Parker off to Bury

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good move all round this is.

Parker out of the club & Bury hopefully paying a decent chunk (if not all; but that's unlikely I feel) of his wages.

My hope is that he does relatively OK (couple of goals over the loan period) and Bury see enough in him to take him off us permanently. Here’s hoping!

Wouldn't surprise me if he scores a hat-trick in his first game for them.

He wont score 3 goals for the rest of the season IMO.

As has been said, its not like O'Grady where he simply didnt get a chance. He has played loads. And I'd wager that other than Paw - the poison dwarf has had more decent scoring chances than anyone else in this team, if not put together.

The goals are still just as big in League 2. And he cant bloody shoot.

Parker was very near the Chaddy on Saturday when he was subbed - the cheer and clapping that it generated must be very very demoralising and I am not surprised that he would want out of our club at the earliest possibility.

His "confidence" must be on the floor by now, and there is no way he stands a chance of resurecting his career at Boundary Park. However if you look at the Bury article, the reason for this "confidence" crisis may be exacerbated by the supporters, but its route cause (and that of the fans views) is clear...

The Bury article shows his blackpool record in the first couple of paragraphs - 41 goals in 165 appearances. An average return of 1 in 4, which I suppose in League One is OK. Then they put the advertisment and you have to scroll down to read the more recent goal scoring record....4 goals in 61 a record of 1 in 15. And this 'feat' has been maintained across 3 different clubs.

So Mr Parker - enjoy Gigg Lane, I hope you score enough goals that means you are not back in a few weeks time.

Its rumoured that Huddersfield are still paying part of his wages at the moment, and its likely that we are still paying part of his wages now even though Bury are putting in some cash each week as well. 3 clubs paying one player, and two of them doing it so that he doesn't play for them.......must be a fairly unique situation.

right minded fans will realise he is scoring in league 2, just like o'grady . . but cant do it in league 1 . . thats why they where sold/loaned :petesake:

But the thing that gets me with o'grady is he would never be given a proper shot, only ever got on the pitch for around 20 mins when were 3-0 down and everyone else had given up, therefore didnt get any decent balls or much time to do anything, if he was given a 4/5 match run with us he probably would have done a job

Parker was very near the Chaddy on Saturday when he was subbed - the cheer and clapping that it generated must be very very demoralising and I am not surprised that he would want out of our club at the earliest possibility.

His "confidence" must be on the floor by now, and there is no way he stands a chance of resurecting his career at Boundary Park. However if you look at the Bury article, the reason for this "confidence" crisis may be exacerbated by the supporters, but its route cause (and that of the fans views) is clear...

The Bury article shows his blackpool record in the first couple of paragraphs - 41 goals in 165 appearances. An average return of 1 in 4, which I suppose in League One is OK. Then they put the advertisment and you have to scroll down to read the more recent goal scoring record....4 goals in 61 a record of 1 in 15. And this 'feat' has been maintained across 3 different clubs.

So Mr Parker - enjoy Gigg Lane, I hope you score enough goals that means you are not back in a few weeks time.

Its rumoured that Huddersfield are still paying part of his wages at the moment, and its likely that we are still paying part of his wages now even though Bury are putting in some cash each week as well. 3 clubs paying one player, and two of them doing it so that he doesn't play for them.......must be a fairly unique situation.

Excellent! A big 'well done' to all those who made their feelings known in a loud and clear fashion.

Parker is, without doubt one of the laziest, disinterested plebs it has ever been my misfortune to watch. I was really enthused when we signed him at the start of the season (primarily over the memory of him ripping us a new arsehole during the play-offs), but that optmism quickly dried up after I saw the muppet playing week-in week-out.

And to think, there was a big, loud mouthed halfwit (not that unusual for the Chaddy End I know) gobbing off at half time in the bogs about how Joe Colbeck is the "worst player he'd EVER seen in 38 years of watching Latics". Well pal, he might not be the most gifted, but I'd rather have him than 10 Parker's based on effort and attitude.

Excellent! A big 'well done' to all those who made their feelings known in a loud and clear fashion.

Parker is, without doubt one of the laziest, disinterested plebs it has ever been my misfortune to watch. I was really enthused when we signed him at the start of the season (primarily over the memory of him ripping us a new arsehole during the play-offs), but that optmism quickly dried up after I saw the muppet playing week-in week-out.

And to think, there was a big, loud mouthed halfwit (not that unusual for the Chaddy End I know) gobbing off at half time in the bogs about how Joe Colbeck is the "worst player he'd EVER seen in 38 years of watching Latics". Well pal, he might not be the most gifted, but I'd rather have him than 10 Parker's based on effort and attitude.

+100000

If I was a mad scientist I would tamper with the oldham team

use the effort of colbeck , the pace of parker and the finishing of abbot and make a super striker

There would be some horrors from the leftover bits though. The looks of John Eyre, the intelligence of Parker, the pace of Beckett...

Cheers Kiegan lad, another disaster move from our tactically clueless manager, short of strikers as it is, and there he is unloading them again, one of the most gifted players at the club, too good if anything for us, with a bit of support and motivation expect to see him score a bagful for Bury.

Cheers Kiegan lad, another disaster move from our tactically clueless manager, short of strikers as it is, and there he is unloading them again, one of the most gifted players at the club, too good if anything for us, with a bit of support and motivation expect to see him score a bagful for Bury.

OK Ill bite

he isnt a striker and he is sh1t

Edited by razza699

I honestly think it's more likely he has scored the last goal of his career than that he will be on a hot streak at Bury. He won't give a toss there and unless we owe him another year of picking cheques up I could see him jacking it in and retiring to a pig farm in the country

OK Ill bite

he isnt a striker and he is sh1t

the official site says he is a striker as "striker leaves on loan" or something is the headline.

and he isn't sh1t as will be proven at Bury with a bit of quality around him with good man management just like he had at Blackpool.

the official site says he is a striker as "striker leaves on loan" or something is the headline.

and he isn't sh1t as will be proven at Bury with a bit of quality around him with good man management just like he had at Blackpool.

Oooo the official site says it it must be true :petesake:

I would be willing to say he will not get more than 3 goals for Bury,

also so with better players and a better manager he would have scored the 5 odd one on ones he has missed this season?

also so with better players and a better manager he would have scored the 5 odd one on ones he has missed this season?

And Blackpool probably wouldn't have binned him off to Uddy, who then binned him off to Hartlepool and then us. He's going down faster than a slut on a reality TV show.

:detectivegm0:

:banana3: