Parker off to Bury

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BURY’S new signing Keigan Parker says he has a point to prove during his month-long stint at Gigg Lane.

Since leaving Blackpool in 2008, the 27-year-old striker has failed to make an impact at Huddersfield Town, Hartlepool United and Oldham Athletic — scoring just twice for the Latics in 29 appearances this season.

He does have an impressive CV, however, after scoring in the League One play-off final three years ago to help Blackpool into the Championship.

He finished top-scorer with 16 goals during that campaign and hopes to recapture that form with the Shakers.

“I have been frustrated recently because I have only started two matches this calender year,” said Parker. “Hopefully I can start afresh here and hit the ground running by getting a goal that helps the team win against Rotherham.

“I want to prove a few people wrong by scoring goals, because that is what you get judged on as a striker.

“That has been lacking from my game in the last couple of years so hopefully I can rectify that here.

“It is a thin line between scoring goals and not - I have played well for Oldham on a few occassions this season but have been missing a bit of luck.”

“I want to prove a few people wrong by scoring goals, because that is what you get judged on as a striker.

“That has been lacking from my game in the last couple of years so hopefully I can rectify that here.

Damn I tell you what he was damn unlucky the keeper saved those 1 on 1s....

No :censored: sherlock

“It is a thin line between scoring goals and not - I have played well for Oldham on a few occassions this season but have been missing a bit of luck.”

nothing to do with not being able to hit a barn door then Parker?

:blink:

Eleven-thousand posts on a forum about a sodding computer game....??!

You have just gone down in my estimations. If possible. If I didnt already know you had one, I tell you to go and find a girlfriend or summat.

I toe a fine line between geek and chic.

I toe a fine line between geek and chic.

:applause1:

He might just of thought he was rubbish, and a bit of a twunt as well.

Perhaps, though I suspect that had that been his primary reason then this would have been old news by now.

Actually, the primary reason was probably Parker telling him he wants out. Everyone's a winner.

I love it.

After admitting the unavoidable fact that he doesn't score goals and that is what a striker does, he is honest enough to only claim to have played well on a few occassions this season.

Now the vague world of word related numbers is not exactly a precice scientific unit of measure. But most people would say "A few" (being generous) could be claimed to be 4, maybe five tops. Its definitely less than "several" which would be used for 6 or more.

So in a bold statement to his new fans Keigan has said I haven't scored and have only play well 4 times in nearly 30 appearances. They must be beside themselves with excitement.

nothing to do with not being able to hit a barn door then Parker?

I think you're being a bit harsh. He showed what a great shot he's really capable of during the warm-up at Tranmere, when instead of going for the considerably easier target of the goal, he instead took aim at a seat in the stand and hit it with enough force to break it. Impressive.

I think you're being a bit harsh. He showed what a great shot he's really capable of during the warm-up at Tranmere, when instead of going for the considerably easier target of the goal, he instead took aim at a seat in the stand and hit it with enough force to break it. Impressive.

:lol:

I hope we took that out of his wages

It's a good thing we loaned Sheehan otherwise Parker could have been up for Goal of the Season.

Isnt everyone at B*ry pretty anonymous at the minute. They havent scored a goal from open play in 8 games.

Parker's making sure the monkey town tw*ts dont change that. :grin:

I am still going for my prediction of him scoring no more than 3

• 2 weeks later...