Taylor

I didn't think he played too badly today. Whenever he got the ball he looked lively, trouble is he didn't seem to want to go looking for the game; just waited for the game to come to him. Thought he tracked back well and battled well when he could be bothered, and did get into good positions, just lacked the finish.

I didn't think he played too badly today. Whenever he got the ball he looked lively, trouble is he didn't seem to want to go looking for the game; just waited for the game to come to him. Thought he tracked back well and battled well when he could be bothered, and did get into good positions, just lacked the finish.

I am taking the season as a whole. Not one game.

Edited by Lags

I am taking the season as a whole. Not one game.

He just seems to have no confidence at all at the moment. Today for example - always sideways or back rather than forwards when he got the ball. He's a winger that seems to have forgotten how to take people on.

First touch was also shocking today - you could see his value dropping by £25000 everytime he got on the ball.......

He just seems to have no confidence at all at the moment. Today for example - always sideways or back rather than forwards when he got the ball. He's a winger that seems to have forgotten how to take people on.

First touch was also shocking today - you could see his value dropping by £25000 everytime he got on the ball.......

too predictable cut inside all the time

He seems to be playing more down the middle now and doesn't go out wide anywhere near as much as a winger should do. I assume this is down to the managers instructions.

But yes nowhere near the player he once was and needs to toughen up.

I thought taylor played well when he had the ball. When he didn't have it and we were going forward he was next to useless. His concept of "runnning off the ball" consists of staying within 5 yds of jacobson. He seems to have no idea of how to pull defenders when not in possesion, in order to give a team-mate room to pass, or to alternaatively (as a wild idea) run down the wing to await the ball that jacobson clearly waswaitining to play.

Has he developed in the last 12 months?

I thought taylor played well when he had the ball. When he didn't have it and we were going forward he was next to useless. His concept of "runnning off the ball" consists of staying within 5 yds of jacobson. He seems to have no idea of how to pull defenders when not in possesion, in order to give a team-mate room to pass, or to alternaatively (as a wild idea) run down the wing to await the ball that jacobson clearly waswaitining to play.

Has he developed in the last 12 months?

No. A change of management, injuries, a lack of fitness and a run of games will give you the answer as to why not, as well.

He's scared of getting injured.

The only way to get through it is more game time.

The problem's in his head.

Aside from adding a lack of confidence (which is all probably inter-connected) I think you have hit the nail on the head there.

Having said that I don't think he has ever fully got over his hip injury, which considering he was injured at the end of last season too can't have helped his pre and early season.

Maybe he needs a runner upfront (someone like Hughes) to give him the room he needs. Something isn't quite right with his game at the mo and its going to affect him as I certainly thought he had the potential to play in the Premiership at one point, these days he'll be lucky to get the odd game in the Championship.

my donny mate's dad is a steward around the directors box and is quite well in on the goings on, said today (when we were discussing the pathetic lewis guy - 'like parker but worse') - that they were after him a couple of seasons back but couldnt afford a million for him (were we to demand such a fee).

Said around the time o'driscoll offered 200k + martin woods (now their star midfield man) we wanted 350k + woods but SOD didnt think he was worth it.

If we scoffed at 350k back then i think most of us would snap there hand off for that now dont you - how times have changed........

Edited by shefflatic

my donny mate's dad is a steward around the directors box and is quite well in on the goings on, said today (when we were discussing the pathetic lewis guy - 'like parker but worse') - that they were after him a couple of seasons back but couldnt afford a million for him (were we to demand such a fee).

Said around the time o'driscoll offered 200k + martin woods (now their star midfield man) we wanted 350k + woods but SOD didnt think he was worth it.

If we scoffed at 350k back then i think most of us would snap there hand off for that now dont you - how times have changed........

I think what people tend to forget is that Taylor generally has very few options when he has the ball and is quickly closed down by 2 sometimes 3 men everytime he gets it. His performances haven't been good enough this season, but people have to realise when he is one of maybe 2 players who can make something out of nothing (or indeed anythign at all) he is always going to be very closely watched. The team you have around you makes a huge amount of difference, especially for wingers. How many times does he really get the chance to run at the full back one on one from a quick break? Normally if he gets to that point it's of his own doing. How much would Martin Woods stand out if he were our only really talent? The problem isn't players like Taylor it's the general ability of the squad which overall is fairly poor and makes the job of players liek Taylor and Pav so much harder.

The one thing I would say about Taylor is that he needs to man the :censored: up!

Bloody hell so we'd be payin someone else to take him off us then?!

Over-rated!