Final Consultation

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All gone quiet at the council? What's new? The council should be actively talking to the club when the charity commission came out with their findings so far. It's beginning to look like another huge cockup from Oldham MBC.

It's not going to happen again? Isn't it?

All gone quiet at the council? What's new? The council should be actively talking to the club when the charity commission came out with their findings so far. It's beginning to look like another huge cockup from Oldham MBC.

It's not going to happen again? Isn't it?

It's the one thing you can rely on with this club at the moment.

Time for the Trust to raise some questions, if Failsworth doesn't happen where do we go? Only place in Oldham will be BP, BP with houses being built on it.

There isn't planning permission to build houses (or anything) on BP and the owners have to have the stadium used for sport for ten years from when they bought it. So there is no question of a groundshare until we reach the point at which Failsworth is definitely not going to be ready for (I presume) some time in 2014. Not saying there are no grounds for worry but the building at BP makes not one spec of difference.

There isn't planning permission to build houses (or anything) on BP and the owners have to have the stadium used for sport for ten years from when they bought it. So there is no question of a groundshare until we reach the point at which Failsworth is definitely not going to be ready for (I presume) some time in 2014. Not saying there are no grounds for worry but the building at BP makes not one spec of difference.

2014 isn't too far way, what then ?

By 2014 the long term plan will have been achieved _ by then there will only be about 1,200 people who will actually give a toss, and most of those will be desperate enough to accept a ground comprising the backyard of a former bus depot with goal posts painted on the garage doors. At least we'll be able to get the standing areas we all crave.

As Al Murray would say 'It's staring you in the face FFS'

By 2014 the long term plan will have been achieved _ by then there will only be about 1,200 people who will actually give a toss, and most of those will be desperate enough to accept a ground comprising the backyard of a former bus depot with goal posts painted on the garage doors. At least we'll be able to get the standing areas we all crave.

As Al Murray would say 'It's staring you in the face FFS'

The council have "gone quiet" because they are doing exactly what they said they would do when the Charity Commission announced their (non)decision. As Cllr Mohib Uddin, Cabinet member for Regeneration, said on 12 Feb:

"It was crucial for all affected parties that we obtained a view from the Charity Commission about the legal status of the land following due consideration of all the available evidence.

"In the light of this communication, Oldham Council is reviewing all of its options regarding the potential disposal of this land to Oldham Athletic Football Club.

"Officers have now been instructed to present a report to Cabinet on Wednesday, March 3, to outline the next steps available to us in this matter."

The council have "gone quiet" because they are doing exactly what they said they would do when the Charity Commission announced their (non)decision. As Cllr Mohib Uddin, Cabinet member for Regeneration, said on 12 Feb:

"It was crucial for all affected parties that we obtained a view from the Charity Commission about the legal status of the land following due consideration of all the available evidence.

"In the light of this communication, Oldham Council is reviewing all of its options regarding the potential disposal of this land to Oldham Athletic Football Club.

"Officers have now been instructed to present a report to Cabinet on Wednesday, March 3, to outline the next steps available to us in this matter."

The report might be presented, but will we hear it's findings immediately or will it be dragged on and on with no one taking responsibility ?

Time for the Trust to raise some questions, if Failsworth doesn't happen where do we go? Only place in Oldham will be BP, BP with houses being built on it.

It may cost a bit more but the land behind derker and sholver which should have been a golf course built by 2002 would be ideal, no neighbours, no question of oldham or manchester and plenty of space to build,

I bet the failsworth lot will still have something to say about it though

I wouldn't guarantee a decision on the 3rd, but I think they realise the decision must come quickly.

I dont know even if they give us the nod to build the failsworth lot will find something else that bothers them 100% and find some other commision to try and help them stop it,

wont be happy until the land is deserted, desolate, littered and full of 13 year olds drinking cider, then they will move on to try and stop anyone else trying to build something there

I really cannot see why everyone is running around in circles and in the main down dark alleys. Apart from not actively seeking, gaining and getting the correct funding that is!. We have a football club with over 100 years heritage that currently sits on alot of prime land that as so much scope (and initial permission) to develope into something great. Forget Ferney Fields and Failsworth lets do the bloody obvious thing all round and seek investment to make the BP site an area where people flock to every day and night of the week, more so than currently flock to BP on a Saturday. Forget the houses apart from the top of the site for keyworker unit's and get leisure business on there, stuff that all the Oldham folk will enjoy and yes.....even the Mancs from Failsworth.

Edited by Lags

bp land to small? to have all the nice facilities i.e football pitches etc also didnt the people around the area disagrea with the planning aswell?

we will never ever have anything good happen at oafc as we dont have the support of the town and the council, there is allways somthing or someone that is happly waiting to put a nail in the oafc coffin.

i wish i wasnt born in oldham the town where dreams dont come true its a :censored: hole of a place

bp land to small? to have all the nice facilities i.e football pitches etc also didnt the people around the area disagrea with the planning aswell?

we will never ever have anything good happen at oafc as we dont have the support of the town and the council, there is allways somthing or someone that is happly waiting to put a nail in the oafc coffin.

i wish i wasnt born in oldham the town where dreams dont come true its a :censored: hole of a place

Isn't it now clearly obvious that Failsworth is going the way every other plots gone?. The only plot we've got is BP, so why rush head long into a senerio where even that plots gone? Yes I know TTA have spent money snapping up Failsworth land and do you know what? they've still got it!!!!! they can build houses on it and get their cash back. However once all the plots have gone Latics can't get BP back. Remember the promise...football on BP for 10 years, that's the only promise we have and I believe it will be honoured, but what then? I've said it before and I'll say it again....ground share at Spotland anyone?

Edited by Lags