Post Game Thread: Leeds United

I'm sorry but if he takes us down then i hope we get rid.I couldn't stomach another season of the mindnumbingly boring football we've had to endure this term.

Get a new man in early so he can shape his side for the next campaign ( yes i know ) but it needs doing. we're heading in one direction :titanic:

Disagree with the last bit, if we are relegated he has to go. No ifs, no buts.

Yes but if you actually read what he'd said, just before he said if DP stayed then we'd get the points needed to stay up...and if we stay up then he should remain as manager. I agree.

If we were to be relegated I don't think many would be wanting him to stay.

Edited by jsslatic

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'quick counter attacking play - probably with 2 flying wingers and a bloody good centre forward.'

Who are we talking about here Man U or Arsenal.....You have to be dreaming or on drugs!!!!

Rely on QUALITY!!!!!!!!! what bloody QUALITY!!!!

Our flying wingers are wingers by name only and haven't put in 10 decent crosses between them all flamin season.

Pav is a very decent target man and but for his goals we would be down already............This is without doubt, a relegation squad!!!

I think you misread my post before your mini-rant - but i'm an understanding chap so no probs

They are the reasons why i believe we are struggling - because we HAVEN'T had 2 flying wingers - playing the way DP plays will only work if this or a creative midfielder is in the team, alongside PAV - whom I referred to as a bloody good centre forward (in relation to the league he is playing!!)

So no drugs, certainly no dreaming and definately no Man U or Arsenal.

It's true that the next 5 games may sela our fate, though not certain.

I am far from a doom and glooomer.

I am worried we carry our form into the games.

But I am more worried we carry the mentality that we cannot afford to be defeated and play negatively.There have been bright spells of late, and a couple of wins and we will regain a momentum I feel.

I will be hugely disappointed if we don;t take the game to the next 5 opponets, I fully expect a couple fo draws and the odd defeat, but hopefully we can impose ourselves on other teasm rather than the other way round.

We don't seem to have been played off the park, like we have int he past at time, we just don't seem to be able toraise our game.

This is the key for me, and had been all season.

Have a go. Have a go. HAVE A :censored: GO!!

This is the key for me, and had been all season.

Have a go. Have a go. HAVE A :censored: GO!!

That's what we need.

We were dead before we entered the pitch last night and Leeds were very poor (by their standards) and there for the taking as Exeter, Wallsall etc did before us.

Hope he is willing to accept magic beans :D

On a serious note, I would hope there are some kind of clauses in his contract that would allow us to get rid of him cheap if he takes us down.

it is very fast approaching a ronnie moore style scenario where there are so many people voting with there feet,that the owners are gonna have to get there heads out of the sand sooner or later and do something pro active for a change.

you can discount the next season tickets all you like,but if people are fed up they wont renew.

the owners can quite easily pay him off by dipping into the buisness in the states if they wanted rid that much...just like if they really really wanted to they could pump decent funds in for a promotion season to buy the correct players needed to get us out of this league,but they wont.

Given that the owners have admitted they acted too early by listening to the fans and sacking Moore, I think this time they'll be more cautious. Granted that caution might take us down, but I think it's too late to act now anyway - can't see a new manager altering anything now. We'll either stay up by the skin of our teeth or go down, whoever's in charge.

Given that the owners have admitted they acted too early by listening to the fans and sacking Moore, I think this time they'll be more cautious. Granted that caution might take us down, but I think it's too late to act now anyway - can't see a new manager altering anything now. We'll either stay up by the skin of our teeth or go down, whoever's in charge.

But people aren't really bothering to call for his head - they've just stopped turning up! :lol:

True. Although that has parallels with the Moore situation - it wasn't so much the noise of fans calling for his head that did for him as the abysmal season ticket sales.

I think if he is still here at the end of the season we could be facing a similar scenario. Then it would be down to TTA to stand by their man or bow to the masses.

Yes but if you actually read what he'd said, just before he said if DP stayed then we'd get the points needed to stay up...and if we stay up then he should remain as manager. I agree.

If we were to be relegated I don't think many would be wanting him to stay.

Spot on. I do not believe DP and this squad will be relegated this season.

Unfortunately I fear that, and this is becoming a habit, the 'supporters' of this club expect miracles and instant success. DP has not delivered and therefore has been 'taken against' and will no doubt leave the club within the next 6 months.

Yet more compenstation paid out, less money for players, and less attractive to other would-be managers who will think that it is one of the most unsercure jobs in the lower leagues - you get boo'ed out after 6 months.

Give somebody, anybody to a point, time to really have an impact and then judge them. DP would get 3 seasons for me minimum unless we get relegated.

March is a massive month for us.....We'd better find our scoring boots quickly or even the eternal optimists will be reaching for the panic button.................I think!

you are right, if we dont get at least 12 points in march then we deserve to go down.

we are playing a lot of sides around us and some poor defences. we surely must score against these.

Spot on. I do not believe DP and this squad will be relegated this season.

Unfortunately I fear that, and this is becoming a habit, the 'supporters' of this club expect miracles and instant success. DP has not delivered and therefore has been 'taken against' and will no doubt leave the club within the next 6 months.

Yet more compenstation paid out, less money for players, and less attractive to other would-be managers who will think that it is one of the most unsercure jobs in the lower leagues - you get boo'ed out after 6 months.

Give somebody, anybody to a point, time to really have an impact and then judge them. DP would get 3 seasons for me minimum unless we get relegated.

miracles and instant sucess....your avin a laugh eh....how long have we been waiting for something decent since dropping like a stone from the top flight???

closest we have come is dowie,and how long ago was that...we gave the last man the best part of 3 seasons and he failed.....and more importantly we didnt progress as a club.

then we now have dp....for me and many others we are going backwards...im all in favour of giving managers time and more time.but when do you draw the line,and actually appoint someone decent who knows the game inside out

miracles and instant sucess....your avin a laugh eh....how long have we been waiting for something decent since dropping like a stone from the top flight???

closest we have come is dowie,and how long ago was that...we gave the last man the best part of 3 seasons and he failed.....and more importantly we didnt progress as a club.

then we now have dp....for me and many others we are going backwards...im all in favour of giving managers time and more time.but when do you draw the line,and actually appoint someone decent who knows the game inside out

How long? Longer than half a season.

Miracles and Instant success? How long have we been waiting - a long time. How many managers in that period though? Too many. I remember when Royle was here 1st time we used to laugh at Man City and their revolving door manager merry-go-round....we are just as bad, if not worse.

Appoint somebody decent who knows the game inside out? Any really good manager is not going to manage a third division side. At this level you have 2 maybe 3 options.

1) Completely untried e.g. Dowie / Ritchie / Sheriden/ Sharpe. Ritchie and Sheriden were not given long enough, before fans or owners lost patiance.

2) Experienced e.g. Talbot, Moore, Warncock, Wadswotrth (of sorts), Penny. These have had success on their CV in the past, but also failures as well. All came and went and addedd to the latter column of their CVs.

3) Is someone that has a limited experience but not really failed. Dave Penny is in that category for me. I think Sheriden is there as well now at Chesterfield. However we seem all to keen to boot them out early and make sure they can sit comfortably in No. 2).

We are not going to get a wonderful long term successful manager. There is no manager you can bring in that will guarantee success, epsecially with our resources (players / money). Even Chelsea found that with Scolari.

Dave Penny has us trying to play better football than I saw from Warnsock, Moore, Talbot (4-5-1 at home FFS!). I think he has a less talented squad than Shez and Dowie had for most of their tenures (and look back at the home form under Dowie - wasn't that good. Lots of 1-0 away wins ground out, not exactly the Brazil of League One).

However as I said previously - the fickle fans of Oldham have made a decision and the Boo Boys will ensure that DP joins the ever growing list of ex-Latic Managers. I'd bet that like Shez appears to be doing, he'll go on and achieve success elsewhere.

Miracles and Instant success? How long have we been waiting - a long time. How many managers in that period though? Too many. I remember when Royle was here 1st time we used to laugh at Man City and their revolving door manager merry-go-round....we are just as bad, if not worse.

Appoint somebody decent who knows the game inside out? Any really good manager is not going to manage a third division side. At this level you have 2 maybe 3 options.

1) Completely untried e.g. Dowie / Ritchie / Sheriden/ Sharpe. Ritchie and Sheriden were not given long enough, before fans or owners lost patiance.

2) Experienced e.g. Talbot, Moore, Warncock, Wadswotrth (of sorts), Penny. These have had success on their CV in the past, but also failures as well. All came and went and addedd to the latter column of their CVs.

3) Is someone that has a limited experience but not really failed. Dave Penny is in that category for me. I think Sheriden is there as well now at Chesterfield. However we seem all to keen to boot them out early and make sure they can sit comfortably in No. 2).

We are not going to get a wonderful long term successful manager. There is no manager you can bring in that will guarantee success, epsecially with our resources (players / money). Even Chelsea found that with Scolari.

Dave Penny has us trying to play better football than I saw from Warnsock, Moore, Talbot (4-5-1 at home FFS!). I think he has a less talented squad than Shez and Dowie had for most of their tenures (and look back at the home form under Dowie - wasn't that good. Lots of 1-0 away wins ground out, not exactly the Brazil of League One).

However as I said previously - the fickle fans of Oldham have made a decision and the Boo Boys will ensure that DP joins the ever growing list of ex-Latic Managers. I'd bet that like Shez appears to be doing, he'll go on and achieve success elsewhere.

Rarely do we have the opportunity to read such well balanced, sensible thoughts. Good post.

Have you been this season? :shock: (waits for the hook)

Have you been this season? :shock: (waits for the hook)

Yes. And at times its been awful.

But I'd ask did you see the Tabot 4-5-1 approach in home games?

Did you see the 'hoof' ball played by Moore and Warncock?

I'd ask did you not think the performances against Walsall and Col Utd were an improvement and showed positive signs for the future?

Yes. And at times its been awful.

But I'd ask did you see the Tabot 4-5-1 approach in home games?

Did you see the 'hoof' ball played by Moore and Warncock?

I'd ask did you not think the performances against Walsall and Col Utd were an improvement and showed positive signs for the future?

Yes i've seen all those managers' teams and tactics and yes they were dire.

Walsall was an improvement granted but i hate the negativity that we employ far too often, last night being another example.

I wasn't at colchester but believe we were unlucky to lose, we need to adopt this more attacking approach in future games though and try to win the games rather than avoid defeat though.

Yes i've seen all those managers' teams and tactics and yes they were dire.

Walsall was an improvement granted but i hate the negativity that we employ far too often, last night being another example.

I wasn't at colchester but believe we were unlucky to lose, we need to adopt this more attacking approach in future games though and try to win the games rather than avoid defeat though.

Agreed. But doesn't the fact that 2 out of the last 3 games have had this more attacking approach mean that perhaps DP is turning things round and therefore deserves a chance to continue this improvements rather then face crys of Out Out Out!

Agreed. But doesn't the fact that 2 out of the last 3 games have had this more attacking approach mean that perhaps DP is turning things round and therefore deserves a chance to continue this improvements rather then face crys of Out Out Out!

Time will tell i suppose, we've got a massive month coming up after norwich.This period of games will make or break mr. penney. Anything less than a good haul of points and the vultures will really be circling.