£24 to attend Hudds away

They made it Cat A game, same as Norwich, Charlton, Leeds etc, so it's £24 adults, £15 concessions (OAP, students) and £12 for under 16s.

How many of us are bothered going, even if a local derby, when we have little chance of a result?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeez I'm sure it was "only" £20 for a bank holiday fixture last season.

Cheeky sods.

I suspect the crowd would be bigger if they hdn't changed the date of it.

Having said that, if they hadn't I'd be missing it.

£4 makes bob all difference on people going to an away game.

£4 makes bob all difference on people going to an away game.

It might just be the straw that breaks the camels back for me, especially with £12 admission for kids too.

If I do go, I will be driving to work in Halifax for the day, driving home to pick up the little 'un and his brother and then driving back to Hudds.

Seriously close to not going.

They made it Cat A game, same as Norwich, Charlton, Leeds etc, so it's £24 adults, £15 concessions (OAP, students) and £12 for under 16s.

How many of us are bothered going, even if a local derby, when we have little chance of a result?

Yeah i'll be going, even if we get stuffed and play shocking (as per normal) at least it's a chance to make a good atmosphere.

Stick it Hudds! Been there today to the Gayfarm watching Saints, £30 for a family of 4, for the Latics match it would cost us £60+ think I'll save my £60 and put it towards four nights at Haven and some QT time for me and my family!

One good thing that might come out of our inevitable relegation (in my eyes anyway) will be more standing at away games and many more away game where it will be under a score to get in.

I'll be doing my best to attend. Not looking forward to it as much as in previous years - due to league position, poor away followings and it being a Tuesday night - but the lads need us all behind them.

Feel sorry for those who have children to take and can understand them missing this one - 12 quid is a disgrace. 24 quid for an adult is a piss-take but you'd begrudgingly pay it - I would anyway. But the Kids prices are a joke.

Edited by Yard Dog

I'll be doing my best to attend. Not looking forward to it as much as in previous years - due to league position, poor away followings and it being a Tuesday night - but the lads need us all behind them.

Feel sorry for those who have children to take and can understand them missing this one - 12 quid is a disgrace. 24 quid for an adult is a piss-take but you'd begrudgingly pay it - I would anyway. But the Kids prices are a joke.

Huddersfield Giants let Primary School kids in for nowt - The football club are obviously spending way beyond their means and Dean Hoyle will be wanting no doubt to try and recoup some of the millions he has spent trying to get them up. I can see them really being in deep doggy doo if they don't at least get into the play offs. their budget was one for promotion yet they haven't threatened the top 2 all season and have been out of the top 6 for months! Interesting to see what happens there...

I wish people would stop spouting nonsense about on principle not paying £4 more than some other clubs when in reality they just don't want to go to the game.

Exactly, I wouldnt go if it was a 10er in for adults.

For once I hope we perform at Hudds as apart from the 3-0 demolition in the Wellens/Porter season, we are usually pretty woeful there.

Edited by Butter

If we were playing decent football, I'm sure nobody would give a toss about £24.

Usual prices are about £20. £4 is cock all. Just dont buy a programme or a pie and you spend the same amount of money as you normally would. Some people love excuses.

Indeed they do.

This is the only time i've ever seen an upcoming fixture against Huddersfield and had absolutely know interest in making the short trip. Stockport was painful enough. The price doesnt even come into it.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

The fact that League One sides are now creating category games is an absolute disgrace. How can they possibly justify Norwich on par with us? Yet again, fans are just being laughed at.

Still, bump the prices up and fans stay away, minimising the risk of trouble.

Indeed they do.

This is the only time i've ever seen an upcoming fixture against Huddersfield and had absolutely know interest in making the short trip. Stockport was painful enough. The price doesnt even come into it.

£24 does look a bit steep now when I think of the 4 hours entertainment I've just had for £14.95. On the grandest stage of them all.

The fact that League One sides are now creating category games is an absolute disgrace. How can they possibly justify Norwich on par with us? Yet again, fans are just being laughed at.

I would suspect that they estimate demand from away fans to be similar for Latics and Norwich, which they could argue justifies the higher prices.

I personally think that Latics should use categories in the RRE only. 22 category "B" games a season and one category "A" game where the prices in the RRE are doubled. Just in time for Leeds rolling in to town next season.

I would suspect that they estimate demand from away fans to be similar for Latics and Norwich, which they could argue justifies the higher prices.

I personally think that Latics should use categories in the RRE only. 22 category "B" games a season and one category "A" game where the prices in the RRE are doubled. Just in time for Leeds rolling in to town next season.

I think under league rules, categories must apply to the whole ground, not just the away section, and away prices cannot be higher than the equivalent home prices (minus any incentives for pre-purchasing, vouchers etc). But charging Leeds double is an excellent idea!

Still, bump the prices up and fans stay away, minimising the risk of trouble.

In fairness, we have also benefited from categorisation of games. The games we've played at Leeds and Tranmere (as well as Huddersfield next week) are Category A, but I think Norwich classified us as their lowest category...Leeds were charged £30 there on Saturday. I'm not going to look through all the teams but I'm sure it balances itself out. And it probably balances itself out for the home teams too...they can tempt fans up from further away/of smaller teams with cheaper tickets and compensate for it by charging a bit more to those who'd be coming anyway. Like I said, £4 won't make a difference - if you wanted to go you'd go, if you won't pay the £4 then you probably weren't going anyway and have been given an excuse.