It just makes me laugh that when we signed him people were slagging him off before he had even kicked a ball and now he has turned out to be one of the best loan signings we've had in a few years, all those people have suddenly gone quiet. Maybe the lazy :censored: abbott should take note of the effort guy puts in every single game and learn something from him.

It just makes me laugh that when we signed him people were slagging him off before he had even kicked a ball and now he has turned out to be one of the best loan signings we've had in a few years, all those people have suddenly gone quiet. Maybe the lazy :censored: abbott should take note of the effort guy puts in every single game and learn something from him.

think abbott should have gone off earlyer than he did today...how much time does he need to pull the trigger....

I see what your saying but if you look at the flip side we had signed yet another donny player who hadnt scored for years people were bound to criticise

I see what your saying but if you look at the flip side we had signed yet another donny player who hadnt scored for years people were bound to criticise

True, but the criticism came when people had never even seen him play. People were too eager to have a good moan rather than give him a chance.

True, but the criticism came when people had never even seen him play. People were too eager to have a good moan rather than give him a chance.

Don't know if it has been mentioned elsewhere but Donny have agreed to Guy staying for the rest of the season which must be good news after his last 2 home performances

Nature of the beast Im afraid

But what does that mean? It shouldn't be inevitable that a signing is criticised before kicking a ball, particularly a loan signing (who by their very nature are never going to be on-form world-beaters).

Don't know if it has been mentioned elsewhere but Donny have agreed to Guy staying for the rest of the season which must be good news after his last 2 home performances

good stuff. hes had a big impact since he came 2 goals and winning the pen v county. Bit of pace and work rate up top is something we havent had much off. Lets hope he can keep going. and the Warne comparison is pretty good one actually he did an awful lot of hussling and harrying today

But what does that mean? It shouldn't be inevitable that a signing is criticised before kicking a ball, particularly a loan signing (who by their very nature are never going to be on-form world-beaters).

meaning any fan at the time who was a pessimist saw we had signed a player to score goals who hadnt score for ages and had been injured therefore thought it was a :censored: signing

good stuff. hes had a big impact since he came 2 goals and winning the pen v county. Bit of pace and work rate up top is something we havent had much off. Lets hope he can keep going. and the Warne comparison is pretty good one actually he did an awful lot of hussling and harrying today

i agree excellent news..phew!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's harsh on Abbott. If there's one criticism I'd level at him it's that he sometimes doesn't play to the whistle...in goalscoring opportunities he'll end up appealing for something and missing out on a ball that suddenly comes loose that he might be able to get on the end to. But they're occasional incidents. He's not lazy.

That's harsh on Abbott. If there's one criticism I'd level at him it's that he sometimes doesn't play to the whistle...in goalscoring opportunities he'll end up appealing for something and missing out on a ball that suddenly comes loose that he might be able to get on the end to. But they're occasional incidents. He's not lazy.

id go with that as well. ala last home game when he got a shove in the box and stopped and was looking at the ref for a pen which would never have been given. People were having a do at him today for not doing anything when the ball was 20ft in the air - what exacly was he sposed to do - some people just want to moan about something

Yeah, that's understandable razza. Just bothers me sometimes that some fans are so ready to get on a player's back without justification.

Oh aye I totally understand , I remember 15 minutes into Smalleys debut a guy behind me shouted your :censored: smalley get off :ranting:

From what we've seen Guy has had a very positive effect on our performances and if it continues I can't see any reason for why we wouldn't go in to sign him. Abbott today was crap and I'm not slagging him off but with the chances he had today he should have worked their goalie a lot more than he did. It's finally good to see us having chances up front though. First half today I thought that a 0-0 draw was inevitable with few chances from both sides. I was glad to see Taylor taken off as he's been shocking this season and sometimes its like playing with 10 men. 2nd half we got it on the wings and from it created more chances. I was so happy to see Smalley bag the winner as it will boost his confidence in what has been a poor season for him.

I was glad to see Taylor taken off as he's been shocking this season and sometimes its like playing with 10 men.

Could be wrong, but I reck he was taken off cos he was injured. He was out during the half time period, maybe seeing if he could play on through the second half.

Anyway, back on topic....reck Guy's been a decent signing. Not sure how long he's got on his contract at Donny, but it's over at the end of the season, I wouldn't mind seeing him here longer term. Apart from Abbot and Lewi, not like we've got much else.

Agree Lewis Guy as done well for Latics since arriving with only one game where I would say he was poor through out. The criticism of Abbott is a little harsh to be fair. Sure he's not been at his best of late but he's always our best threat and his goals column proves that.

Here we go again........Abbotts the fall guy now........priceless - you my friend are a feckin retard

Nothing against Guy, he always puts a shift in and I hope we can secure him for the rest of the season but learn from Guy........you have been on the weed mate. Although Abbot has not been at his best recently, he does what all target men do and may I add with a bit of finess too - Besides Gregan, he has been the player of the season you nugget.................but lets face it you wouldn't be a Tic if you didn't have something to complain about!!

It make me piss how people all need a fall guy nowadays and to pick Abbott, well feck me we are scrapping the barrell..........go back to watching prem football......I hear Berbatov is not needed at Manure.

id go with that as well. ala last home game when he got a shove in the box and stopped and was looking at the ref for a pen which would never have been given. People were having a do at him today for not doing anything when the ball was 20ft in the air - what exacly was he sposed to do - some people just want to moan about something

I mentioned the other week when Millar started for the first time and he let a pass go under his foot and out for a throw. Guy a few rows back from me called him a effin knob. I wonder why some people come and what they think they are going to contribute to the players performance and development

Here we go again........Abbotts the fall guy now........priceless - you my friend are a feckin retard

Nothing against Guy, he always puts a shift in and I hope we can secure him for the rest of the season but learn from Guy........you have been on the weed mate. Although Abbot has not been at his best recently, he does what all target men do and may I add with a bit of finess too - Besides Gregan, he has been the player of the season you nugget.................but lets face it you wouldn't be a Tic if you didn't have something to complain about!!

It make me piss how people all need a fall guy nowadays and to pick Abbott, well feck me we are scrapping the barrell..........go back to watching prem football......I hear Berbatov is not needed at Manure.

You need to take a chill pill pal. To be honest i aint got a clue what you're ranting on about. Who said i was looking for a fall guy? When i said abbott should learn something from guy i was referring to the effort guy puts in not necessarily the skill or other attributes he possesses. I'm fully aware that abbott has been one of our best players this season, i just feel that sometimes he does not look interested and always wants the ball to his feet and if it isn't straight to his feet then he's not prepared to chase after it. Not really looking for a fall guy am i? Tool.

just because his opinion is that Abbot is lazy doesnt make him a "feckin retard" its his opinion...

i dont think anybody is making him a fall guy....

i would suggest he is in need of a rest personally...he has had a stop start season and since coming back from last injury has looked a little sluggish....

maybe once we are safe from going down young eaves will start a few games instead,so pav can get back to full fitness and ready to go for next season....