franny ward sacked?

I agree with all of your post, but first things first there is no point even having a PA announcer at the moment as i can't hear a single word of what is said or any of the music that is played because the bloody speakers don't work in the chaddy end! Or is it the same in all of the stands?

Cannot hear a word in the Chaddy, have not been able to make out anything that has been said for a few years now

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cannot hear a word in the Chaddy, have not been able to make out anything that has been said for a few years now

I'd wager you heard the Cancer charity women the other week. Just goes to show what a bit of enthusiasm and big lungs can do.

Here is a nice instrumental to welcome everyone to the stadium, I have permission from the songwriter if the DJ fancies playing it at BP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lukWUQjkd6g...&playnext=1

I have also licensed tracks by local singer friends of mine such Jon Christos, Victor Michael and Paul Michaels which might be worth considering.

Edited by BP1960

Re the runout music, whatever it is I think that as a group of fans, we need to decide on a track and stick to it, to the extent that this song in the future will be identified with Latics, in the same way you would identify Z Cars with Everton, blue moon with Man City and you'll never walk alone with liverpool.

6, Do not let that woman from the Christie near a microphone again. Ever.

I'm not sure taking the microphone off her would help to be honest. They could bury her in sand in the Shetland islands and you'd still be able to hear her.

Moudly old dough at full time maybe? I hate that song but if people want tradition.....

IF the crowds were quiet when the teams were coming out i always used to cringe when Franny would say "come on your too quiet" I know he was trying to get some atmosphere going but it was just embarrasing..... it would have been better to leave it be - id love to have a decent atmosphere at BP but it just doesnt seem there most of the time. I think most of it went when the scoreboard did.

Do we get music when we score? its been that long since we scored i cant remember

and while i think about it who ever changed the kids doing the rasim talk/enjoy the match bit at the start of the match need a medal - the old one sounded like they had come from a mental ayslum

Edited by bluehobbit

Moudly old dough at full time maybe? I hate that song but if people want tradition.....

IF the crowds were quiet when the teams were coming out i always used to cringe when Franny would say "come on your too quiet" I know he was trying to get some atmosphere going but it was just embarrasing..... it would have been better to leave it be - id love to have a decent atmosphere at BP but it just doesnt seem there most of the time. I think most of it went when the scoreboard did.

Do we get music when we score? its been that long since we scored i cant remember

and while i think about it who ever changed the kids doing the rasim talk/enjoy the match bit at the start of the match need a medal - the old one sounded like they had come from a mental ayslum

I for one cannot stand moldy old dough and think it should be kept to when the teams are being announced. I definitely think it should be something that gets the crowd going.

Chaddy end speakers - have taken a real down turn this season. Can barely hear it.

As for comments:

Let's get ready to rumble / Boys are Back in town at start of second half.....cringeworthy.

Agree - more time with the returning legends.

'"We can't here you" - embarrasing.

HT entertainment at BP is generally poor - some sort of regular competition (cross bar / penalties / youth games) or other demonstrations would be much better.

we should come out to Yesterday by the Beatles, that would reflect the BP atmosphere

B.P. in a nutshell.

Gone are the days of dancing to Whigfield's 'Saturday Night' in the Rochdale Stand, the cries of "Beach Balllll!" as the inflatable ball bounced over the crowd (I even remember someone bringing an inflatable skeleton into the ground), struggling to find a seat and having a bloody scoreboard to watch the half-time scores on.

Chaddy end speakers - have taken a real down turn this season. Can barely hear it.

As for comments:

Let's get ready to rumble / Boys are Back in town at start of second half.....cringeworthy.

Agree - more time with the returning legends.

'"We can't here you" - embarrasing.

HT entertainment at BP is generally poor - some sort of regular competition (cross bar / penalties / youth games) or other demonstrations would be much better.

Some really good suggestions and ideas, that will be taken on board. Thank you.

With Regards to half time, I agree that we don't do anything and their should be some form of game / entertainment to warm us all up. We had the Crossbar challenge last year, are we thinking something similar? Some form of Skills school type thing? So, if anyone has any specific ideas I will happily take them to the powers that be and see if we can get something sorted.

Next Time we have a returning legend for the half time draw there will be more questions asked.

I also know the club have some new PA equipment and hopefully all will be fine on Tuesday with the speakers in The Chaddy and RRE.

Some really good suggestions and ideas, that will be taken on board. Thank you.

With Regards to half time, I agree that we don't do anything and their should be some form of game / entertainment to warm us all up. We had the Crossbar challenge last year, are we thinking something similar? Some form of Skills school type thing? So, if anyone has any specific ideas I will happily take them to the powers that be and see if we can get something sorted.

Next Time we have a returning legend for the half time draw there will be more questions asked.

I also know the club have some new PA equipment and hopefully all will be fine on Tuesday with the speakers in The Chaddy and RRE.

Thanks Broady and that's good news about the P.A. System.

Are you any good at football. :grin:

So, if anyone has any specific ideas I will happily take them to the powers that be and see if we can get something sorted.

Here is an idea... TTA get someone in with an idea on how to run a football club ?

I mean seriously, half time entertainment is hardly a massive mystery that need cracking...

:petesake:

Not a go at you Broday, more of a come on Latics!!!...

Here is an idea... TTA get someone in with an idea on how to run a football club ?

I mean seriously, half time entertainment is hardly a massive mystery that need cracking...

:petesake:

Not a go at you Broday, more of a come on Latics!!!...

C'mon 0000.

The previous guy has gone, so the guy now taking over has had a first week that some have criticised.

He's taken that on the chin, and asked of ideas and what the people would like.

Some people have fed back there are problems, of which some thing have been sorted out.

People have used that to say what they think, given feedback of songs they don't like or would like to see more of. Who maybe have never said anything before.

So it is being looked at improved.

Difficult to know what else can be done. I did not hear you complaining about the half time entertainment before.....

Very few complaints before, one of the new guy, a few more come up with comments, and you say it is proof of the TTA incompetience.

Just cos 5 people comment on here does not mean it is absolutely terrible, although it might not be to their taste, and can always be improved.

And that is what is been sought.

Edited by singe

I did not hear you complaining about the half time entertainment before.....

I am usually to busy trying to grab the last pie before they sell out... That is when I do go... (remember I have only been once this season)...

Is it too much to expect the club to be run to a level that when they sack someone they have a plan of action for his replacement ? Some direction and steer...

Use to be good having the local teams playing games at half time. That used to past the 15 mins while my tummy was hungry due to lack of pies.

Edited by oafc0000