Post Game Thread: Norwich City

i thought we didnt play too badly today. they took us on the counter and holt, hoolahoop and martin upfront were always going to punish us.

we have to take alot of points from the next few games as the final 8 games are tough. also, i thought that keiran lee played well at rightback today and he should be given more of a chance

tell me where you get you glasses from because theyn see much more than i do :shock:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

tell me where you get you glasses from because theyn see much more than i do :shock:

i dont see how you could watch that game and think different. we played well and norwich were disappointing for me. fmost of the team were up for it, a couple had disappointing games like jaconson and abbott and i agree with whoever said we looked more of a threat when parker came on.

we need to use this performance and build on it for exeter away and hopefully put some of the chances we're making away.

one thing i thought we should have done today was shoot on site. scoring has been a problem lately and if we shoot often enough, one is going to go in. the wingers dont want to cross so shoot instead.

Can't understand how some people can be content with that performance today, sack the ******* lot!

I cannot comment on the performance today as I was not there. However if we have the 'oh I was expecting to get beat today so that makes it ok' attitude then we may as well not have bothered turning up to the last three games. If the likes of wycombe, exeter, southend can battle and take points off top teams theres no reason why we can't.

We have lost 12 games from our last 18, and we have failed to score in 11 of the last 18.

Too good to go down?? In the wise words of Dave Spikey, I f*****g think not my friends.

i dont see how you could watch that game and think different. we played well and norwich were disappointing for me. fmost of the team were up for it, a couple had disappointing games like jaconson and abbott and i agree with whoever said we looked more of a threat when parker came on.

we need to use this performance and build on it for exeter away and hopefully put some of the chances we're making away.

one thing i thought we should have done today was shoot on site. scoring has been a problem lately and if we shoot often enough, one is going to go in. the wingers dont want to cross so shoot instead.

Mr Dowie didnt see it that way on SSN

:ranting:

the tactics of mr bad penney today said it all ,from their corners lets have 11 in our box and then when it gets cleared it comes straight6 back into our box ,masterfull ,lets get j.price on till the end of the season and watch him do :censored: all thoughtfull ,and then i will stand on the touchline with both my hands in my pockets showing no emotion whatsoever and tell my sidekick bollockbrained gray to tell the players what not to do

:ranting:

the tactics of mr bad penney today said it all ,from their corners lets have 11 in our box and then when it gets cleared it comes straight6 back into our box ,masterfull ,lets get j.price on till the end of the season and watch him do :censored: all thoughtfull ,and then i will stand on the touchline with both my hands in my pockets showing no emotion whatsoever and tell my sidekick bollockbrained gray to tell the players what not to do

have you ever thought of actually supporting the team. it was obvious today that the players were trying and creating a couple of chances. on a different day, parker would have scored and reubens shot wouldnt have got blocked off the line. our next seven games are all winnable and most of them are at home so get behind the team and lets try to get of of the relegation zone

have you ever thought of actually supporting the team. it was obvious today that the players were trying and creating a couple of chances. on a different day, parker would have scored and reubens shot wouldnt have got blocked off the line. our next seven games are all winnable and most of them are at home so get behind the team and lets try to get of of the relegation zone

and you sir take the prize of being mr deluded 2010...

do not tell me to support the team i have been supporting from 1960 and seen my team nearly have to apply re-eletion to the football league ,the teams i watched then played with passion and commitment and the shirt they wore not like today it means nothing only a wage ,so do not patronise me :ranting:

do not tell me to support the team i have been supporting from 1960 and seen my team nearly have to apply re-eletion to the football league ,the teams i watched then played with passion and commitment and the shirt they wore not like today it means nothing only a wage ,so do not patronise me :ranting:

Im with you, mate... :ranting:

its nothing personal, i just dont see the point of having a go at the team after games against the top three in a row

its nothing personal, i just dont see the point of having a go at the team after games against the top three in a row

if the team had been managed the right way the last three games would have been just three games we would have not been as bothered about but at this m :ranting::ranting: oment in time we are in :censored: street because of a certain mr bad penney who in my opinion couldnt give a :censored: that is what pisses me off

OK - Not read the :censored:e and counter :censored:e that has gone before but here goes;

There didn't seem an awful lot wrong out there today - we lack 2 MASSIVE ingredients - a bit of quality in the last third and a HUGE slice of luck.

We completely nullified the best team in the divisions threat of Hoolyhoop, Martin and Holt (apart from the goal obvioulsyl!) Gregan and Hazell had the game sewn up - Stephens was the best midfielder on the park - Lee and JJ had v good games at full back, Docherty and Nelson are probably the divisions' strongest center half pairing.You 'penney outers' can say many things regarding lack of goals etc and are dead right.......but in regards to his work rate, team work and tactics, he's not far off...........DP out - My arse you clowns!

OK - Not read the :censored:e and counter :censored:e that has gone before but here goes;

There didn't seem an awful lot wrong out there today - we lack 2 MASSIVE ingredients - a bit of quality in the last third and a HUGE slice of luck.

We completely nullified the best team in the divisions threat of Hoolyhoop, Martin and Holt (apart from the goal obvioulsyl!) Gregan and Hazell had the game sewn up - Stephens was the best midfielder on the park - Lee and JJ had v good games at full back, Docherty and Nelson are probably the divisions' strongest center half pairing.You 'penney outers' can say many things regarding lack of goals etc and are dead right.......but in regards to his work rate, team work and tactics, he's not far off...........DP out - My arse you clowns!

Completely agree Futcher's. Had the header from Hazell looped in first half, and the one-on-one been despatched by Parker (Ha, chance would be a fine thing) then we'd have been lamenting a brilliant, hardworking victory and would have provided a massive boost in confidence for the crucial month ahead. Archtypically, it was those rubs of the green which the struggling teams don't usually get, and the top sides seem to get away with.

The only thing a broadside can be fired upon Penney is the pretty negative tactics which mean we set ourselves out to frustrate teams too often. We took the game a lot to Norwich today however, but were let down by a lack of quality when the ball went out wide to either Colbeck or Taylor.

Completely agree Futcher's. Had the header from Hazell looped in first half, and the one-on-one been despatched by Parker (Ha, chance would be a fine thing) then we'd have been lamenting a brilliant, hardworking victory and would have provided a massive boost in confidence for the crucial month ahead. Archtypically, it was those rubs of the green which the struggling teams don't usually get, and the top sides seem to get away with.

The only thing a broadside can be fired upon Penney is the pretty negative tactics which mean we set ourselves out to frustrate teams too often. We took the game a lot to Norwich today however, but were let down by a lack of quality when the ball went out wide to either Colbeck or Taylor.

Cheers FMS and indeed - I said in a thread previous days ago, that the way DP has us playing, we need 2 quality wingers and a Bloody good centre forward to make us effective.........Unfortunately that isn't happening for us this season and we are struggling as a result.

Today the back four were pretty solid. The strikers made themselves a handful without creating too much but what was happening in the midfield? There seemed to be no plan, no shape, no organisation and NO ONE playing like a winger. The nearest thing to wing play was in the second after Colbeck went off and Lee got forward once or twice. I was really pleased for Lee today. He played with a cool head and made Colbeck look like a headless chicken with him on the right.

Today the back four were pretty solid. The strikers made themselves a handful without creating too much but what was happening in the midfield? There seemed to be no plan, no shape, no organisation and NO ONE playing like a winger. The nearest thing to wing play was in the second after Colbeck went off and Lee got forward once or twice. I was really pleased for Lee today. He played with a cool head and made Colbeck look like a headless chicken with him on the right.

agree

why are we clowns is it because we are not as easily led up the garden path as you are ,and in regards to his"work rate team work and !tactics! he's a million miles away from being off ? you clowns :grin:

As a long time lurker on this site i have read the views of others on this site posting nonsense but have never before been sufficiently riled to post but here goes!! Latics despite our clear limitations had 3 golden opportunities to score today that you simply cannot miss at any level; The Price miss in the first half, Taylor heading the ball over the bar from practically in the net in the second and the obvious Parker chance...it is these misses that are simply killing us. Against a good side playing poorly who could obviously move the ball (was really impressed by their right winger McNamee) we choked the midfield squeezed the play up the pitch and made ourselves difficult to penetrate which is to our credit.

Their goal came from a defensive slip by Lee who ironically had possibly his best game for the club and offered a good outlet on the right and carried the ball well. Our weaknesses that are clearly highlighted are when we try and get the ball past our strikers with a wide player, or indeed one of our central midfielders which we are failing to do. As a result teams can sit deep, invite us inside and ask us to score from 30 yards against a packed defence with two giant centre halves (as all teams do at this level) which we don't have the players to do. (Aside possibly from Stevens who despite not scoring can clearly strike the ball cleanly and powerfully)

How anybody can watch that game and claim that we lack effort or application is beyond me. We are limited and clearly not to good to go down seen as our weaknesses make us very easy to play against and nullify but I feel for the players if their integrity is being questioned unfairly.

As for Penny i am certainly not a fan and if what little i hear is true ,he is not a great technical coach with limited ability to improve the players we have. However to lay the blame squarely at his door is harsh and i believe the problems we have at the club go way beyond him alone, and removing him would not solve anything except give a short term bounce in form for more long term upheaval. We are stuck in a long term rut, no better or significantly worse than a lot of clubs at this level, and until the people of the town back the club thats where we will stay, subject to this sort of worry if the bounce of the ball does not go our way and we lose tight games such as this one today.

Are you serious??? Parker won't score a 1 on 1 as long as I've a hole in my arse.

He's had neary a dozen similar chances this season as fluffed every single one!!

good post futcher.

Yes we are all entitled to our opinion but can we save it until the end of the game?

Those fans who were shouting for the managers head around me all seem to be a younger generation. Blooming eck it put me right off, so how do you think its going to effect those 11 on the pitch?

Now, I will throw my hat into the ring, do you think we play better away than at home? There are diehards on here that can answer that, me, I have only been to two away games, Wycomber and Tranmere an I don't remember the shouting for the managers head at either but goo vocal support.

So mayber we should ask the FA to play all our remaining home games behind closed doors to get away from all this negativity. If it gives us a shot at wining the remaining ones then I am all for it - extreme I know.

We have playe the top three teams inthe last week and we were stuffed in anyway, at least turned up for two and have come away with a least respectable scorelines from those teams (IMO)

So, fans we approach March and roughly 7 games left at home, how about we start supporting, get behind this team. There aren't going to be any earth shattering changes to this team or the manager so lets get a grip, sing your heart out fo the lads and if you still not happy - then boo, bay for blood at the end of a game.

As a long time lurker on this site i have read the views of others on this site posting nonsense but have never before been sufficiently riled to post but here goes!! Latics despite our clear limitations had 3 golden opportunities to score today that you simply cannot miss at any level; The Price miss in the first half, Taylor heading the ball over the bar from practically in the net in the second and the obvious Parker chance...it is these misses that are simply killing us. Against a good side playing poorly who could obviously move the ball (was really impressed by their right winger McNamee) we choked the midfield squeezed the play up the pitch and made ourselves difficult to penetrate which is to our credit.

Their goal came from a defensive slip by Lee who ironically had possibly his best game for the club and offered a good outlet on the right and carried the ball well. Our weaknesses that are clearly highlighted are when we try and get the ball past our strikers with a wide player, or indeed one of our central midfielders which we are failing to do. As a result teams can sit deep, invite us inside and ask us to score from 30 yards against a packed defence with two giant centre halves (as all teams do at this level) which we don't have the players to do. (Aside possibly from Stevens who despite not scoring can clearly strike the ball cleanly and powerfully)

How anybody can watch that game and claim that we lack effort or application is beyond me. We are limited and clearly not to good to go down seen as our weaknesses make us very easy to play against and nullify but I feel for the players if their integrity is being questioned unfairly.

As for Penny i am certainly not a fan and if what little i hear is true ,he is not a great technical coach with limited ability to improve the players we have. However to lay the blame squarely at his door is harsh and i believe the problems we have at the club go way beyond him alone, and removing him would not solve anything except give a short term bounce in form for more long term upheaval. We are stuck in a long term rut, no better or significantly worse than a lot of clubs at this level, and until the people of the town back the club thats where we will stay, subject to this sort of worry if the bounce of the ball does not go our way and we lose tight games such as this one today.

Couldn't have put it better myself - people are blurring the lines between the problems at the club and trying to turn all these debates into the same one. Like with the parallel thread about Penney's "I don't give a monkey's" comment; somehow that gets twisted into the usual diatribe against a lazy / disinterested / poor team managed by an inept / disinterested / lazy coach.

I have seen Oldham play with a lack of edge, and I've seen shabby performances that are low on anything other than frustration. However I honestly cannot criticise the effort of the players out there week in, week out.

Certain folks need to try and set aside their apathy for the team over the next 5 games, which are hugely important, and try to be positive on the terraces and get behind the side. We aren't going to get any further by slamming the younger players who are suffering in a dog-fight in a way that they won't have in their careers to date.