2. 2. Who replaces him?

• Duxbury
    • Stitch
    • Dowie
    • Southgate
    • Gannon
    • McAlister
    • A N other Who in your opinion? Please State
    • None of the Above Penney's the man for me!
    • Gregan

I disagree. Yes there's a lot of rubbish that's been brought in. A heck of a lot. But with Taylor, Abbott, Morrow and Gregan you have the basis of a decent side. Certainly one that should be performing better than this one is. A fresh manager should make a difference.

A decent keeper, centre forward and change of tactics could save us.

but Taylor and Abbott have been out so basically DP has had two decent players.

From that list, I cant really see any of them doing a better job with the team we have with perhaps the exception of Gannon.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but Taylor and Abbott have been out so basically DP has had two decent players.

His fault - his budget is comparable to Sheridan's (who managed to do considerably better in every respect, even when he had comparable injuries in 2007/2008).

I'll bet Sheridan's squad actually worked out cheaper for TTA when you consider the money being lost at the gate this season.

Edited by Stitch_KTF

His fault - his budget is comparable to Sheridan's (who managed to do considerably better in every respect, even when he had comparable injuries in 2007/2008).

I'll bet Sheridan's squad actually worked out cheaper for TTA when you consider the money being lost at the gate this season.

Shez had a full squad to start with though Penney didnt

Why oh why do people want Ritchie back?! He was a :censored: manager too.

The team is crap because the players that Shez and Penney have bought in are on the whole...:censored:e. I dont buy into this there is a good team in there somewhere.

IMO a change in manager will have very little effect. Just like it did last season with Joe.

This constant need to look to the past holds the club back as much as the owners 'apparent' lack of interest.

QUOTE (Stitch_KTF @ Jan 21 2010, 11:40 AM)

If Stitch didn't fancy it then I think we could do a lot worse than Greegs as Player-Manager extraordinaire.

The campaign starts here.

but what would happen if he shouted at the other players when they are :censored:....cant be havin that, can we? :wink:

mmm I started a Crossley as Mgr campaign after Shez, and along the same lines Greegs as boss looks a good idea.

Kinda like that.

PS palmer1. THe outcry about Greegs was not him shouting other players, it was about shouting at other players when Greegs himself had dropped the bollock.

No problem form me Greegs shouting at players that are lazy buggers.

Shez had a full squad to start with though Penney didnt

Isn't that to Penney's advantage? Shez inherited someone else's players (including some good ones yes, but he soon had them playing outstanding football after a season of hoofball) where as DP had the longest of summers to garner his own.

Don't all managers prefer it this way? That being opportunity to bring in their own players?

The fact DP is now selecting a Sheridan cast-off (Whitts) ahead of players he brought in a few months back speaks volumes about his squad building.

I would give him the next two games against Millwall and Brentford to show he has what it takes and 3 points would be the absolute minimum!!!

I agree. I'd give him a little more time, but after being in the 'Penney In' camp for a while, my patience is wearing thin...

And to the person in the Main Stand Upper who said they want Eyres as manager last night: Give Over! :lol:

haha who thinks that gregan would actually make a decent manager ?

I do. In all seriousness though this sort of thing could only really be judged if you had worked with and/or around him.

The same rule would apply to making borderline decisions over whether a manager should be sacked or not. In Penney's case however it's getting to the point where circumstances must dictate.

I do. In all seriousness though this sort of thing could only really be judged if you had worked with and/or around him.

The same rule would apply to making borderline decisions over whether a manager should be sacked or not. In Penney's case however it's getting to the point where circumstances must dictate.

And me. He would be well liked, get people through the turnstiles and demand passion from his team. Forget wishful thinking about promotion for now, let's get some pride and passion back!

Gregan has been added to the second poll, interesting to see how many vote for him...

Bit late now. :wink:

Also, how come there were essentially 3 choices for 'Penney In' in contrast to the 1 choice of 'Penney Out Immediately'? The former only needed one simple choice where as the latter should have had the more detailed options. For example, my own view is that Penney ought to be warned that he will be sacked after the Millwall game should there be no significant improvement.

Bit late now. :wink:

Also, how come there were essentially 3 choices for 'Penney In' in contrast to the 1 choice of 'Penney Out Immediately'? The former only needed one simple choice where as the latter should have had the more detailed options. For example, my own view is that Penney ought to be warned that he will be sacked after the Millwall game should there be no significant improvement.

The simple truth is that according to the poll his popularity over the last couple of weeks has plummeted alarmingly...........2/3 of fans on this site now want him out!!

I haven't heard any 'Penney out' chants as yet but we must be pretty close to it..... another dismal performance on Saturday and I think they will begin!

The simple truth is that according to the poll his popularity over the last couple of weeks has plummeted alarmingly...........2/3 of fans on this site now want him out!!

I haven't heard any 'Penney out' chants as yet but we must be pretty close to it..... another dismal performance on Saturday and I think they will begin!

I thought the worm would have turned v Exeter, but he 'won' a stay if execution, but his cock up at Wycombe, the awful side he picked at Hartlepool and the baffling lack of ambition last night have him again teetering on the edge of the abyss. Let's face it Millwall will be quicker, fitter, hugrier, stronger and more skillful than the pile of turds Penney has cobbled together. 7 points was the minimum for the three consecutive home games. I reckon we'll get two and score one goal in the three games in a 1-1 draw with Brentford.

Edited by oafcprozac

This constant need to look to the past holds the club back as much as the owners 'apparent' lack of interest.

+1 .......then multiply that by 1000

Yes ritchie was hard done by here, and I think he would be ten times more positive than Penney, but Senor is spot on here. We can't eep looking back to the past. As my bro said, there were some people in the main stand saying 'lets get Eyresy in as manager".

No, no, no and no *1000, as much of a legend Eyresy is, he is no manager.

Did Eyresy have any affinity for us when he joined from Preston?

Did Royle have any special bond with the club when he joined?

No and no. We cannot keep looking to the past everytime we need a new manager. Affinity is built up over time. We need to give someone a chance to build up this affinity towards us. I would have loved for this to be Penney but I don't know how much more I can watch of 'Safe Dave's' negative tactics.