£24 to attend Hudds away

IMO if your willing to pay £20 then your willing to pay £24 , if you want to go you will go , as said in previous posts its not the £4 thats putting people off its the drivel being churned out on the pitch ,

Who knows we might even leave Penney in yorkshire :wink:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my ticket for the arsenal v barca game on wednesday has cost me £52.

only 2,300 tickets available.

you pay what you think is value for money.

What ?! you saying seeing Lionel Messi is better value for money than Lewis Guy?

Ibrahimovic is better value than Abbott?

Xavi is better entertainment than Furman?

your deluded mate :wink: :wink:

What ?! you saying seeing Lionel Messi is better value for money than Lewis Guy?

Ibrahimovic is better value than Abbott?

Xavi is better entertainment than Furman?

your deluded mate :wink: :wink:

its close isn't it! :grin:

dearest ticket i've ever bought -£91 for el classico -face value...worth it? course! we won 2-0 !!

applied for a champs league final ticket-cheapest is 90€ + handling charge of 20€ ..its thoses little "extra payments" that piss me off.

but the whole point here is if you consider the price of your ticket..latics/barca/whoever is value,you will pay-no matter what.

latics isn't value for money at the moment...its dull.

dearest ticket i've ever bought -£91 for el classico -face value...worth it? course! we won 2-0 !!

applied for a champs league final ticket-cheapest is 90€ + handling charge of 20€ ..its thoses little "extra payments" that piss me off.

but the whole point here is if you consider the price of your ticket..latics/barca/whoever is value,you will pay-no matter what.

When I went to the Champions League Final I was paid to go <_<:grin:

Most expensive ticket I have ever bought for the football is £106 (x3) for the World Cup group games.

The British Grand Prix is costing me £250 or something though so football is small fry :lol:

Edited by oafc0000

Even if it was free to get in Latics I wouldnt say it was value for money , I would say it was a waste of a day ! :lol:

At £20 we may have just been tempted to go - At £24 the 3 of us are not going.

hudds have lost £60 by trying to get £72 ?

One day football clubs will learn that they have to charge a rate more in line with the current financial situation of the country , at this level then £18 is more realistic.

The more they charge the less people will go .It then becomes a vicious circle and they have to keep charging more to meet budgets.

One day they will wake up and realise the opposite is true but then it may be too late !!!!!!!!!

When I went to the Champions League Final I was paid to go <_<:grin:

Most expensive ticket I have ever bought for the football is £106 (x3) for the World Cup group games.

The British Grand Prix is costing me £250 or something though so football is small fry :lol:

Have you started your rain dance yet? These new regulations are a joke, they should have left it as last year's regulations as by the end of the season the big 4 (is it really a big 3 now as Brawn (mercedes) seem well off the pace) were on a similar level. They have to do something about the car's aerodynamic footprint if we are to see overtaking again on a mass scale.

Have you started your rain dance yet? These new regulations are a joke, they should have left it as last year's regulations as by the end of the season the big 4 (is it really a big 3 now as Brawn (mercedes) seem well off the pace) were on a similar level. They have to do something about the car's aerodynamic footprint if we are to see overtaking again on a mass scale.

I am reserving judgement... A lot of over reaction happened a couple of weeks ago. This weekends race was pretty dam good. The circuit was dry for the majority of the race.

I would rather have refuelling all said and done though...

I know we are going off on a tangent to the thread, but, I am going to stick my neck out after only 2 races, a dull one and a mildly interesting one and say that the new regs haven't worked. To start with the drivers are too cautious on their tyres with full fuel at the start, a driver willing to take a risk will be able to overtake as they will brake later and harder into a corner and get past.

In yesterday's race, Lewis was able to catch the Ferraris on his newer tyres but not get by due to the wash from Alonso's car, however if he hadn't come in for new tyres when he did he would still have been screwed as he would have ruined them trying to overtake Kubica - neither Massa or Alonso could overtake him either and they were behind him for longer.

We will be looking at more processions throughout the season rather than the wheel to wheel stuff that we haven't seen either for about 10 years or so.

I know we are going off on a tangent to the thread, but, I am going to stick my neck out after only 2 races, a dull one and a mildly interesting one and say that the new regs haven't worked. To start with the drivers are too cautious on their tyres with full fuel at the start, a driver willing to take a risk will be able to overtake as they will brake later and harder into a corner and get past.

In yesterday's race, Lewis was able to catch the Ferraris on his newer tyres but not get by due to the wash from Alonso's car, however if he hadn't come in for new tyres when he did he would still have been screwed as he would have ruined them trying to overtake Kubica - neither Massa or Alonso could overtake him either and they were behind him for longer.

We will be looking at more processions throughout the season rather than the wheel to wheel stuff that we haven't seen either for about 10 years or so.

Why not create a F1 thread ?

I don't think we can say what as and has not worked two races in. I think they was silly putting a GP with history of being dull as the first race of the season.

we could have a thread " For those who don't watch Latics"......

We would need sub-threads for those not watching due to the manager, no smoking, no lookers, too expensive, boring football, wife won't let them, work shifts, Corney's dog looked at them funny, Holden's V sign, manager swearing, manager not swearing enough, got out of the habit, Signing Lee Hughes, getting rid of Hughes and any I have missed.

There is a fair bit of fickleness going on here over £4!! Yeah £4, I can fully understand when some are saying if they are taking themselves and kids x 2/3 in some cases it all mounts up and I appreciate the people who say they would be taking a few kids it is an extra £12, just enough to tip the scales the extra £4/8 is the price of petrol, I won't be going but that is purely down to work commitments, you can compare it to £27 for Leeds but that is because that c*** Bates is a greedy ba****d, £3 less for Hudds, must be a Yorkshire thing <_<

Sorry to hear a few of you aren't making the trip, you normally bring a decent following, and anyone that brings a decent following can create a good atmosphere.

We haven't ridiculously overspent as a couple on this thread have stated, according to Clark and Hoyle (our Chairman) in seperate interviews/meetings, we have one of the smaller wage bills in the Play Off race. We've spent on transfer fee's, but only on players who are likely to increase in value; we refused to sign Ricky Lambert for the price we were asked for as in a couple of season's time we wouldn't get anything for him. We made a multi-million pound loss last season, due to our £100 season ticket offer and Ternent's disasterous spell, our chairman's said he'll cover this, but even if he hadn't we could have sold Smithies/Pilkington/Rhodes and covered the loss.

As for categorising matches, it does always seem as though you're just having as much money as possible squeezed out of you, but so far we must have made a lot of additional income from doing it. Our season ticket offers have been fair, so the majority of fans have a season ticket, those that don't benefit from quite a few offers on the less desirable matches, so it doesn't really negatively impact on home support. For away support, until this match, I don't think it's negatively impacted on away support, but you're probably the only fans to have been charged £24 who aren't around us in the table.

Anyway, all the best. We could really do with a win; despite only losing once all season, we've had a crap home run. Colchester are playing Swindon and Millwall this week, meanwhile we're playing you and Brentford, so it's up to us to open up a gap! I'm predicting a tough, frustrating match.

Forgot to add - Polish Hippy has been speaking out against categorising matches, for those that were making sarcastic comments!

Edited by SSH

There is a fair bit of fickleness going on here over £4!! Yeah £4, I can fully understand when some are saying if they are taking themselves and kids x 2/3 in some cases it all mounts up and I appreciate the people who say they would be taking a few kids it is an extra £12, just enough to tip the scales the extra £4/8 is the price of petrol, I won't be going but that is purely down to work commitments, you can compare it to £27 for Leeds but that is because that c*** Bates is a greedy ba****d, £3 less for Hudds, must be a Yorkshire thing <_<

but what happens if we keep paying? keeps going up doesnt it? time to make a stand (again :ranting: )

Its Barca v Arsenal on the box people, don't waste your petrol and dole money on that blue shower. Watch some proper football for a change.

Which is exactly what me and Royton Blue Lad will be doing whilst eating Haribo Tangtastics. We won't be giving the Galpharm a second thought.