Good comeback, that's the spirit we need - Wycombe post game thread

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back, and I get the feeling us mods are in for a busy night.

We got out of jail today. They were probably on par with us to be fair but battled alot harder, and I think they will be the more disappointed not to come away with the three points.

Re their pen, blatant penalty imo - but then again same thing happened when we were attacking a minute later and he didnt give it.

As for the penney out chants? If we have any funds available would much rather spend them on bringing in a striker rather than dismissing the manager, but I think the fans made their feelings very very clear re Penney today, especially in RRE and main stand - and this was at 2-2.

That is why we are where we are in the league. Complete lack of quality when we're on a par with teams like Wycombe and Exeter. But to be outbattled is absolutely disgraceful.

Oh its bad how far we have sunk and how quickly we have.

i wouldnt put 100% of the blame on dean brill where was the midfield and defence closing down? too :ranting: lazy to track back saying that db should have saved it but the shot shouldnt have come in anyway

jacobson should have come accross and taken it before betsy even got there.

jacobson should have come accross and taken it before betsy even got there.

Regardless, it was a routine stop. Didn't even think he needed to dive! But he somewhow contrived to let it slip through/help it on it's way into the net. I was speechless.

And that doesn't happen to me very often.....

Regardless, it was a routine stop. Didn't even think he needed to dive! But he somewhow contrived to let it slip through/help it on it's way into the net. I was speechless.

And that doesn't happen to me very often.....

wanna watch it again was there a bobble or a deflection or anythin i didnt see one at the time ! just dived late i thought not gonna slate brill as he has drastically improved

parker i agree on!! brill not so sure! i would start with a team of

brill

lee

jj

gregan

rubes

smalley

stephens

:censored:

taylor

pav

loanee or eaves

You will probably see Furman rather than :censored: - who now seems totally out of favour.

been supporting the team since 1960 so do not take the piss :censored: and when i want to make my point i will ok and nobody will try to make me feel bad about it ! :ranting:

George McVitie, now there was a proper winger. :)

On the contrary, I remember him here very well and it was a brief stay, due as I said to him being a poor player, he has played for nearly every lower league club around, either permanent or on loan and nobody has thought him good enough to keep.

Pretty sure he spent 2 years with us. Betsy is an average player at this level, not worth the abuse he recieved here, but then again our fans booed Eardley every game so it's not all that surprising they misjudged another.

About his only contribution to the whole game.

P.S - Cheers for clearing it up.

Apologies if this has already been posted, their pen was for a handball which was cast iron, however shouldn't have got to that stage as their player should have been done for dangerous play for volleying the ball about 6 foot in the air next to Hazell's head stopping him going for the ball. That is what the players were moaning about. Ours was also very lucky to be given - the ref evening things up me thinks

And could David Shaw move, it's remembering players like those which makes the present lot so poor by comparison.

that was a team that played every game like it meant everything for them, passion comradeship and willing to give everything for 90 mins. these things are missing now

penney out

5 months on nothings changed

same old crap

doesnt take a genius to see it

we'll stay up, only thing is we need him out before next year

Spot on with that. Yes I think we will stay up only due to some of the :censored: in this league but I don't want to see another season of this. The guy is clueless makes pointless substitutions, plays countless players out of position and continues to play uninspiring football bar a few performances and he seems quite happy with the way things are going.

How many loanees have we had who are suppose to have been our answer to the goal scoring problem? I make it 4 now this season and i think they have managed 3 goals between them. As most people can see the problem for most of the season has been our failure to create chances but its always a striker who is brought in. how about a winger who can beat a man and put a half decent cross in Mr Penney? Taylor no longer wants to know since he won't pass a medical for a move out of the club, Smalley has been poor but the lad is being played up front half of the time when he is clearly not one and Colbeck, well that must be the worst bit of business since we signed Wayne Gill.

When it was announced in the summer that Penney would be the new manager I was happy with the appointment if not blown away by it, as I had seen enough of his teams at Doncaster and Darlington to know that he tries to play football the right way. Well how wrong was I! After Tuesday night I came away from BP thinking that is what we are capable of, if the team is left to playing football rather than Penney insisting on 2 banks of 4 all the time. but today we was back to the same team we have seen for 90% of the season.

Wycombe earlier in the season was the game I decided Penney would never succeed at this club and had to go and since then, very few performances have suggested to me I was wrong. When we play the better teams in this league it is almost a routine loss. We have a couple of chances they score theirs and Penney comes out with the same old comments of needing to be more ruthless in front of goal. We have not won one game against the top 6 ( incase any one wonders the record stands at 8 defeats and 3 draws from the 11 games against them so far) When was the last time we had a record that bad! Infact im pretty sure we have only won twice agaist the top half of the table this season.

All in all this season has been a nightmare and I have never felt as low as a latics fan. Whatever happens now happens, but we have unfortunatly left ourselves open to a realistic chance of relegation and I fear if that happens then that could be very difficult to get things back to the way things once were, especially with the likes of Bury and Rochdale possibly coming up leaving us below our 'little' neighbours.

Roll on tuesday night.

that was a team that played every game like it meant everything for them, passion comradeship and willing to give everything for 90 mins. these things are missing now

Passion and comradeship cost nothing and that's whats disappointing nowadays.