Parker off to Bury

KP did have a good season with Blackpool - but it appears as that was the 'blip' in form, rather than what he has done for us.

I have tried to keep an open mind on Parker - even on Saturday I said that I was not going to get frustrated with him and just try to judge the performance on its merits. However in doing that he just was not good enough and Pav played better with Eaves alongside.

IF we are lucky enough to see him move on (big IF as I find it hard to believe another club will look at him this season and think "That's the player we need to secure promotion") I couldn't care less if he scores for them, or even scores against us in a couple of games next season. I feel we will get more points without him to cancel out any impact he has in a one off game next.

Some players just don't work at certain clubs - and a change of scenary just works.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh and whilst I'd eat humble pie, I have no reason to believe this to be true about him going to Bury. The fact that the main source is on Blackpool's MB, his club before the club before us. I think there's enough people who get info from inside BP here that if it was true then it would have been said by them.

Cream with that? :grin:

Wasn't confident of the source myself tbf, but thought it best not to comment.

Pleased that he's getting the experience he needs in League 2 - It's more his level.

Yep, that's brilliant. As for the rest of the video, well it just reminds us how good KP can be (not to mention his goal at Wembley)...he was outstanding that season. Still hope he can deliver that at BP...there have been glimpses.

Oh and whilst I'd eat humble pie, I have no reason to believe this to be true about him going to Bury. The fact that the main source is on Blackpool's MB, his club before the club before us. I think there's enough people who get info from inside BP here that if it was true then it would have been said by them.

Update those sources :grin:

So he's expected back mid April. Bury will pay the cab fare too! so what's his deal here?

I'd accept the "much needed match action and confidence" line as the reason personally.

Parker has in the past shown himself to be a decent striker and he certainly has the attributes in pace to burn and a good first touch... if we can get a month out of him come the end of the year where he actually scores who knows how vital that could be?

Cream with that? :grin:

Wasn't confident of the source myself tbf, but thought it best not to comment.

Pleased that he's getting the experience he needs in League 2 - It's more his level.

Update those sources :grin:

Well there you go, fair play to the OP.

What's his deal here? anyone know. I've heard from one season to two season's to one season with a season option after (x) games played.

I believe Huddersfield will be paying a fair chunk of his wages as we took him off their hands on what was presumably a decent contract, which they wouldn't have been gutted to get out of. Not sure if he has an additional year with us, if he does I could see us paying half of it to Bury to take the little piss pot off our hands.

I'd accept the "much needed match action and confidence" line as the reason personally.

Parker has in the past shown himself to be a decent striker and he certainly has the attributes in pace to burn and a good first touch... if we can get a month out of him come the end of the year where he actually scores who knows how vital that could be?

you really do love him don't you Ack? I would have though with the ammount of times you have been hammered after your claims of grandeur on live chat, only to be followed by his latest :censored: up, you would have given up by now.

He is absolutely awful. And he wont be playing football past his 30th birthday. He has cash and he doesnt give a toss. He is one of many of this current generation of footballers who realise there is far more money to be made in the real world, rather than kicking a football round as a journeyman pro in the lower league and getting stick for it...

When the NHS handed me a worm filled apple in the RRE last Saturday I was puzzled.

Then the team was announced.

With Parker up front it was clear what I had to do with the rotten fruit.

Unfortunately he never came close enough to the penalty area to give me any hope of hitting him with it.

:lol:

Brilliant!

Also - I dont know if it changes each time, but when I logged on the article had an advert for laser eye surgery in the middle. If after watching him for a few games you think this sodding idiot is in any way a striker, or there to 'rescue' you... well laser eye surgery may well be needed....

:lol:

Brilliant!

Also - I dont know if it changes each time, but when I logged on the article had an advert for laser eye surgery in the middle. If after watching him for a few games you think this sodding idiot is in any way a striker, or there to 'rescue' you... well laser eye surgery may well be needed....

The article is Dixons now, save 80% on second hand Strikers