Good comeback, that's the spirit we need - Wycombe post game thread

Disappointing result against another poor side, we really should put teams like those away.

It must be clear to penney now that both parker and smalley are not going to get us the goals we need.Striker needed desperately!

IMO it's getting to the point now where it's almost too late to dismiss the manager.It should have been done before now if he was to go.

I'm not a penney fan by any means, but the constant chanting for his head during the game doesn't help the team one bit.Wait till the full time whistle if you want to vent your anger.

What bollocks. The performances have been utter crap all season, with the very odd exception, and I for one am sick of it. A lack of talent I'll put up with, but the complete reversal today from the decent performance on Tueday night I won't. Penney needs pressure and he bloody well got it today. And not before time. His hands-in-pockets, shoulder shrugging, ear cupping demeanor, added to the way he's got my team playing (or not) is unnaceptable. Just as players under-performing should get pelters then so should the manager.

As for chanting for his head during the game, if you don't like it, why not get together with all the other happy-clapping bleaters and make a counter protest??? No, didn't think so. You're much too content to sit on your hands, barely raising a murmour, meekly accepting mediocrity and sub-par performances like the rest of the crowd.

If wasn't for those who were calling for his head. The game would be played in complete silence.

Edited by Snookmeister

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What bollocks. The performances have been utter crap all season, with the very odd exception, and I for one am sick of it. A lack of talent I'll put up with, but the complete reversal today from the decent performance on Tueday night I won't. Penney needs pressure and he bloody well got it today. And not before time. His hands-in-pockets, shoulder shrugging, ear cupping demeanor, added to the way he's got my team playing (or not) is unnaceptable. Just as players under-performing should get pelters then so should the manager.

As for chanting for his head during the game, if you don't like it, why not get together with all the other happy-clapping bleaters and make a counter protest??? No didn't think so. You're much too content to sit on your hands, barely raising a murmour, meekly accepting mediocrity and sub-par performances like the rest of the crowd.

If wasn't for those who were calling for his head. The game would be played in complete silence.

I think we've gotta boo boy in our ranks here :blush:

As for chanting for his head during the game, if you don't like it, why not get together with all the other happy-clapping bleaters and make a counter protest??? No didn't think so. You're much too content to sit on your hands, barely raising a murmour, meekly accepting mediocrity and sub-par performances like the rest of the crowd.

We played exactly the same as Tuesday the problem was the opposition. 1st half we played some neat passes Taylor and Smally got in the game and we had some vague threat about us but We don't have a 2nd gear pressure us harry us and we resort to aimless long ball rubbish like today in the 2nd half. We lost our shape totally at times. Wycombe came out to have a go 2nd half the pen obviously giving them a lift and we couldn't do anything about it we are truly woeful. We got lucky with the pen - it was pinball for a minute before hand and we are lucky to get a draw. We have to keep scrapping away but this is going to be close

Wycombe fans made a fair bit of noise i thought

Not the win we wanted, but we must have showed character to come back and equalise late on. That's the "never give up" mentality you need in a relegation scrap. Now we need to build on this, Penney needs to rally the troops and get the correct result against Stockport and Brighton.

OH WHEN THE BLUES!

Deluded

I think it was a case of you had to give both or none in order to be consistent. I didn't see either properly but from what I seen of theirs it looked blatant, you raise your hands in the pen area and the ball hits it your asking for trouble.

Their penalty was blatant, not sure how there were any arguments. Ours was very generous, he was just waiting to even it up in my opinion. The ball was hammered at the player from about a yard away, never a penalty

What I said about "people meekly accepting mediocrity"........it beggars belief doesn't it??.....

I really cant be arsed going into the post match witch hunt but we were fookin poor and anyone trying to take positives out of that doesnt deserve a club to support....................

I'm not a penney fan by any means, but the constant chanting for his head during the game doesn't help the team one bit.Wait till the full time whistle if you want to vent your anger.

I think this happened did it not?

I left the ground via the main stand paddock exit near to the rre then preceded to the carpark, but am sure I heard a penney out chant on sheepfoot lane???

We played exactly the same as Tuesday the problem was the opposition. 1st half we played some neat passes Taylor and Smally got in the game and we had some vague threat about us but We don't have a 2nd gear pressure us harry us and we resort to aimless long ball rubbish like today in the 2nd half. We lost our shape totally at times. Wycombe came out to have a go 2nd half the pen obviously giving them a lift and we couldn't do anything about it we are truly woeful. We got lucky with the pen - it was pinball for a minute before hand and we are lucky to get a draw. We have to keep scrapping away but this is going to be close

Wycombe fans made a fair bit of noise i thought

The Wycombe fans were superb all game. Hats off.

As for chanting for his head during the game, if you don't like it, why not get together with all the other happy-clapping bleaters and make a counter protest??? No didn't think so. You're much too content to sit on your hands, barely raising a murmour, meekly accepting mediocrity and sub-par performances like the rest of the crowd.If wasn't for those who were calling for his head. The game would be played in complete silence.

Woah tiger! If you'd bother to read some of my previous posts you'd see i'm far from happy with penney and a 'happy clapper'.....that's amusing.

And you know how i react during the game do you? NO didn't think so, if you're going to have a go get your facts right!!

I actually agree with your opinions of the team but can't see the positives of negative chants during the game.

And for anyone thats interested, after todays game our average home attendance this season is 4848, just under 800 down on last years 5647, and we still have 6 games to go yet against southern opposition not likely to bring more than 200 (with the exception of charlton)

Never wanted Penney out but i cant argue against him going.

A manager who can't get a team playing together after 10 months would question even his own ability.

Starting Parker sends out a great message to the squad, knuckle down, work hard and you too could sit on the bench while that lazy c**t strolls around the field to collect his wage..... daylight robbery! I don't see how Ricketts got worse treatment than this peice of s**t. I'd say Ricketts didn't deserve it, Parker deserves it and then some.

Edited by cmr

And for anyone thats interested, after todays game our average home attendance this season is 4847, a full 800 down on last years 5647

so will he go the same way as moore in pre-season ( i can only imagine it getting worse)

or do we wait to see what happens...if we DONT WIN at stockport, that will be the absolute final straw for me

Never wanted Penney out but i cant argue against him going.

A manager who can't get a team playing together after 10 months would question even his own ability.

Starting Parker sends out a great message to the squad, knuckle down, work hard and you too could sit on the bench while that lazy c**t strolls around the field to collect his wage..... daylight robbery! I don't see how Ricketts got worse treatment than this peice of s**t. I'd say Ricketts didn't deserve it, Parker deserves it and then some.

He's useless. He knows it as well.

why didn't we?

because Penney told them 2 banks of 4 and sit.....inviting THEM ON TO US!

Did he? What exactly did he shout and when?

I was sat behind Waddock, and could hear most of what the home dugout were shouting, but didnt hear anything from Penney after our pen.

Heard the constant shouts of "tempo up" from Penney

Not the win we wanted, but we must have showed character to come back and equalise late on. That's the "never give up" mentality you need in a relegation scrap. Now we need to build on this, Penney needs to rally the troops and get the correct result against Stockport and Brighton.

OH WHEN THE BLUES!

never give up attitude? what a load of tosh. we looked absolutely clueless in the 2nd half and a penalty was always going to be the only way of us getting an equaliser.

we should of had a penalty in the 1st half for a blatant push. Taylor ran rings in the 1st half. Didnt want to know after he ran into the metal barriers in the RRE and did his knee a bit of damage. Played well in the 1st half and in all honesty should of been out of sight. That 2nd goal is crucial, it didnt come. They got a penalty which was definately a pen and we went back to typical Penney ways.

God knows what he said at half time but there wasnt many players who seemed too motivated.

Up against a really poor side who started to take the piss a bit once they'd got their 2nd. Terrible goalkeeping from Brill. Absolutely awful goal to concede.

Fair play to the wycombe fans. Only about two hundred of them, but made a racket.

GET OUT OF OUR CLUB................

Did he? What exactly did he shout and when?

I was sat behind Waddock, and could hear most of what the home dugout were shouting, but didnt hear anything from Penney after our pen.

Heard the constant shouts of "tempo up" from Penney

he clearly told Chris Taylor and signaled it for them to banks of 4 and to put the word out...even eaves dropped leaving pav alone if we broke

so negative

generally all i hear him shout is pass over and over again...makes you wonder what he has them doing in training if he has to remind them what to do with the ball every 5 mins

Yep, Brill was back to his brilliant best for their second goal, scored by former Latics loanee Kevin Betsy.

For him to pick the ball up and run that distance with it and then score with a weak shot from range absolutely sums up the afternoon from a Latics point of view.

I remember Betsy well from his loan spell here, he was f :censored: g dire and still is.