Good comeback, that's the spirit we need - Wycombe post game thread

Not the win we wanted, but we must have showed character to come back and equalise late on. That's the "never give up" mentality you need in a relegation scrap. Now we need to build on this, Penney needs to rally the troops and get the correct result against Stockport and Brighton.

OH WHEN THE BLUES!

Edited by Bring Back Ronnie Moore

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not the win we wanted, but we must have showed character to come back and equalise late on. That's the "never give up" mentality you need in a relegation scrap. Now we need to build on this, Penney needs to rally the troops and get the correct result against Stockport and Brighton.

OH WHEN THE BLUES!

I have to agree.

OH WHEN THE BLUES!

Agree 100%, but we really should have got more than 1 point today. It's cost us three places in the table but, onwards and upward, dig in and get a result at Stockport and boost the confidence for Brighton.

He needs to go all-out to get that striker in for Tuesday's match.

We really should have won this and would have been up to 16th, plus a bit of confidence in the tank, if we had.

Still, a draw is better than a loss.

Off topic, but how bad was that defeat for Chesterfield today?

Craig Davies probably felt rather smug when he scored. :wink:

Just got back, and I get the feeling us mods are in for a busy night.

We got out of jail today. They were probably on par with us to be fair but battled alot harder, and I think they will be the more disappointed not to come away with the three points.

Re their pen, blatant penalty imo - but then again same thing happened when we were attacking a minute later and he didnt give it.

As for the penney out chants? If we have any funds available would much rather spend them on bringing in a striker rather than dismissing the manager, but I think the fans made their feelings very very clear re Penney today, especially in RRE and main stand - and this was at 2-2.

OH WHEN THE BLUES!

yeah a decidedly dodgy pen in the last min and then the manager telling all his players to sit for the draw rather than go for it at home with 4 mins to go

full of the joys of spring now after that

Somebody in an NHS t-shirt gave me a rotten apple before the game.

I realised why when Parker's name was read out by the stadium announcer!

That's the second time this season we've scored 2 goals in consecutive matches. Woo.

I thought our second half performance was crap today in all honesty. We should have buried the game long before their penalty.

Should it have been a pen? Should ours have been a pen?

First game ive been to in a while, really like Eaves.

He needs to learn to jump for a header, otherwise he won't fulfil his potential.

Edited by opinions4u

Yeah that's the spirit we need, 2 all draw home to Wycombe. I'm delighted. Some people on here are totally deluded.

Ok, yes we are all disappointed with the result but would you rather the team just fold when going 2-1 down?

Should it have been a pen? Should ours have been a pen?

I think it was a case of you had to give both or none in order to be consistent. I didn't see either properly but from what I seen of theirs it looked blatant, you raise your hands in the pen area and the ball hits it your asking for trouble.

Very lucky to get a point today.

We really are a dreadfully poor side.

Constantly singing for the managers head does NOTHING for the team,we are a poor team and the fans turning on the manager week after week does not help a jot.

About 9 games left id be more than happy to take 3 wins out of that and hope for the best,unless we get another offensive player in im struggling to see where the 3 wins will come from tho.

Just got back, and I get the feeling us mods are in for a busy night.

We got out of jail today. They were probably on par with us to be fair but battled alot harder, and I think they will be the more disappointed not to come away with the three points.

Re their pen, blatant penalty imo - but then again same thing happened when we were attacking a minute later and he didnt give it.

As for the penney out chants? If we have any funds available would much rather spend them on bringing in a striker rather than dismissing the manager, but I think the fans made their feelings very very clear re Penney today, especially in RRE and main stand - and this was at 2-2.

I think it was a case of you had to give both or none in order to be consistent. I didn't see either properly but from what I seen of theirs it looked blatant, you raise your hands in the pen area and the ball hits it your asking for trouble.

i agree, both poor sides, 2 draws, fair result really.

both pens were lucky, and he had to give ours after giving theirs. the one after their first was a foul but was outside the area.

i thought both eaves and millar(?) look promising, especially millar

Disappointing result against another poor side, we really should put teams like those away.

It must be clear to penney now that both parker and smalley are not going to get us the goals we need.Striker needed desperately!

IMO it's getting to the point now where it's almost too late to dismiss the manager.It should have been done before now if he was to go.

I'm not a penney fan by any means, but the constant chanting for his head during the game doesn't help the team one bit.Wait till the full time whistle if you want to vent your anger.

i agree, both poor sides, 2 draws, fair result really.

both pens were lucky, and he had to give ours after giving theirs. the one after their first was a foul but was outside the area.

i thought both eaves and millar(?) look promising, especially millar

I thought their pen was a blatant handball, our pen was very generous to say the least but hey ho thats football.

Poor performance today in the end after what I thought was a good start by us

I thought their pen was a blatant handball, our pen was very generous to say the least but hey ho thats football.

Poor performance today in the end after what I thought was a good start by us

+1

Whoever gave ours away (Jacobson?) came out to the shot with his arms in his air.

Our penno, it seemed the man was just behind Abbott with the hands by his side.

Either way, Mr Ilderton definitely gave Penney a stay of execution.

Simply awful to watch

If Parker starts another game im not going to bother going. Not only is he :censored:, he doesn't give a :censored: either. How the :censored: did we manage to get lumbered with that :censored: on a 2 year contract? Break a leg Parker and :censored: off.

+1

Whoever gave ours away (Jacobson?) came out to the shot with his arms in his air.

Our penno, it seemed the man was just behind Abbott with the hands by his side.

Either way, Mr Ilderton definitely gave Penney a stay of execution.

Taylor it was who handled it