Striker needed

pipe dreams

i hope we can concentrate on players we stand a chance of getting rather than pie in the sky hopes and dreams,i dont want penny stating on friday we couldnt get anybody in from premier league..

what about the lad at york...27 goals this season so far,get him in on loan before he gets snapped up

Why would York let Brodie go on loan?? Pushing for promotion, they've already turned down a bid from Grimsby.

He's currently suspended btw.

Penny is like big phil for chelsea last season, the players did not turn up for him and thats what is happening here. Once they sacked him they were like there old self again and i think we need to do the same before its too late. Get Lee duxbury in till the end of the season and go from there, ok we will have too pay penny a few quid but i think its best of pay him now and try and stay up then pay him in june and go down. The money we get for O`grady use that too pay a good championship forward for a month or 2.

Not at Saturday's game? or Colchester? Or others recently? The players are, in the vast majority putting in shifts,. But not scoring is a different point - and I don't know any manager who is going to turn Keigan into a goal machine.

Why would York let Brodie go on loan?? Pushing for promotion, they've already turned down a bid from Grimsby.

He's currently suspended btw.

they probably wouldnt,the point is though we should be looking at all leagues and all strikers at all levels,not just premier league players where we havent got a hope in hell.

what about the lad at york...27 goals this season so far,get him in on loan before he gets snapped up

I would stick my neck out that Tony Gray at Droylsden would score a dozen goals for Latics if he was taken on loan until the end of the season with a view to buying him.

Now if we could just find that 15k a week for his wages!

Who? Schmeichel or Hughes? I know the keeper is on £15k a week, but think Hughes is on much less. And there's certainly no-one in the bottom league who'd take him on for the money he wants. Anyway, can't see Hughes coming back just because I don't think the owners would have him back.

How about the kid from Sunderland we were scoping out a season or two back?

Lewis Guy from Donny?

Nippy striker, not having much of a look-in there at the moment. Might be a good foil for Abbott. Probably fits Penney's MO re:signing players too. Doesn't seem to be getting much a of run now that James Hayter (wish he was available) is in their team.

We are in a similar postion to when we brought Beckett in to save us from the drop. Didnt we have to pay £50000 to get him to come to us on loan with a view to permanently signing him ? The striker problem has existed all season and now we do not have time to bring people in for a month and see how they go. Penney and the owners have to get someone in like Beckett who has a proven track record of scoring to save us from the drop.

I would stick my neck out that Tony Gray at Droylsden would score a dozen goals for Latics if he was taken on loan until the end of the season with a view to buying him.

What are his stats BP1960; do you know?

Age / Height / goals scored this season / previous clubs.......

We are in the brown and smelly stuff - not really a time to be gambling on untried players, I think. Could be worth keeping an eye on, I guess.

Some other suggestions:

Leon Clarke

Freddie Eastwood

Johnathan Forte

Nicky Maynard (my personal choice if available - not a first choice for Brizzle City at the moment; was fantastic on his day at this level and could link up well with Abbott).

Edited by Ackey

Who? Schmeichel or Hughes? I know the keeper is on £15k a week, but think Hughes is on much less. And there's certainly no-one in the bottom league who'd take him on for the money he wants. Anyway, can't see Hughes coming back just because I don't think the owners would have him back.

How about the kid from Sunderland we were scoping out a season or two back?

O'Donavan i think it was....

He's just gone on loan to the Cumbrians for the rest of the season

We are in the brown and smelly stuff - not really a time to be gambling on untried players, I think. Could be worth keeping an eye on, I guess.

Some other suggestions:

Leon Clarke

Freddie Eastwood

Johnathan Forte

Nicky Maynard (my personal choice if available - not a first choice for Brizzle City at the moment; was fantastic on his day at this level and could link up well with Abbott).

Clarke im told by my Weds supporting mate is coming back from injury and is out of sorts

Eastwood is playing for Coventry and after Leon Best has been sold they are 1 striker down so he wont be going anywhere

Forte might not be a bad shout; but he's hardly prolific

Maynard we've no chance either; he's only out of the side due to Chris Iweluemo arriving on loan and is still in the match day squads

Have a feeling that if; and it's a big if, DP manages to bring anyone in - it'll be one of those underwheling moments; you know;

'oh we've signed <insert any journeyman forward> wow'.

quote name='BP1960' date='Mar 1 2010, 11:05 AM' post='366837']

Mid 20s, 6ft, averaged over 30 goals a season with Southport and Droylsden, around 20 this season so far.

Has a good first touch, nice turn of pace and a strong shot.

Probably a similar player to Luke Beckett when he was here and before his injury problems .

Edited by BP1960

Said to a number of people at the start of the season and in Jan that Jay Rodriguez at Burnley would be a good move imo. Just finished a loan spell at Barnsley and regained his fitness after injury earlier in the season.

Having seen him quite a number of times for the 1st team (goals against Fulham and Spurs in the carling cup last season) and the ressies he's a goalscorer- tall enough, burst of pace, good movement and most importantly a 'box' striker, someone who I think could potentially work well with Pav and indeed Price.

Young - yes, but experience at Championship level and showed in the cups/league run last season that he can already hold his own against prem defenders. Likely that Burnley will be looking to get him further experience over the last few months of the season.

Said to a number of people at the start of the season and in Jan that Jay Rodriguez at Burnley would be a good move imo. Just finished a loan spell at Barnsley and regained his fitness after injury earlier in the season.

Having seen him quite a number of times for the 1st team (goals against Fulham and Spurs in the carling cup last season) and the ressies he's a goalscorer- tall enough, burst of pace, good movement and most importantly a 'box' striker, someone who I think could potentially work well with Pav and indeed Price.

Young - yes, but experience at Championship level and showed in the cups/league run last season that he can already hold his own against prem defenders. Likely that Burnley will be looking to get him further experience over the last few months of the season.

I know nothing of the lad, but if he really is as good as you hope I see no harm in letting Alan Hardy know... he can pass it on to DP and he can do with at what he likes - but sometimes it takes someone speaking up to make people notice a player like this!

To be fair 1960, I think we could have anybody up front and they would not score with the service that they are being given.

Some other suggestions:

Leon Clarke

Freddie Eastwood

Johnathan Forte

no chance, all in the championship first teams and maynard is in the squads.

rodriguez is a nice idea but i doubt burnley would let him go but definately worth an enquiry.