Marks Out Of Ten?

abbott. maybe furman, jacobson, brill has improved but apart from that, no

I suspect there'll be lots about a low budget but it truly is a dreadful transfer record. He's signed how many? No outright successes and less than a handful of marginally OKers.

abbott. maybe furman, jacobson, brill has improved but apart from that, no

What worries me, is that we can't even seem to capitalise on the 'new signing' effect, where said debutant usually scores.

And now we have to rely on an aging defender to stick it in the net.

I believe Brill looks to be turning out to be a decent keeper at this level, Pavs not been too bad, Holdsworth looked ok until his injury, as did Worthington - Furman, whilst not really settled yet in his performances, does look to have potential and can certainly improve, Colbeck has certainly had his knockers, yet looks to be our only natural wide option at the moment, Stephens (whilst not a DP signing) has been given a chance and looks like he could develop into a very good footballer at this level and maybe above. Parker - Pah!!

Gregan - enough said.

Forgot about JJ - I like him - he's looking more solid each game.

Purdie - Dunno.

There's been many worse players to step on the hallowed BP turf than that lot mentioned above - and there has certainly been better - however they are our players and hopefully going to get us out of this mess - so instead of booing, slagging and whinging, let's get behind them over the next couple of months - they're certainly going to need it.

Reason for edit; Forgot about a couple!!

Edited by futchers briefs

I quite like the look of Jacobson as well to be honest. Purdie may have been a good signing as well but he's been really unlucky with injuries.

Forgot about Jacobson I agree. Shame he's been out injured a lot.. but then if he didn't have that injury record he probably wouldnt be here.

Colbeck may be our natural wide option doesnt mean hes good enough for this league.

Parker baffles me obviously has something about him to score a goal like he did against MK Dons, but my days the majority of the season wtf??

Gregan-Player of the season.

I suspect there'll be lots about a low budget but it truly is a dreadful transfer record. He's signed how many? No outright successes and less than a handful of marginally OKers.

Worthington, Holdsworth, Purdie...were gunna be important players this season. I'm not convinced by Furman at all. A poor Mark Allott...sideways, sideways...breaks up play...sideways again. Last Sat he did finally break free of his centre-circle leash and had a one-two and shot. That's what the lad needs to do.

Jacobson's a bit hit and miss. But rather have him than the revolving LB door we had under Shez. :censored: and Abbott...great captures, sadly :censored:'s upset Penney to the extent that no kissing and making up has gone on. A big down-point I have on Penney over this but he's the gaffer.

Others...Parker, gash. Colbeck, shaky start but improved. Brill, gash. Goodwin, useful. Price, hit and miss...hoping there's more to come. I personally think our biggest problem is persisting with Furman and not having :censored: in the middle. The two together, maybe, but then you have to leave Stephens out. Although, Stephens has been a little quiet since he won player of the month. Not criticising him, he's a kid and has time to come through but that middle two needs sorting out.

Signings-wise...I think the word "dreadful" is extremely unfair. Could do better maybe but so could've TTA with last summers budget...you get what you pay for...I still think we need to get to May to see a true reflection.

Edited by boundaryblue80

I believe Brill looks to be turning out to be a decent keeper at this level,

Oh my!

Forgetting the calamity vs Walsall that nearly cost us. The coming for a ball that was never his and would've saved had he stayed back at Colchester. Or the arseing about in the 1st half vs Norwich. Many, many others. A liability...comes up with the odd rare save but generally :censored:s me up more than most keepers we've ever had. Rivals Day in terms of how bad.

Opinions eh!

PS Before anyone wants to bring up the saved penalty today...good on him...doesn't mean much though, I can't imagine there's a keeper out there with a 100% failure rate at saving pens (his first in a few against us.) Plus, a poster that's been there today says it hit him, over saving it. He's still a bad keeper IMO.

Edited by boundaryblue80

Oh my!

Forgetting the calamity vs Walsall that nearly cost us. Or the arseing about in the 1st half vs Norwich. A liability...comes up with the odd rare save but generally :censored:s me up more than most keepers we've ever had. Rivals Day in terms of how bad.

Opinions eh!

PS Before anyone wants to bring up the saved penalty today...good on him...doesn't mean much though, I can't imagine there's a keeper out there with a 100% failure rate at saving pens (his first in a few against us.) Plus, a poster that's been there today says it hit him, over saving it. He's still a bad keeper IMO.

I know :lol:

And I was in agreement with most of the other stuff you posted - We can't be having it 100% though mate :wink:

Oh my!

Forgetting the calamity vs Walsall that nearly cost us. The coming for a ball that was never his and would've saved had he stayed back at Colchester. Or the arseing about in the 1st half vs Norwich. Many, many others. A liability...comes up with the odd rare save but generally :censored:s me up more than most keepers we've ever had. Rivals Day in terms of how bad.

Opinions eh!

best keeper ever at BP. thing is, he likes oldham so wants to stay and he makes the odd mistakes so other clubs wont come in for him

Oh my!

Opinions eh!

So a keeper who has kept about 10 clean sheets this season is bad. One of the keepers in the league who was played in a lot of games and conceded one of the least amounts. Yes, i agree, very bad keeper! Hes only about 24, in terms of goalkeeping, he is still very much developing, if you look at the best goalkeepers around, they didnt become very good until about 26 but still have at least 10 seasons remaining in them