Congratulations Rochdale on Promotion

Difference between League One and Two is relatively small - number of back to back promotions back this up.

Odds on Dale finishing above us?

LOL i see people are assuming we are safe.We are not safe and a couple of defeats could leave us right back in the sh...

Am i right in thinking that with 'Dale up and us being safe, at least we should be, that we now become the side to have been in any division the longest?

Everton have been in the top flight for over 100 consecutive years, Arsenal (and possibly Villa) have been there since WWII too, not to metion all the teams who are ever present in the Premier League. Football League wise you might be right but how long have Shrewsbury, Lincoln and Barnet been in the bottom division?

Everton have been in the top flight for over 100 consecutive years, Arsenal (and possibly Villa) have been there since WWII too, not to metion all the teams who are ever present in the Premier League. Football League wise you might be right but how long have Shrewsbury, Lincoln and Barnet been in the bottom division?

Villa dropped to the 2nd division to play against us in either 86 or 87!

I'm not going mad then. Was it 87?

Villa relegated along with Man City and Leicester in May '87, promoted in May '88 Behind Champions Millwall, Villa beat us 1-0 a BP we won 2-1 at Villa Park on Easter Monday '88 thanks to a late winner from Frankie Bunn.

I'm not going mad then. Was it 87?

Villa relegated along with Man City and Leicester in May '87, promoted in May '88 Behind Champions Millwall, Villa beat us 1-0 a BP we won 2-1 at Villa Park on Easter Monday '88 thanks to a late winner from Frankie Bunn, Tommy Wright scored our first goal.

If he is 8 years old then he is the only 8 year old doctor I know

Have you not seen the well known documentary Dougie Howser MD? :wink:

... as for Rochdale, yes, well done and all that. More interested in Notts County coming up TBH. Could be interesting. Get to go to Nottingham for a lash up too. (and yet another bloody ground I seem to remember never winning at). Rotherham and Bury coming up would make things interesting too.

Rotherham and the Wendies in the division would mean two trips to sheffield which would make me happy too!! :)