Post Game Thread: Leeds United

Guest Scratch2000uk

Lots of excuses for poor perfomances, the buck stops with the manager, he's done a terrible job so far, and to be quite frank He doesn't give a monkeys what you think. :grin:

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just seen the goals on Sky - Brill at falult for the first - 2nd goal defence all over the shop

Sound familiar?

Invite pressure against the most powerful attack and give them nothing back for at least half the game, and you will get beaten 9.5/10. The result away at Charlton was decent I thought, we did enough to give them pause for thought that we could go and rob it and it made them show us a little respect. I'm not sure we are getting much of that at the moment.

Just seen the goals on Sky - Brill at falult for the first - 2nd goal defence all over the shop

Sound familiar?

Not considering that our defensive record is pretty decent in comparison with the rest - I think you'll find that the "Oldham 0" sounds more familiar!! :wink:

However, I'll not interupt a thread that will now descend into a 'DP is crap', 'we are too defensive', 'we are going down' type of thread........Crack on the lot of you...

If we can't beat the best three teams in the league then how are we going to beat the worst? We're doomed.

Sorry, I forgot Shez had gone.

You've got to do more than just turn up though dude! All these teams are dropping points, none of them will to us though when we show up the way we are doing. If we will most likely lose them anyway, let's have a go, if we sneak a result then it would do wonders for what is clearly a low team spirit, even losing a battle against Leeds or Norwich could pick us up. I can't see how rolling over against the big boys is going to set us up to beat the small ones just now. We have to shake the losing mentality and play every minute of every game.

If we can't beat the best three teams in the league then how are we going to beat the worst? We're doomed.

Sorry, I forgot Shez had gone.

We wont beat many of the worst either, the team doesn't score enough goals.

Edited by BP1960

Some of our performances against the "better" teams in this division have been shocking. I saw the two home games V Leeds and we didn't look anywhere near scoring in either of them; same story again tonight by all accounts.

You can't just give up against the better sides; what about when we were in the top 6 in recent seasons? Teams lower down didn't just roll over against us and expect to get beat, but it seems as if that the team are beaten before they step out onto the pitch when we play teams like Leeds. How can we win a game if we have no intention of getting shots on goal? As the Leeds fans sung in the last game "2-0 down, and your pleased with it".

To pretend that it doesn't matter getting beat some of the better teams in a god awful division is a train heading straight from the happy clapper central. I'm not happy and I'm not clapping. But I'll still be there on Saturday.

i think people we expecting a result today becuase of the last 2 visits to ER but what i got from the last few reports on SSN, is that we're creating chances but not scoring and until the midfield come up and help, itll stay that way. tough game vs norwich at the weekend but the games after that are crucial and we need near maximum points from most of them.

its not this season im especially worried about (i think we will stay up)

its next season that bothers me (DP will still be here)

we need to be more attack minded, if he plays the same way next year, then we are in trouble

He hasn't changed anything this season, so I expect next will be no different.

its not this season im especially worried about (i think we will stay up)

its next season that bothers me (DP will still be here)

we need to be more attack minded, if he plays the same way next year, then we are in trouble

If he plays the same way next year my cats in trouble!

Walsall (anyone remember how awful they were when we played them at BP), and our fellow relegation rivals Wycombe, Hartlepool, Exeter, Brighton have all played Leeds within the last two months.

They all took at least one point from the game.

its not all about leeds you know. we have to play all of them with three at home and we have to be looking for maximum points. if we dont then we worry

Ah well, we always have trouble with Becchio. And we were never gonna get a result at Elland Road on a Tuesday night, it was a none starter. I'd like a draw on Saturday but we'll probably lose and Norwich are a great attacking team and can break anyone down. We need a goalscorer in before Exeter though.

I'm travelling down for that one. And let me tell you, if we don't play with some attacking nous, Penney is going to get it. It's a small ground, it'll be a small crowd. And I've got a big gob. So he'd better play it the right way.......... :ranting:

B)

Not considering that our defensive record is pretty decent in comparison with the rest - I think you'll find that the "Oldham 0" sounds more familiar!! :wink:

However, I'll not interupt a thread that will now descend into a 'DP is crap', 'we are too defensive', 'we are going down' type of thread........Crack on the lot of you...

can you tell me where you get the rose coloured glasses you wear because they must be very good if they make dp look ok to you and the other wearers of rose coloured glasses

You've got to do more than just turn up though dude! All these teams are dropping points, none of them will to us though when we show up the way we are doing. If we will most likely lose them anyway, let's have a go, if we sneak a result then it would do wonders for what is clearly a low team spirit, even losing a battle against Leeds or Norwich could pick us up. I can't see how rolling over against the big boys is going to set us up to beat the small ones just now. We have to shake the losing mentality and play every minute of every game.

Is there a low team spirit though? And we didn't roll over against Colchester.

My point is just that before these two games loads of people said it didn't matter, we lose them both and despite a good performance on Saturday it's panic stations. I don't like the way DP has played at times this season against the big boys, but we made a fist of it at Colchester and by all accounts had a decent go at Swindon, and people lose sight of that.

Like I said, if we get done at Exeter then there'll be a real reason to start getting het up. On Friday there was positivity we could nick a win from the tough schedule, but as it's happened we've lost to 2nd and 3rd in the last four days, not 22nd and 23rd.

B)

can you tell me where you get the rose coloured glasses you wear because they must be very good if they make dp look ok to you and the other wearers of rose coloured glasses

Not rose coloured at all. Note that I found difficulty in the post regarding criticism aimed at Brill and the defence, when it's plain to see (even through my rose coloured glasses!), that our problem is creating and goalscoring (now even Stevie Wonders glasses could see that!)

As for DP - Rose coloured - far from it.......Realistic and patient - Definately! I would imagine that you had little to say after Walsall at home, Brighton and Charlton away........Whilst realising we are not in a great position, patience is a virtue - not a merry go round of managers every 6 months!!

My point is just that before these two games loads of people said it didn't matter, we lose them both and despite a good performance on Saturday it's panic stations. I don't like the way DP has played at times this season against the big boys, but we made a fist of it at Colchester and by all accounts had a decent go at Swindon, and people lose sight of that.

Like I said, if we get done at Exeter then there'll be a real reason to start getting het up. On Friday there was positivity we could nick a win from the tough schedule, but as it's happened we've lost to 2nd and 3rd in the last four days, not 22nd and 23rd.

The worry is goals will be just as hard to come by with the present set up against lower teams, who will be battling themselves for points.

Edited by BP1960

Invite pressure against the most powerful attack and give them nothing back for at least half the game, and you will get beaten 9.5/10. The result away at Charlton was decent I thought, we did enough to give them pause for thought that we could go and rob it and it made them show us a little respect. I'm not sure we are getting much of that at the moment.

Whether we played against a poor Charlton side to get the draw i'm unsure but they were certainly no better than Leeds tonight who were no better than an average League One side IMO.

Not rose coloured at all. Note that I found difficulty in the post regarding criticism aimed at Brill and the defence, when it's plain to see (even through my rose coloured glasses!), that our problem is creating and goalscoring (now even Stevie Wonders glasses could see that!)

As for DP - Rose coloured - far from it.......Realistic and patient - Definately! I would imagine that you had little to say after Walsall at home, Brighton and Charlton away........Whilst realising we are not in a great position, patience is a virtue - not a merry go round of managers every 6 months!!

I actually half agree with you. By referencing the goals I wasn't able to see any context, the defence has probably been better than the attack this season.

Good teams defend as a unit & attack as one. So we'll blame the midfield, after all he's only got about 15 of those to select from!!!

Its gonna be difficult for teams to score when you put 11 men behind the ball!! Sure we arent conceding many and we have only conceded 3 or more twice this season but using players defensively limits their ability to get forward and create opportunites and goals! I dont buy that we just need a goal poacher to start winning games because we dont create enough chances. Granted that has improved slightly but still the whole mentality of penneys tactics needs a change imo to score more goals and start entertaining more fans...

I know you saw it differently against Colchester but I thought they were a fairly poor team and it was played on a swamp, which should even out some skill differences if you play to the conditions. Long to Price AND Abbott, or over the top for the wide men to hope it sticks in a puddle. We just need to go into every game with one or two ideas of where the goal is coming from and the desire to make it happen. Then trust the defence to do their jobs, because the rest of the team aren't doing theirs.