Apology please Mr Penney - read before you condemn me

Anyone who was seated would have seen this - cannot see it mentioned. The team and Mr Penney took a fair amount of stick from some fans who were booing and shouting as they went back in at full time. I was not one of them, but equally could not applaud them either, as I thought it was a very lacklustre half hearted performance from the Latics, and thought we were lucky to get the point. The apology from Mr Penney is for this : if I had been the manager of that bunch of players, I would have put my head down as I went past the fans. Mr Penney, though, chose to get level with us, then he smirked at the stand of us. My husband had to physically hold me back, as I was itching to follow him down the tunnel and give him a piece of my mind - how utterly despicable for all the travelling fans - he should hang his head in shame, as he obviously has no respect for any of us - leave now and lets have someone who can inject some passion, and someone who has some interest in what happens to the club.

And while I am at it, what a dump of a ground - no light in the toilets - Latics Lady not a happy bunny, and made my feelings clear to a steward.

By the way, well done to the 393 who went.

:ranting:

Anyone who was seated would have seen this - cannot see it mentioned. The team and Mr Penney took a fair amount of stick from some fans who were booing and shouting as they went back in at full time. I was not one of them, but equally could not applaud them either, as I thought it was a very lacklustre half hearted performance from the Latics, and thought we were lucky to get the point. The apology from Mr Penney is for this : if I had been the manager of that bunch of players, I would have put my head down as I went past the fans. Mr Penney, though, chose to get level with us, then he smirked at the stand of us. My husband had to physically hold me back, as I was itching to follow him down the tunnel and give him a piece of my mind - how utterly despicable for all the travelling fans - he should hang his head in shame, as he obviously has no respect for any of us - leave now and lets have someone who can inject some passion, and someone who has some interest in what happens to the club.

And while I am at it, what a dump of a ground - no light in the toilets - Latics Lady not a happy bunny, and made my feelings clear to a steward.

By the way, well done to the 393 who went.

your comments about mr bad penney are exactly what i think about the man he dos'nt give a dam because he knows that if he gets the push he will be at least £160,000 better off for doing what a non league manager would have done for a lot less thats the only interest he has got along with his backroom staff

I think he thought that the draw we had just scraped was a good enough reason for him to cup his ear to the away fans in the seats at the end of the game. What a pleb, i wouldnt expect that from a manager who had just won but to start cupping your ear thinking you are the dogs boll8cks and have just got one up on the boo boys after that shower just goes to show the ambitions of the manager we have.

Worrying. Can anyone else confirm these things happened? Not that I doubt Latics Lady or NIKI as I'm sure they've both been on the pro side up until now

It happened, I was not in the seats and i saw it! He is a clown, i wouldnt expect it from a player but the manager FFS.

I think he thought that the draw we had just scraped was a good enough reason for him to cup his ear to the away fans in the seats at the end of the game. What a pleb, i wouldnt expect that from a manager who had just won but to start cupping your ear thinking you are the dogs boll8cks and have just got one up on the boo boys after that shower just goes to show the ambitions of the manager we have.

just goes to show that he really dos'nt give af**k what we as fans think and there are people out there thing giving this piece of :censored: till the end of season is going to work how f*****g pathetic are they totally devoid of gray matter

just goes to show that he really dos'nt give af**k what we as fans think and there are people out there thing giving this piece of :censored: till the end of season is going to work how f*****g pathetic are they totally devoid of gray matter

well i beg to differ but i want at least two more seasons before in my opinion it needs changing round ...to many managers to many player turnarounds and more to the point to many impatient blinking fans.....every blinking manager we appoint seems to get the bullet by impatient fans...this club needs stability not another blinking merry go round...sorry for the bad language

PENNY IN FOR ME

well i beg to differ but i want at least two more seasons before in my opinion it needs changing round ...to many managers to many player turnarounds and more to the point to many impatient blinking fans.....every blinking manager we appoint seems to get the bullet by impatient fans...this club needs stability not another blinking merry go round...sorry for the bad language

PENNY IN FOR ME

christ we'll be in the blue square league then.

PENNY IN FOR ME

this is a typical reply from the idiots who think that the pillock which is mr bad penney can actually get us out of the position he has put us in ? wake up take the rose coloured glasses off and look at reality you do not live in disneyworld :ranting:

this is a typical reply from the idiots who think that the pillock which is mr bad penney can actually get us out of the position he has put us in ? wake up take the rose coloured glasses off and look at reality you do not live in disneyworld :ranting:

The poster has a difference of opinion to yourself so therefore he is an idiot? :unsure:

And the difference of opinion makes you angry? :unsure:

The performances and position of our club, yes - but somebody elses opinion?

I think many are frustrated and if he 'cupped his ear in a sarcastic fashion - he is also feeling frustrated - yet not the thing to do i guess.

Regardless of how bad we seem at the minute though - i really don't think continually changing managers is going to be the way forward - though i'm sure the next 4/5 games may dictate differently.

it isn't the players that are the problem - looking at our squad hand on heart, we have a decent squad capable of a 10-14th finish.

It is how they are, or in our case aren't performing. Our wingers are giving us nothing and our centre midfielders don't attack, therein lies our problem.

Anyone with Abbott/Nardiello up top would think that is a decent strike force for this league, which it is. The service they have had has been nigh on pathetic.

If the wingers were doing their jobs and getting in behind teams and putting crosses in then the likes of parker would know that if they are in the box, something will drop for them from the cross, no need to come out wide etc.

We have no CM capable of breaking forward and putting passes through and running beyond the strikers.

It is so simple to see that no matter who we have/bring in up top, if the supply line ie the midfield isnt functioning then nothing will happen on the goal front and so it is proving.

An attacking midfielder was required and hasnt been brought it. We may in actual fact have one in kieran lee were he to be given the chance and penney saying, 'right you're a centre midfielder, go out there and play it', none of this rb/rw :censored:e, give him a position and stick to it - but we will never seemingly know this based on a lack of 10-12 games as the AM.

I believe coaching badges cloud the common sense judgement of managers 10 fold. If Penney cannot see that it is the midfield that needs changing or cant simply tell one of furman and stephens that one is the defensive one and the other attacks box to box, then this just confirms that he has to go.

1 shot in an entire game for a professional football team is just about as low as it gets and we seemingly now have a manager who has gone even lower than that with his disgusting (if true) behaviour - he should be sacked on that alone never mind his woeful attempts at management.

Time for Dave 'I need a million pound for transfer fees at any club I go to to hide my in-actual-fact amatuer coaching skills' Penney to get his coat and switch the light off on his way out.

BYE DAVE - JOHN COLEMAN IN!!

Edited by shefflatic

The poster has a difference of opinion to yourself so therefore he is an idiot? :unsure:

And the difference of opinion makes you angry? :unsure:

The performances and position of our club, yes - but somebody elses opinion?

I think many are frustrated and if he 'cupped his ear in a sarcastic fashion - he is also feeling frustrated - yet not the thing to do i guess.

Regardless of how bad we seem at the minute though - i really don't think continually changing managers is going to be the way forward - though i'm sure the next 4/5 games may dictate differently.

if you are willing to wait for the next 4/5 games to if there is any difference in the way we play then you are totally dissolutioned because unless it has passed you by mr bad penney can only play one way and that way is crap :ranting: no tactics whatsoever apart from lets give the other team the major possession of the ball then lets chase the game :ranting:

it isn't the players that are the problem - looking at our squad hand on heart, we have a decent squad capable of a 10-14th finish.

It is how the are, or in our case aren't performing. Our wingers are giving us nothing and our centre midfielders don't attack, therein lies our problem.

Anyone with Abbott/Nardiello up top would think that is a decent strike force for this league, which it is. The service they have had has been nigh on pathetic.

Ha, I read up to here and stopped because it got so ridiculous. So DP has, apparently, assembled a side that is capable of a 10-14 finish and the players aren't performing...and that's his fault. He's brought the players together and if, as you point out, our wingers are giving us nothing, then I'd say that's a reflection on how crap Taylor and Smalley have been this year...if they don't pull their fingers out it's largely their responsibility. There's no way DP is telling them to play as they are doing.

As for the last part, 'the service they have had has been nigh on pathetic'...they've played 83 minutes together! And a decent strike force...yes, and who's brought them in?!

In my opinion the man best fit for getting this side out of trouble is the bloke who signed them.

Oh, and to the OP...I don't think it's a case of DP having no respect for all the fans, but those who heckled and booed him. I'm not a fan of those who do so though I understand why they are doing it (not that I agree)...I can understand why DP has little time for them too. Don't take it too personally.

Edited by jsslatic

if you are willing to wait for the next 4/5 games to if there is any difference in the way we play then you are totally dissolutioned because unless it has passed you by mr bad penney can only play one way and that way is crap :ranting: no tactics whatsoever apart from lets give the other team the major possession of the ball then lets chase the game :ranting:

I have no doubt that the next 4/5 games will not see us scoring 3 goals a game - as for 'no tactics whatsoever and giving other teams major possession - you're way off the mark there.

Our weakness' this season are well highlighted - a lack of attacking players - a lack of form and fitness from our 'better' players and no goals from Mr Hughes!!

The team play a very tight, hard working game (generally!!) yet lack much creativity all over the park - particularly wide and midfield in general - I am sure he is trying to address that balance, because it doesn't need a few hundred so called 'experts' like all of us on here to tell him this.

Why it hasn't/isn't working, only him, the purse string holders and the coaching staff may know - but if you think that some 'messiah' can come in for DP next week or the week after and turn this squad into a 'rampant, free flowing attacking side - you're wrong!

I still believe - no disney, no rose glasses etc - that we'll be ok.

Ha, I read up to here and stopped because it got so ridiculous. So DP has, apparently, assembled a side that is capable of a 10-14 finish and the players aren't performing...and that's his fault. He's brought the players together and if, as you point out, our wingers are giving us nothing, then I'd say that's a reflection on how crap Taylor and Smalley have been this year...if they don't pull their fingers out it's largely their responsibility. There's no way DP is telling them to play as they are doing.

As for the last part, 'the service they have had has been nigh on pathetic'...they've played 83 minutes together! And a decent strike force...yes, and who's brought them in?!

In my opinion the man best fit for getting this side out of trouble is the bloke who signed them.

Oh, and to the OP...I don't think it's a case of DP having no respect for all the fans, but those who heckled and booed him. I'm not a fan of those who do so though I understand why they are doing it (not that I agree)...I can understand why DP has little time for them too. Don't take it too personally.

First bold:

Well, corney aint gonna sack 11 players, ultimately it is the manager who pays the price for underperformance, just like in any other business.

You have to ask yourself why they aren't performing - i am sure they want to play better, but i would think the aura/tactics/passion/general motivation that comes from a respected manager does have an impact on player performance, you're not telling me that smalley and taylor's poor seasons have been due to them alone, there is such a thing as trickle-down effect - if the manager is positive and has belief and ambition, so do players - we and penney aint.

Second bold:

if the midfield were doing their respective jobs they would have chances created, yes they have to form an understanding, but the idea is that chances for strikers are created by the midfield, not simply two striker partners having to do it all together.

I have no doubt that the next 4/5 games will not see us scoring 3 goals a game - as for 'no tactics whatsoever and giving other teams major possession - you're way off the mark there.

Our weakness' this season are well highlighted - a lack of attacking players - a lack of form and fitness from our 'better' players and no goals from Mr Hughes!!

The team play a very tight, hard working game (generally!!) yet lack much creativity all over the park - particularly wide and midfield in general - I am sure he is trying to address that balance, because it doesn't need a few hundred so called 'experts' like all of us on here to tell him this.

Why it hasn't/isn't working, only him, the purse string holders and the coaching staff may know - but if you think that some 'messiah' can come in for DP next week or the week after and turn this squad into a 'rampant, free flowing attacking side - you're wrong!

I still believe - no disney, no rose glasses etc - that we'll be ok.

you've said it all "a lack of attacking players ,lack much creativity in midfield and wide possitions "who's f*****g fault is that probably ours for being tics fans and wanting to see goals the only way out is for mr bad penney to take the next exit gate he comes to :ranting:

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/NewsU...1987794,00.html

I think Penney is trying to tell the fans something back at the bottom of this peice were he says the home fans in our away games get behind they're team.

How about Penney sets his side out then to take the game to the opposition from the off? Or will we as seems to now be the norm at home have the opposition play the first 20 minutes of the game in our half. It gets fairly frustrating for fans cheering a side on when we're constantly defending straight from kick off even against fellow :censored: and like many home games unlikely to see a shot until way past the 30th minute.

The guy just grates on me in general. Fair play he is ever the optimist and does well looking for the positives in every situation... but on his latest interview when he states that recent home performances have been positive and quotes Millwall, Norwich etc games were we pick up no points....I fail to see the positives in any loss...

The guy just grates on me in general. Fair play he is ever the optimist and does well looking for the positives in every situation... but on his latest interview when he states that recent home performances have been positive and quotes Millwall, Norwich etc games were we pick up no points....I fail to see the positives in any loss...

trouble is he is now starting to sound like shez did..

fans need to do there bit get off there backs etc etc etc

these next few games are important and if you dont score you dont win..etc etc etc

then doesnt change tactics or anything,is devoid of answers as to how to actually attack from the off and cant change it if we go one down,takes wrong players off and just swaps like for like....

its all very similar to previous seasons,and we know where that went.

trouble is he is now starting to sound like shez did..

fans need to do there bit get off there backs etc etc etc

these next few games are important and if you dont score you dont win..etc etc etc

Unforgivable, particularly from the depths of the top third of the table.

its all very similar to previous seasons

Talbot's? :unsure: