Carlisle v Latics Post Game Thread

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that felt like hard work didn't it....still, 4 more points than i was expecting us to get at Franchise and Carlisle.

For the love of God, Dave, sign Guy up. And don't bring him off when he's creating all our chances and we're only 1 goal up.

Its a great result and well done the boys,we've hot form at just the right time.With everyone else winning we really needed those3 points today.

Southend are all but down so i guess stockport aside we couldnt wish for a better opponent next week.

Might sound contoversial but id rest abbott on tues,he looks tired and out of form,we need him back on all cylanders next sat.

Might sound contoversial but id rest abbott on tues,he looks tired and out of form,we need him back on all cylanders next sat.

Nonsense, we're playing well and picking up points, long may it continue. No need to change anything.

+ 1

he's clearly out of sorts/not fit,playing him at the moment just seems to be damaging his confidence. I can't see us getting anything at Southampton so play Gregan up front and Whitaker at the back for a laugh, see what happens.

How high could we finish this season with a bit of luck? 14th?

Good result and a good haul from the last 3 games. Starting to look like a half decent side - interesting to see how DP improves things for next season, good platform to build from.

Guy looks very good - however has he done enough to get kept at a Championship level?

+ 1

he's clearly out of sorts/not fit,playing him at the moment just seems to be damaging his confidence. I can't see us getting anything at Southampton so play Gregan up front and Whitaker at the back for a laugh, see what happens.

I reckon the team will be at the airport. I'm anticipating getting a game.

Guy looks very good - however has he done enough to get kept at a Championship level?

I'm guessing if he is being loaned out at the end of his contract by an average Division 2 side who will receive nothing for him if they just let him go, that there's an easy answer to that one.

Good display in the second half and never-say-die defending by Greegs (again) and Rubes when Carlisle were bombarding our pen box. When Greegs late on was shepherding the ball into touch, he misjudged its pace and allowed Carlisle striker to cross, but Rubes was there to head the ball straight back to Greegs which he cleared to safety. Great clinical finish by Guy and Stephens, after a boring and frankly dismal first half.

Good turnout by tics, not big but vocal, and good banter with home fans sitting across the netting about 20 yards away.

Funny to see Penny helping with pre-match warm-up! Like at MK, whole team and coaching staff came over after final whistle to acknowledge our support, which was good to see.

He received a blow in the first half and, after treatment, carried on. Clearly was in discomfort so had to be subbed early in the second. Shame, as he was playing well. But Paul Black slotted in and gave a good account of himself.

Edited by Fyldelatic

The commentary team on LP alluded to injury.

I don't think I've every type the word "allude" before. Is my spelling ok?

Poifect.

He received a blow in the first half

Some people have all the luck.

He received a blow in the first half and, after treatment, carried on. Clearly was in discomfort so had to be subbed early in the second. Shame, as he was playing well. But Paul Black slotted in and gave a good account of himself.

I wasn't too sad to see him go off today (injury aside) as we needed to change something down the right side. I felt :censored: was getting skinned every time their winger got the ball.

Enjoyed it today, some good banter in the crowd too.

How high could we finish this season with a bit of luck? 14th?

Good result and a good haul from the last 3 games. Starting to look like a half decent side - interesting to see how DP improves things for next season, good platform to build from.

We could get in the top half of the table.

I wasn't too sad to see him go off today (injury aside) as we needed to change something down the right side. I felt :censored: was getting skinned every time their winger got the ball.

Enjoyed it today, some good banter in the crowd too.

Agreed. Lee & smalley combined well too. Much better from deano today.

Apart from one error , Greegs immense.

Scrappy first half, windy and hard pich, but better in second.

Thought instead of "what do you get" its "what do you do with them"

Good grief how old are you two?About 16 LOL.I was singing that at sheddings watching rugby about 25 years ago.

:grin:

Edited by rigsby