Post Game Thread: Leeds United

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah well, we always have trouble with Becchio. And we were never gonna get a result at Elland Road on a Tuesday night, it was a none starter. I'd like a draw on Saturday but we'll probably lose and Norwich are a great attacking team and can break anyone down. We need a goalscorer in before Exeter though.

Latics in 'fail to score again' shock.

It's by far the biggest concern. I said in Chat, every game Brill, Hazell or whoever know that if they make one mistake we lose. It's them up at the other end and them not creating that need to raise their game if we are going to pull out of this. The mentality of the team isn't right.

Anyway, it's too late to bitch about it. We ALL have to back the team on Saturday. I can't deny now that we are staring danger in the face, we can't ask the players to stand up and fight together if we don't as well.

Andy Robinson sorry mate, whose this lad then... :huh:

Fat geezer who plays on the wing, who turned down a new contract at newly promoted Swansea to join Leeds who were in the playoff final against Donny. But he's fallen out of favour with Leeds and doesn't even make the 16 man squad anymore.

A couple of wins recently seem to have quietened the "Penny Outers", but his tactics against the top teams just mean we're bullied in midfield and out-competed every time. We don't even try to play on the break.

Our survival shouldn't depend on getting a result against the teams we "should" beat.

Edited by JoeP

Fat geezer who plays on the wing, who turned down a new contract at newly promoted Swansea to join Leeds who were in the playoff final against Donny. But he's fallen out of favour with Leeds and doesn't even make the 16 man squad anymore.

cheers

Let's put our hands in our pockets pay a chunk of Andy Robinson's wages for the next 3 months and get him in on loan, a bit of steel and quality added to the team and 100% available.

I'm sorry but signing one player, even two or three wouldnt sort this mess out at the minute. The teams attitude is so negative, and theres only one person to blame for that. Mr Nice Guy.

We are in very serious trouble. doesnt matter how many games in hand we have, if you don't score goals you dont win games. We couldn't score in a brothel with a free s**g voucher

[/qu

ote]

:lol: Funny but very true, this has been the problem all season and until we rectify it then there's only one way we're heading.

We'll probably hear how we're on the lookout for a striker or got irons in the fire.......ACT NOW PENNEY BEFORE YOU CONDEMN US!

Knew this would happen, we beat Tranmere and Walsall (as we had to) and then people said 'Colchester-Leeds-Norwich...anything's a bonus', fully expecting we'd get beaten in three games against the league's top three teams. Yet we lose the first two, as everyone accepted we would probably do, and suddenly the end is nigh.

I'm not denying we're a good team, and I'm certainly not saying we're not in a relegation scrap (I've been saying that since pre-season)...but it's not exactly breaking news. Very few people expected us to get anything from these fixtures and that prediction will probably come true, yet people press the panic button. Long and short of it is that whilst Leeds haven't been on the best run of late, they're still second in the league and expect to beat most sides. I'd be much more concerned if we get outplayed at Exeter. As it happens we got beat by a side that, sadly, will probably win automatic promotion and on Saturday we put in a decent shift against a side who will definately make the playoffs.

Edited by jsslatic

Since November we have won three (yes count em all on one hand, one two three) games. We've also drawn three and lost 10, and failed to score in half of them

dp is a joke,allways has been,allways will be,just glad dale got beat tonight hopefully they will go on a slide so we will still play them in league 3 next season because thats the only place we are heading under that yorkshire clown :angry:

No creative midfielders, no overlapping full backs, no goal poachers...and it's been like that since pre season.

How can we expect things to change when the game plan is always the same, it's not looking good to me. :(

Correct.

Abbott and Price are scoring at the rate they've done through their careers (roughly 1 in 2 and 1 in 4).

We need more goals from the likes of Smalley (1), Taylor (1), Colbeck (1), Furman (0), Whittaker (0), Stephens (0), Worthington (before he got injured 0).

I forgot Parker (2)