Adults only

I am pleased to announce the setting up of a new Supporters association, due to begin operations from the middle of April. The Abu Dhabi Ultra Loyal Type Supporters (Oasis Not Located Yet) branch aims to spread Oldham culture to the Middle East, although preferably without getting arrested, deported or having any limbs cut off.

I am pleased to announce the setting up of a new Supporters association, due to begin operations from the middle of April. The Abu Dhabi Ultra Loyal Type Supporters (Oasis Not Located Yet) branch aims to spread Oldham culture to the Middle East, although preferably without getting arrested, deported or having any limbs cut off.

teamamerica200407191018.jpg

OLDHAM FK YEH!

Well done, mate. If you see an Israeli checking into a hotel under a British sounding name then run a mile and you'll be fine.

I tell you what, if any Mossad agent drugs and suffocates me he is going to get SOOOO many parking tickets it won't be true.

I tell you what, if any Mossad agent drugs and suffocates me he is going to get SOOOO many parking tickets it won't be true.

I can hear Hamas, in a bunker, planning their next move.

We''l bankrupt 'em with Parking tickets and Congestion Charge fines, that'll teach em.

They've just nicked a few Israeli cars as I write.

Well done big man! I'm sure we will have a few beers on saturday to celebrate!

Just a few mind.... nothing too excessive.

You are going to miss our late play off surge and subsequent promotion though - have you though this through?

How much is the megabus to Boundary Park from there?

Apparently for visa reasons you have to leave the country every month so I can actually get a flight back for a match each month, which trumps the OASIS limo. It would be a bit hairy getting the Megabus over Saudi, the consequences if they checked my Fanta are too serious to think about.

Apparently for visa reasons you have to leave the country every month so I can actually get a flight back for a match each month, which trumps the OASIS limo. It would be a bit hairy getting the Megabus over Saudi, the consequences if they checked my Fanta are too serious to think about.

I trust you to find ways around those prudish prohibitions. Indeed, I expect to watch the Newsnight report on the UAE going down with an alcohol problem before too long.

I trust you to find ways around those prudish prohibitions. Indeed, I expect to watch the Newsnight report on the UAE going down with an alcohol problem before too long.

Naturally I wouldn’t have applied before checking the booze situation. Basically you can be as drunk as a Lord in a hotel bar, but you just need to make sure you get into a taxi when you fall out of it. Walking down the road with your Johnson out, swigging from a bottle of Scotch and wearing a teeshirt making contentious comments about the Prophet Mohammed’s love life on the other hand is generally frowned upon. You can just go to Dubai for that sort of thing.

Good to know some nations at least have some uniformity to their drug policies. Do they let people wear skirts?

Congratulations on getting the job - what's it doing if you don't mind me asking? Better money over there I take it? You're not the only one on here Monday to Friday which suggests you're not the only one who needs a change! :wink:

Good to know some nations at least have some uniformity to their drug policies. Do they let people wear skirts?

Congratulations on getting the job - what's it doing if you don't mind me asking? Better money over there I take it? You're not the only one on here Monday to Friday which suggests you're not the only one who needs a change! :wink:

I’m a business analyst in traffic enforcement.

I count parking tickets.

I am getting a modest salary increase for the 6 months I am (initially anyway) due to be out there but that’s off the back of a really quite rubbish salary. The big financial result is that accommodation is provided and I can expense day to day things so should be able to bank the majority of my pay. If it ends up as a longer term thing then it goes tax free but not for now. I’ve been severely shafted by my current office (blocked from a secondment that would probably have led me onto much better things within the company, whilst the gross imbalance between my pay and role has been resolved by them pretending that I don’t do an important role, whilst still expecting me to do it) so I am to say the least a triffle smug.

good luck with the job ..For your information,

USE OF ALCOHOL IN ABU DHABI

Alcohol is only served in licensed outlets associated with hotels 4 or 5 stars (i.e. restaurants and bars) plus a few clubs (i.e. golf) and associations. Restaurants outside of hotels that are not part of one of the clubs or associations are not permitted to serve alcohol.

Permanent residents who are non-Muslim can obtain liquor supplies without difficulty under a permit system, which entitles you to buy from a special liquor shop (not the local supermarket). This permit allows you to spend a limited amount on alcohol per month; this amount is calculated based on your monthly salary. To apply, collect an application form from your local liquor store or the Police Headquarters, situated between Airport Road and Al Saada Street in Abu Dhabi. Company must sign and stamp the Arabic form, then submit it to the Police Headquarters along with: Essential documents, religion certificate. By law you should carry this liquor permit with you whenever you are transporting liquor or drinking alcohol at licensed premises.

Note - the authorities in Abu Dhabi have a strict anti-drink driving stance.

LIQUOR STORES

African & Eastern (N.E) Ltd. 02-6676041 / 02-6448685

Gray MacKenzie Liquor Shop 02-6765954 / 02-6123545

Spinneys Liquor 02-6812356 / 02-6271090

IMPORTANT - Do not carry liquor in public transportation (taxis, buses, etc.) If consuming liquor in public carry your liquor license.

I’m a business analyst in traffic enforcement.

I count parking tickets.

I am getting a modest salary increase for the 6 months I am (initially anyway) due to be out there but that’s off the back of a really quite rubbish salary. The big financial result is that accommodation is provided and I can expense day to day things so should be able to bank the majority of my pay. If it ends up as a longer term thing then it goes tax free but not for now. I’ve been severely shafted by my current office (blocked from a secondment that would probably have led me onto much better things within the company, whilst the gross imbalance between my pay and role has been resolved by them pretending that I don’t do an important role, whilst still expecting me to do it) so I am to say the least a triffle smug.

Considering the average Abu Dhabi citizen is worth about £10M I suggest you take your abacus. Though if I were you I'd be devoting my time out there to finding a perverted Arabian wife.

I can certainly relate to being grossly underpaid; I'm a QS, apparently, though I'm paid less than our Polish labourers. No :censored:. :lol:

Thanks for the good wishes everyone!

Best of luck LL.

My dad worked in Saudia Arabia for 7 years, and I have been there, albiet quite a few years ago.

My uncle worked in Oman.

My wife used to manage the ex pats for a large airport operator that had an international division so we know quite a few ex-pats.

Anything you need to know just drop me a line.

Are you planning on going out on the lash over there mr ll... or is that the country where they lash you for going on the lash..confusing eh

:grin: :grin: :grin:

Ive recently returned from Abu Dhabi after being out there for 3 weeks work. If you're not already familiar I recommend Heroes bar in the Crowne Plaza for watching sporting events. Local TV has plenty of English football, but concentrates on the Premier Greed.

If you need any other info I'd be glad to help.