Heartfelt apologies to the sound bloke that Dave Penney obviously is but this is serious. Oh dear. It really has come to this. I can't bare the thought of the 4th division. Something drastic has to be done. Here's how drastic!

He might be horrible but he's on the dole. He'd rule the dressing room with a rod of iron and he's scared of no-one. The football would 'direct' but it's what we need. If there is one person available who would make sure we're still in the 3rd division next season it's him. Give Megson a short term contract, with as big a bonus as TTA can afford, to keep us up. At the end of the season we can then go from Mr Nasty to Mr Nice (AR - who else?).

Heartfelt apologies to the sound bloke that Dave Penney obviously is but this is serious. Oh dear. It really has come to this. I can't bare the thought of the 4th division. Something drastic has to be done. Here's how drastic!

He might be horrible but he's on the dole. He'd rule the dressing room with a rod of iron and he's scared of no-one. The football would 'direct' but it's what we need. If there is one person available who would make sure we're still in the 3rd division next season it's him. Give Megson a short term contract, with as big a bonus as TTA can afford, to keep us up. At the end of the season we can then go from Mr Nasty to Mr Nice (AR - who else?).

yaaaaawn.

we won tonight by the way

Bad timing- can't see many people agreeing with firing Penney and bringing in Megson when we have by the stats slaughtered a team gone clear of the relegation zone, still with games in hand, and with the possibility of finding ourselves in the top half if we win our games in hand. I'm unsure why people can think Megson is horrible- Bolton were in trouble when he came in and got them to safety but has struggled since- probably because Bolton were competing on a relatively small budget- and Bolton are a Premiership team.

However, I seriously doubt Megson will be coming anywhere near us- he can do a lot better and if he were to come anywhere near us it wouldn't be for a short term contract.

Megson is a poor man's Dave Penney.

I live next to the Reebok, and you think Latics fans are critical of DP?! Man alive, Meggo X is the devil to my mates.

Remember us tonking Forest 3-0 and all 4 sides of the ground chanting Megson Out?

This is one of the worst ideas anyone's ever had.

I live next to the Reebok, and you think Latics fans are critical of DP?! Man alive, Meggo X is the devil to my mates.

Remember us tonking Forest 3-0 and all 4 sides of the ground chanting Megson Out?

I remember us tonking Hudds and all the ground saying Bruce out- whatever happened to him- oh right he's been headhunted twice in the last 20 months by Premiership clubs

I remember us tonking Hudds and all the ground saying Bruce out- whatever happened to him- oh right he's been headhunted twice in the last 20 months by Premiership clubs

And I remember Neil Warnock being slated 5x Deave Penney was.

Did Warnock make something of himself in the end?

I remember singing, "One Gary Megson," at Forest in anticipation of him doing another fine job having just been appointed at Bolton :grin:

However, I seriously doubt Megson will be coming anywhere near us- he can do a lot better

I think his record and ability suggests he can, and deserves to. However his reputation as being unliked by fans etc is going to count heavily against him. It would be a brave Board that apponted him to any club now of Championship or above now. I'm afraid that he's unlikely to get a good job for a very long time.