point onwards. Or more correctly, they wanted to do all they're really good for and attack the poster bearing the bad news.

It's not hard to find out. Just scroll down to the bottom of the main forum page and there's a section called 'board statistics' - as if I need that to back me up anyway.

And don't come playing the 'how sad are you' line at me when you've racked up over 4,000 posts in the time I've made 1,200. All you posts at daft 'o' clock as well....who's the one not getting laid ?

Wow... I really wish the moderation team would start smacking some heads together... Its just personal attack after personal attack...

---------

Some of us like reading what corp has to say but I suppose we don't count...

Edited by oafc0000

Agree.

I thought my favourite topic was supposed to be the stadium capacity, which hasn't really featured in this thread at all.

Make your minds up.