Non league striker worth a look

Jordan Connerton, striker, aged 20, Lancaster City.

Described as strong with a good touch, has great awareness and is a quality finisher.

Obviously Latics have too many like that on the books so won't be interested.

Edited by BP1960

Played against him about 18 months ago, he is quality.

You should have dragged him down and made him sign for Latics, we would be in the play offs now with his goals (unless of course he was placed in the 'development squad' - in which case he would be forgotten). :wink:

Jordan Connerton, striker, aged 20, Lancaster City.

Described as strong with a good touch, has great awareness and is a quality finisher.

Obviously Latics have too many like that on the books so won't be interested.

According to this Motherwell where looking at him a while back.

http://www.footballforums.net/forums/showthread.php?t=234027

I checked out young Droylsden winger Shaun Whalley last night and was impressed with his excellent ball control. sheer pace and clever distribution.

He has a powerful shot too and has scored 12 goals in 15 appearances this season.

IMO he is far better than what Latics have got, my only doubt against him is maybe a lack of stamina, but with full time training that shoud improve.

Perhaps others who have seen him can give their opinion on him ?

I checked out young Droylsden winger Shaun Whalley last night and was impressed with his excellent ball control. sheer pace and clever distribution.

He has a powerful shot too and has scored 12 goals in 15 appearances this season.

IMO he is far better than what Latics have got, my only doubt against him is maybe a lack of stamina, but with full time training that shoud improve.

i have also seen him at droylsden and i was thinking the same. he is a quailty winger and better than colbeck ! which isint hard to be honest. why not take a shot signing him ? look at the gamble swindon took with there new lad and he carnt stop banging them in !

Hi BP cheers

who do you scout for ? are you freelance? Im just thinking rather than posting scouting on here why dont you email the club?

Do you think that Latics can afford a decent enough offer to him? I've heard that youngsters at League 1 and 2 clubs get about £500/700 per week. If this lad has a day job and is being topped up by coin from Droylsden maybe a full time football career just doesnt make financial sense. I've read that quite a few non leaguers prefer to remain just that because of the money.

Edited by Sinstadt

Do you think that Latics can afford a decent enough offer to him? I've heard that youngsters at League 1 and 2 clubs get about £500/700 per week. If this lad has a day job and is being topped up by coin from Droylsden maybe a full time football career just doesnt make financial sense. I've read that quite a few non leaguers prefer to remain just that because of the money.

It's possible he may be on good money now, but I think most young lads would jump at the chance of league football and if he played for a Championship club (which I think he is capable of) then he would reap the rewards.

These are all very well and good, but what's he like as a defensive midfielder?