• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No ability in front of goal.

No threat in front of goal.

No killer instinct in front of goal.

No fecking goals in front of fecking goal.

They'd all come before luck.

I listened to a proper football match first half, considered tuning in second half but decided Control, the seminal biopic of Ian Curtis showing tonight on Film4 would be more uplifting.

I listened to a proper football match first half, considered tuning in second half but decided Control, the seminal biopic of Ian Curtis showing tonight on Film4 would be more uplifting.

control any good?

On my way home... There was a lot of effort tonight, hussled them in midfield, played the ball around well but as soon as it went wide it slowed down. I'm encouraged by what I saw but if we play teams who can score goals we lose, we just didn't shoot. Lee's first booking was very soft too. Play like that on Saturday we may just nick it 1-0. The lads looked shattered at the end.

control any good?

Yeah, once you get past how much Sam Riley looks like Pete Doherty it's a very good film. Wish i'd stuck the DVD on instead of listening to the match, it would have been a more entertaining way of experiencing grim anticipation of an inevitable tragic ending.

no yellow for gregan tho so one positive just one more game sean

although by the sounds of it tonight he could do with the rest, maybe he should have kicked someone up in the air to get a 2-match break. And give our fans something to laugh at.

seen the film , got the DVD and the Cd. they have all got many qualities, uplifting is not one of them...

you should listen to the CT interview on Radio Manchester, barrel of laughs.

Edited by astottie

On my way home... There was a lot of effort tonight, hussled them in midfield, played the ball around well but as soon as it went wide it slowed down. I'm encouraged by what I saw but if we play teams who can score goals we lose, we just didn't shoot. Lee's first booking was very soft too. Play like that on Saturday we may just nick it 1-0. The lads looked shattered at the end.

3 shots on and 4 off first half according to BBC text, Just got to say well done for making that trip, makes me embarassed that i couldn't get there from greenfield. take care and safe trip home. I will be back up there for the festival in the summer.

Anyone know what the attendance was?

Which is 11,000 more than Saturday...y'see, win at home increased our attendance by 300%. It's all about the winning, and now we've lost, I'd expect the attendance this Saturday to drop back down to the 3,500 mark.

Edited by Bring Back Ronnie Moore

Anyone know what the attendance was?

14000 something, 600 ish from oldham.

Played the best I've seen us play in the first half. Good passing. Creative. Battling and desperately unlucky not to score. Then we lose one to more shoddy defending from hazell. Second half pretty much a non event until near the end when lee was sent off harshly. I only remember him making two fouls all game and he got booked for both of them. A lot of pressure from us at the end but not really looking like scoring then they score on the break. Surely taking Abbott off for Colbeck can't have been a tactical substitution. Was he injured?

Which is 11,000 more than Saturday...y'see, win at home increased our attendance by 300%. It's all about the winning, and now we've lost, I;d expect the attendance this Saturday to drop back down to the 3,500 mark.

Typical. The drops in attendances following defeats at Norwich and Leeds were disgusting.

Edited by jsslatic

Think I heard in the background on Latics World that there was 659 Latics there. Not sure what the total was.

Think it was 589, really cant fault that performance tonight full of effort, we actually had a go at them and made them look second best, well done to penney for trying a new formation and putting players in there correct position!!!! I can accept defeat when we put in 90 minutes of graft, just wish we had been doing that every game this season.

Think I heard in the background on Latics World that there was 659 Latics there. Not sure what the total was.

from memory it was around 14,500. As an aside was listening to Radio Leeds on the way back and we were getting a lot of compliments. A few said we were one of the best teams they had seen all season.

Encouraged by tonights perfomance. Definitely deserved a point at least.

In a nutshell - Hit the bar at 0-0 just after Hazell had a free header which he sent straight at the keeper. Their goal came in from the wing Hazell headed away and it hit the back of one of our players and fell straight at the feet of Robinson. Great finish to be fair. Thought Lee was unlucky to get sent off both fouls but never two yellows. Second half pretty much the same but Huddersfield did start to come into a bit more. Their second they caught us on the counter after we were pushing for the equaliser. Players looked gutted at the final whistle!

Can't see them going up if they play like that going into the playoffs, much better teams in there, but hard to judge on one game.