protest march

Have you actually seen the group though and the people signed up? I think you could probably count the number of people over the age of 15 on one hand

I haven't actually looked at the group but yep i can imagine that being the case as it is with most of the "penney out" groups on facebook. Kids that no f*** all about football!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I accept that to achieve success it takes time and I expected to be no where near the playoffs this season. What I didn't expect was the constant :censored: that has been served up this season. The majority of signings have been poor ( loans included ) and no signs to encouage us that there is light at the end of the tunnel either.

Whilst I understand that he has another 12 months on his contract you have to take a look at the bigger picture. Is penney the man for the job? well the 2000 fans we have lost in the 8 months this season tell you the answer you need to know.

debating having my own protest march......from pub to pub and not bother going watching Penney's pillocks again. Bored with it, it really is that bad with me now.

debating having my own protest march......from pub to pub and not bother going watching Penney's pillocks again. Bored with it, it really is that bad with me now.

im with you oafcprozac,go on the lash and leave the season ticket in the house,i cant face another home game watchin dp stareing at the grass playin with his balls an havin a laugh with the opposite manager,he is a totall joke and allways will be,fair shout to the ones who want to protest,everyones had enough bar 5% on this forum <_<

Drewy who set up the page.

He's the lad who Gatesy told to shut the f*ck up and get behind the team against Brighton. He went like a terrified puppy and didnt say a word till he got back behind his computer.

The lemon probably wont even be there at his own march. He'll be too busy drinking in the Carters with his 15 year old mates.

The lads a tool.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

I hope someone videos this, nobody but them would realise they were on a protest, they would just think it was a group of kids being a bit noisier than usual walking to the game. It could become a classic of modern-art-house cinema. Are they protesting to themselves, or to the world, or is it all a dream?

Penney is a good manager on paper when he has considerable backing behind him which is what he had at Doncaster and at Darlington for his 1st season. He has never achieved any sort of success when on a strict budget like ours.

Bit like Talbot I think, success at Rushden with the Doc Martin cash but failure when the revenue stream dried up.

He has a contract, we may not all like it but he does.

We need all the experience we can get in every quarter of the club for the next 10 games !!

Letting, Penney, Collett and Gray go now isn't the answer imo.

Once we know we are safe or ....... I cant say it, :disappointed: Then the club have to make the decision.

On paper Penney is a good manager, some people perform differently under different pressures.

Clueless :blink:

Only just heard about the protest, but it seems more like a kiddie march rather than a proper organized protest.

That said, I am genuinely amazed at the number of supporters / pro-Penney fans we still have! What the hell are you lot seeing that the rest of us aren't? The guy is a clueless pillock, who doesn't have a Plan A let alone a Plan B. He doesn't consider winning games all that important and is devoid of any emotion whatsoever on the touchline, preferring to play with his bollocks rather than try anything tactical to switch things around on the pitch!

Love Oldham, Hate Penney - Sack Him NOW!

Only just heard about the protest, but it seems more like a kiddie march rather than a proper organized protest.

That said, I am genuinely amazed at the number of supporters / pro-Penney fans we still have! What the hell are you lot seeing that the rest of us aren't? The guy is a clueless pillock, who doesn't have a Plan A let alone a Plan B. He doesn't consider winning games all that important and is devoid of any emotion whatsoever on the touchline, preferring to play with his bollocks rather than try anything tactical to switch things around on the pitch!

Hey Latics4ever I am now totally indifferent to the man now TBH. But today the Club need the points to stay in this division - not the manager, or the players as they come and go but our club.

If your going to BP today and just for today's game only if you can muster a song of support for the club that would be great. Well at least until we let one in I suppose

So if you hear "we love you Oldham" do you think you can join in? If not I understand at least if your walking through the turnstyles then you'll do for me.

The sun is coming out and we need 4 goals, "we want 4....."

See you there

Silly talk IMHO Latics4Ever. Penney seems like a decent bloke who has been let down by his players and injuries.

I would agree that he struggles with changing the team around and appears to be punching above his weight in League One but as for this season, the bigger picture is that a new manager would take too long to get to know the players and the upheaval of changing managers now would possibly kill off our survival hopes anyway.

Well I can't see many pro penney posters on here even I want shot of him now and I back every manager. The reason being not his supposed lack of passion I don't believe if he started waving his arms up and down like a maniacit would necessarily make him a great manager its more to do with the quality of his signing, which apart from Pav Abbot have been a massive dissapointments. This has culminated in poor results that he has delivered and the football he has served up has been woeful, its embarrassing that in April we still haven't seen the scoreline Oldham 3 at anytime this season.

Oh and the protest march will just look pathetic. Their is a time to shout and call for the managers head and that will be at the end of the game and if we have lost.

Edited by GlossopLatic

there was between 20 and 25 fans at the Protest start venue today.

Hopefully the walk down to B.P and their drink of vimto will get them in a more positive mood so they back the team while the game is on

i had a drive past to see how many were there, i thought maybe 50 would turn up, very happy with only 20 or so turning up, it looked absolutely pathetic and helps the team how exactly? the oldest guy there was about 16 it says it all really.

there was between 20 and 25 fans at the Protest start venue today.

Hopefully the walk down to B.P and their drink of vimto will get them in a more positive mood so they back the team while the game is on

Hopefully breaking the illusion to the poor lambs that Facebook is the centre of the universe and anyone is bothered by it.

so 10% of whom say they might or would march turn up.

How many will lose interest half way and get the bus...

Because many can see the problems at the club don't lay directly at the feet of the manager, and it would be pointless getting another manager in when in 6 months time the same accusations will be thrown at him when things don't go right.

i had a drive past to see how many were there, i thought maybe 50 would turn up, very happy with only 20 or so turning up, it looked absolutely pathetic and helps the team how exactly? the oldest guy there was about 16 it says it all really.

don't knock em they have the welfare of there club at heart as well as us ...younger people do different things than older people...and that's a fact :grin:

don't knock em they have the welfare of there club at heart as well as us ...younger people do different things than older people...and that's a fact :grin:

they have the welfare of the club at heart? i disagree with these younger generation fans, how is singing for penneys head before a match even starts going to help us stay up? you get some clowns who refuse to celebrate a latics goal while DP is in charge ffs.

Hopefully breaking the illusion to the poor lambs that Facebook is the centre of the universe and anyone is bothered by it.

so 10% of whom say they might or would march turn up.

How many will lose interest half way and get the bus...

be interesting to see if they still continue with it down at bp...what did they say,there not going into the ground..

i dont like penny,his tactics or how he motivates his teams....i have had enough now...but i love my football club,and the last thing i want to do is walk away today after another defeat,because we lose today,were as good as down...

i will turn up and try to encourage as always,but if the team dont perform and cant be bothered,i wont bother again while he is in charge..sad but thats where i am at right now

they have the welfare of the club at heart? i disagree with these younger generation fans, how is singing for penneys head before a match even starts going to help us stay up? you get some clowns who refuse to celebrate a latics goal while DP is in charge ffs.

well they turn up week in and week out for a starter which is more than a lot of moaning minnies on here do ...didn't your testerone play havoc with you in your youth.. :grin: :grin:

well they turn up week in and week out for a starter which is more than a lot of moaning minnies on here do ...didn't your testerone play havoc with you in your youth.. :grin: :grin:

too true, they pay there money and are entitled to their opinions even if they are blatantly wrong. it just really gets me why you would sing for the managers head before a game even starts, hardly fills the players up with confidence does it, like taylor said the players are scared to touch the ball incase they get a load of abuse and rightly so, its about time oafc fans woke up and got behind the side instead of moaning for the managers head every time we do something wrong, its down to the players as much as it is down to penney. then at the end of the season i dont care what the fans do, as long as oafc stay up thats all that matters.

Edited by daniel

Drew GOT PROPER DONE OVER TODAY!! MADE TO LOOK LIKE A PROPER FOOL!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

He sent me a nice message for slagging him off on here. Funny really since he's the one since October saying I should watch my back at Latics. :lol::lol::lol:

After what you told us in the pub you should :grin: