So what are people's thoughts on the last seven games?

It was a stage of the season that clearly was of huge importance. Seven teams all in a similar position. Three wins, two draws and two losses, nine goals for (only failing to find the back of the net in one of them) and eight against (three clean-sheets). So that's eleven points from twenty-one, and three off the dropzone with a game in hand.

Nevermind the performances, because at this stage of the season and in our position, they're not important, are people happy with the points return?

Given the teams we played and the fact five of the games were played at Boundary Park, I'm not that happy with eleven points. However, teams are fighting, so I'm taking that into consideration.

It was a stage of the season that clearly was of huge importance. Seven teams all in a similar position. Three wins, two draws and two losses, nine goals for (only failing to find the back of the net in one of them) and eight against (three clean-sheets). So that's eleven points from twenty-one, and three off the dropzone with a game in hand.

Nevermind the performances, because at this stage of the season and in our position, they're not important, are people happy with the points return?

Given the teams we played and the fact five of the games were played at Boundary Park, I'm not that happy with eleven points. However, teams are fighting, so I'm taking that into consideration.

We need a 'surprise' win on our travels.......trouble is this season we don't do surprise wins.

The last seven have been fine...not great but we've picked up points (and in doing so have taken them off our rivals).

The big games are the home games against Bristol and Southend. Win those two and I think we'll be fine...can't see us losing the other six so an extra couple of points here and there should see us home.

When you put it "a team in trouble with 11 points from 21, failing to score in 1 of 9 with 3 clean sheets againts teams around them" i'd be happy with it. But we shouldn't be in that situation and the performances were dreadfully boring to go with it.

We are far from safe IMO, we scrambled past a poor Gillingham team on Saturday by the absolute minimum margin in terms of both scoreline and performance.

I think we will need to pick up at least 4 points from the home games v Bristol rovers and Southend.

I don't see us picking up much away from home and any single point would be very welcome at Yeovil or Carlisle.

Certainly wouldn't want to go into the last game against Charlton needing anything to stay up.

I still fear the worst but hope I'm wrong. We are tight in the amount of goals we concede but we are still struggling to score. Unless Pav scores I often wonder where a goal is coming from. Lets hope Guy has got a boost from scoring on Saturday. One good sign is Kirk Millar's performances because he will create chances with his passion.

In my other post 51 pts would have seen us safe in the last 10 years, and 50 pts 99% of the times.

So 2 wins and we are pretty sure to be safe. 1 pt each game (but don't tell DP that!!!)

2 wins and as TD says that may be best to target BR & Southend

When you put it "a team in trouble with 11 points from 21, failing to score in 1 of 9 with 3 clean sheets againts teams around them" i'd be happy with it. But we shouldn't be in that situation and the performances were dreadfully boring to go with it.

I love this "we shouldn't be in this position" rubbish...

Budget fit for competing with Dale, Bradford and Udders' reserves

A league of 17 southern teams

10 injured players at one point

Was near playoffs in Sept - hit tough run of fixtures in Oct & Nov (with said injuries)

Could barely grace a football pitch in Dec & Jan

Tough run of games again in Feb (Swindon, Norwich, Leeds, Colchester etc)

March - copious games in hand (4 in hand of some teams) looking up the table...

Anybody who thinks the above are all excuses, quite frankly are deluded

Then....

"a team in trouble with 11 points from 21, failing to score in 1 of 9 with 3 clean sheets againts teams around them"

Will take that! Another 2 wins and we're safe.

I think our saving grace this season could be that there are worse teams than us. Although I wasnt at BP on sat my bro said they were far worse than us, and I would have definitely saud from what I have seen that both Tranmere and Leyton Orient are also far worse than us.

I think if (and this is a big if) we can pick up wins at home to bristol rovers and southend, and a point at carlisle and yeovil away, then that might just be enough.

Really don't want to go into the final game needing points to stay up.

But I think if we do stay up this season, we ought to consider ourselves extremely lucky

I am worried also looking at the fixtures I can only see us getting another 5 points the way we are playing.

Hope i am wrong but it doesnt look good.

we need 7 points from these games, bristol rovers southend and yeovil. this will be enough. 50 points

It's all very well trying to pick out where we will pick up points from our remaining games and how the other teams in our position will fair in their games.

However, football just isn't like that. Orient who have been abysmal for weeks are currently winning at Southampton, Stockport drew level with Norwich a short while ago before falling behind again, whilst on Friday Tranmere despatched top of the league Norwich 3-1 and on Saturday, Exeter saw off top 6 side Colchester. And it wasn't long ago that Brentford went to Leeds and took home a point.

The point is results come where you don't expect them. It's like us beating United in the Premier league when we were bottom and they were top, or us winning at Villa on the penultimate weekend when they were 2nd.

There are so many teams fighting for something that you are never certain of anything. Take Orient, on the 2nd February they were comfortable in 11th place on 34 points and clearly thought they were relatively safe as they were 8 points clear of us who at the time were 4th bottom. Since then they have won just once in 11 games.

It's better to take the attitude using the old adage of 1 game at a time. Hopefully DP is doing that and focussing solely on tomorrow night and trying to take something from the game.

It's all very well trying to pick out where we will pick up points from our remaining games and how the other teams in our position will fair in their games.

However, football just isn't like that. Orient who have been abysmal for weeks are currently winning at Southampton, Stockport drew level with Norwich a short while ago before falling behind again, whilst on Friday Tranmere despatched top of the league Norwich 3-1 and on Saturday, Exeter saw off top 6 side Colchester. And it wasn't long ago that Brentford went to Leeds and took home a point.

The point is results come where you don't expect them. It's like us beating United in the Premier league when we were bottom and they were top, or us winning at Villa on the penultimate weekend when they were 2nd.

There are so many teams fighting for something that you are never certain of anything. Take Orient, on the 2nd February they were comfortable in 11th place on 34 points and clearly thought they were relatively safe as they were 8 points clear of us who at the time were 4th bottom. Since then they have won just once in 11 games.

It's better to take the attitude using the old adage of 1 game at a time. Hopefully DP is doing that and focussing solely on tomorrow night and trying to take something from the game.

Aye, on the plus side, our fate is in our own hands,