Is the man for real?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he's right though isn't he? Say if we won one and drew one that would be pretty decent. Two points from the games in hand would put us in a much stronger position to survive. I'm not a huge fan of DP but I don't like it when it gets to a stage where anything the manager says is taken any way that suits people who hate him.

he's right though isn't he? Say if we won one and drew one that would be pretty decent. Two points from the games in hand would put us in a much stronger position to survive. I'm not a huge fan of DP but I don't like it when it gets to a stage where anything the manager says is taken any way that suits people who hate him.

its the fact he said,planning for next season what piss*d folk off,ah well say hello to1500 season ticket sales if that spud is still hear next season,how can the next 2 games not be a must 6 points has he seen the run in after them we never cross the halfway line when we play anyone in the top half of the table with his negative tacticts...

He said: "The good thing about the 10-day break is that it has enabled us to get a few players fit, the likes of Dale, while a couple of others needed rest as they were carrying little knocks. Hopefully the players will be refreshed and raring to go.

Does that mean Penney will have been able to gee them up, ready and raring for two games we could really do with winning?

'start planning for next season'

These games are must win Dave if you want to even remotely have a chance to still be in a job come may.

We will be planning for next season....but with Jim Gannon in charge, you won't be when we have 1000 season ticket holders come june.

BYE DAVE you prize A Prick!!

How he can't say they are must win games sums the guy up - in his own little Doncaster bubble. We want to get safe = need points = need wins = must win games.

I'm wasting my breath

Whatever Dave....................

Edited by shefflatic

I don't think he is right though. We have very few games left. And after the next two very winnable home games we have a tough schedule. In fact, Southend at home apart, I'd go as far as to say that the next two are possibly the 'easiest' fixtures we have left - against teams in the bottom half, at home.

So given that we'll probably struggle for the remainder of the season (what's new? I hear you all cry...) it makes the next two, for me, 100% must win games.

Believe it or not, I'm genuinely not looking for fault in everything he does. I would be the happiest man alive if he proved me and everyone else wrong by getting it right and turning us round. I WANT to give him the benefit of the doubt and believe in the guy, but then he comes out with stuff like this?? It's tantamount to jacking one into the chamber and asking people to take their best shot!!!

its the fact he said,planning for next season what piss*d folk off,ah well say hello to1500 season ticket sales if that spud is still hear next season,how can the next 2 games not be a must 6 points has he seen the run in after them we never cross the halfway line when we play anyone in the top half of the table with his negative tacticts...

I think you missed the point.

Try thinking about what you would say if he hadn't sadi something along those lines, or even something completely opposite to them.

DP "Well I don't think I'll be here next season, but I'm working as hard as I can to get the team up the league"

Now, what would you have said to that one? "Ok Dave, fair enough" ??

Believe it or not, I'm genuinely not looking for fault in everything he does. I would be the happiest man alive if he proved me and everyone else wrong by getting it right and turning us round. I WANT to give him the benefit of the doubt and believe in the guy, but then he comes out with stuff like this?? It's tantamount to jacking one into the chamber and asking people to take their best shot!!!

Agree with all of this. He's certainly testing those fans that still support him. If he doesn't view these as "must win", with what attitude does he go into the matches against Saints and Charlton?

'start planning for next season'

These games are must win Dave if you want to even remotely have a chance to still be in a job come may.

We will be planning for next season....but with Jim Gannon in charge, you won't be when we have 1000 season ticket holders come june.

BYE DAVE you prize A Prick!!

How he can't say they are must win games sums the guy up - in his own little Doncaster bubble. We want to get safe = need points = need wins = must win games.

I'm wasting my breath

Whatever Dave....................

But how many prizes does he prick? I hope it isn't just the one like you suggest, we haven't pricked more than one prize since November, or is that prized more than one prick? I can't remember. Either way, DP out!

I'm still looking for the bit where he said he'd rather lose the matches ad get sacked. He made the correct point that they just aren't, "must win." The might be, "by God it would be good if we won." but that's not a good headline. Why put more pressure on the players?

Ah, the unmentioned happy to win games.

I'd take 4 points and be okay with it. But, carry on as it appears to be beating stick season and you can pick any.

You know how they have those blokes selling scarfs outside most big grounds, well maybe we could have a stall where we sell OAFC sticks, could even have DP's face on. I need capital to get it off the ground, you in?

I think you missed the point.

Try thinking about what you would say if he hadn't sadi something along those lines, or even something completely opposite to them.

DP "Well I don't think I'll be here next season, but I'm working as hard as I can to get the team up the league"

Now, what would you have said to that one? "Ok Dave, fair enough" ??

i would have cracked open a few beers,and told the mrs to forget her shopping plans for next season because im renewing my season ticket :grin:

we will stay up and i think penney will get it right in the summer!! if we do get rid who do we get??

gannon= would be my choice if we had to get rid of dp but i doubt he would come. he will be back at county imo.

johnson= out of our range

mark cooper= didnt do well at posh but pressure was on him another manager who would waste a few years of his life because some people cant accept it takes time

anyone else???