Dale Stephens

One of the few good points from this season.

Makes me wonder why he's took so long to get a chance. Good at set pieces, comfortable on the ball, and looks capable of chipping in with a few goals. Incidentally where was Furman tonight?

Edited by Butter

Makes me wonder why he's got so long to get a chance. Good at set pieces, comfortable on the ball, and looks capable of chipping in with a few. Incidentally where was Furman tonight?

knock from exeter

his contract isnt up till end of next season and his agent is david eyres. even though eyresy does have links in scotland now hes an agent cant see him screwing us over

Couldn't give a monkeys who his agent is- we need to get him signed up before Jan otherwise I think he can walk to any club for a free (not necessarily those abroad).

Makes me wonder why he's took so long to get a chance. Good at set pieces, comfortable on the ball, and looks capable of chipping in with a few goals. Incidentally where was Furman tonight?

Now there's a good question - he came to us as a young lad with bags of potential - was loaned out to Rochdale where he didn't catch the first eleven - came back and was pushed into the team due to injuries - the rest is history.

DP has not had much luck this season - this time he did.

Edited by TheBigDog

It’s easy to sometimes get giddy and carried away when a young lad breaks into the first X1 and does comparatively well. Dale shows a lot of promise; I think he has some characteristics that for me set him apart from the list of other young lads who’ve come in and are immediately heralded as the ‘next best thing’ only to fall well short of early promise.

For me; these are his strengths & weaknesses:

Dale’s Pro’s:

He is extremely composed and assured on the ball

He looks to have decent footballing brain

Physically he is build for life in the centre of the park

He has a very good set-piece delivery

He is learning; and fast

Dale’s Cons:

He is still raw – linked to one of the above points; he is learning – but he is young and inexperienced at present

He has a tendency to look a touch 1 paced for me

He needs to learn when to sit and when to go – too many times he is doing the same as his CM partner; that could be from his manager; but I feel it is Dale’s lack of experience

For his height; he doesn’t win enough aerial battles at present

He’s done really well all things considered. I don’t think for one minute that he was in DP’s plans for this season; but he has been the 1 beneficiary of the injury jinx and he’s grasped his opportunity with both hands. For me; the club should start to look into extending his contract – but if as has been said it still has a year to run then there is now immediate rush in that case. Has his place on merit at present and I hope he keeps hold of it through to the end of this season to continue his development.

Makes me wonder why he's took so long to get a chance.

He wasn't physical enough to play centre-mid.

Still isn't quite there but is creeping closer.

Edited by JohnnyPimp