protest march

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pack his bags?

He has a contract, we may not all like it but he does.

We need all the experience we can get in every quarter of the club for the next 10 games !!

Letting, Penney, Collett and Gray go now isn't the answer imo.

Once we know we are safe or ....... I cant say it, :disappointed: Then the club have to make the decision.

On paper Penney is a good manager, some people perform differently under different pressures.

We need all the experience we can get in every quarter of the club for the next 10 games !!

Once we know we are safe or ....... I cant say it, :disappointed: Then the club have to make the decision.

On paper Penney is a good manager, some people perform differently under different pressures.

Spot on Wardle.

Penney is a good manager on paper when he has considerable backing behind him which is what he had at Doncaster and at Darlington for his 1st season. He has never achieved any sort of success when on a strict budget like ours.

Penney is a good manager on paper when he has considerable backing behind him which is what he had at Doncaster and at Darlington for his 1st season. He has never achieved any sort of success when on a strict budget like ours.

Agree thats why I mentioned ....

I think I probably agree with most of that.

I don't think half a dozen people and a dog marching is particularly helpful either.

My preference would be that Penney gets the team playing attractive and attacking football for large chunks of a game. Not just the last 10 minutes when a win is beyond the team.

but he hasn't finished yet ...judge him after and onlyafter he has finished his contract ,very few managers become instant hits within the first year ...next year it could be completly different...tick tock tick tock..that's whats needed :grin: :grin: :grin:

Fully agree with you there rick, the time to sack Penney this season has been and gone.

But as soon as we are either safe or relegated, in my opinion he has to be relieved of his duties. This is not a personal vendetta against Penney like it is with some, but it just hasn't worked out for either party and I believe both Penney and the club would benefit from a parting of ways at the end of the season, regardless of what division we are in.

but he hasn't finished yet ...judge him after and onlyafter he has finished his contract ,very few managers become instant hits within the first year ...next year it could be completly different...tick tock tick tock..that's whats needed :grin: :grin: :grin:

Agreed. Football has gone horribly wrong so much so its got to a point when managers don't even get a season before they are judged as being :censored:. As for a protest march to get him sacked? Get real!

Agreed. Football has gone horribly wrong so much so its got to a point when managers don't even get a season before they are judged as being :censored:. As for a protest march to get him sacked? Get real!

Have you actually seen the group though and the people signed up? I think you could probably count the number of people over the age of 15 on one hand

I accept that to achieve success it takes time and I expected to be no where near the playoffs this season. What I didn't expect was the constant :censored: that has been served up this season. The majority of signings have been poor ( loans included ) and no signs to encouage us that there is light at the end of the tunnel either.

Whilst I understand that he has another 12 months on his contract you have to take a look at the bigger picture. Is penney the man for the job? well the 2000 fans we have lost in the 8 months this season tell you the answer you need to know.