Pinch-me Do & POTS Awards

Was me debut at one of these do's and I was very impressed. Penney is actually a decent bloke, was speaking to him for quite a while. Penney In.

What he have to say?

Highlight of the night? Joe's anecdote about the (sadly) absent Roger Palmer.

The Dodger didn't turn up up for training one day, so Joe rang 'home' to see what the problem was. "Hello, it's Joe Royle here from Oldham Athletic, is Roger there please?" Nope, he's not here! "Do you you when he'll be back? (Cue Waltons type conversation) ANYONE SEEN ROGER? Hello? Yes, love i'm still here - He's got appendicitis...phone goes dead............

Three days later Roger returns to training looking a little worse for wear. John Ryan and Paul Atkinson could run for England and had been out injured and been training with Bill Urmson, Joe takes Bill Urmson to one side and says (pointing at Roger) 'Run the bastard into the ground!'

A few hours later, a smug Joe Royle sees a knackered Atkinson and Ryan are back from training, smugly Royle asks Urmson where Roger is? Bill replies, "It's no good Joe, he beasted both of them.......!!!!"

A great story and adds to the enigma of our greatest ever goalscorer!

Cracking story that, getting lifts home, yet no-one ever knew where he lived.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds a great night.

You have to hope that the yopunger players can see that awe and esteem people can be held in rubs of on them.

That they get the desire to achieve, and put the work in.

but you can have great memories.

Most of the current players had left before the celebration part of the night kicked in. They missed the special part. Though Hazell remained cos I saw him outside alone stood near his car that doesn't smack of a pro footballers car at all.

EDIT: Perhaps I shouldn't jump to conclusions. Just because I saw him at the start of the evening getting out of it amd stood near it at the end doesn't mean it's his!

Edited by Lags

Most of the current players had left before the celebration part of the night kicked in. They missed the special part. Though Hazell remained cos I saw him outside alone stood near his car that doesn't smack of a pro footballers car at all.

EDIT: Perhaps I shouldn't jump to conclusions. Just because I saw him at the start of the evening getting out of it amd stood near it at the end doesn't mean it's his!

When he first rolled up for talks in June 2007 he turned up in a Merc with the reg something similar to REU 8EN.

I'd never have guessed it was him :grin:

Just a brilliant night with some great stories, Greegs like a jack in the box with the presentation of awards, some classic slip of the tongue, I'm glad mine is small fry in comparison to what I have heard this morning..... :shock::lol::lol::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It was much better than I expected, saying that, I didn't know what to expect, the squad from 20 years ago were looking in great shape, even though I couldn't find the elusive Dennis Irwin I had a great night....Prozac, you moved faster than our 2 front men put together on Wednesday, good to see so many people enjoying themselves....A big well done to the organisers as well, it was faultless!

L-R

Dunno :unsure:, Rick Holden, Andy Rhodes, Neil Redfearn, Ian Marshall, Jon Hallworth (tubs!), Neil Adams?

Ta. I seem to be similar to Zorrro in names but question answered. Dunno on the left either, wasn't sure on Redfeard or Adams. The man I wanted confirmation on was Jon Hallworth. He comes over to the Isle of Man regularly to see Rick Holden apparently, woman next to me in work also works in a pub in Peel, where he lives. Jon is a Guinness drinker incase anyone wondered!

What he have to say?

Cracking story that, getting lifts home, yet no-one ever knew where he lived.

+1

I wouldn't mind knowing what Mr Penney had to say, given the relationship between him and most of the fans.

I just hope the current staff at the club that were there from owners down to the players were inspired and realised what could be achieved at this club with continuity and everybody being on the same side. Better realationship with the fans.

Simon Corney looked like he had a good night and if ever he needed to see what could be achieved with a lot of faith and continuity, then it was there for all to see last night...

Bloomin' knackered in work today! I was still buzzing though!

I completely agree with that point! I hope they got that into there heads.

Ta. I seem to be similar to Zorrro in names but question answered. Dunno on the left either, wasn't sure on Redfeard or Adams. The man I wanted confirmation on was Jon Hallworth. He comes over to the Isle of Man regularly to see Rick Holden apparently, woman next to me in work also works in a pub in Peel, where he lives. Jon is a Guinness drinker incase anyone wondered!

Thought Hallworth lived in Springhead.

Or are you talking about Holden living in Peel?

Where are you Douglas?

I didn't have me readers on. Who is the chap on the left? It's bugging me.

I know its not Roger or Earl.... :wink:

Could it be Neil Redfern?......its starting to annoy me now

But the background looks like its the pool room of the rilfe range - door to the beer garden...hmmm...is it a sneaky man who got on???/

Yep its defo the rifle range as Marshy is holding up the yellow ball and I normally get my arse kicked by a 7year old on that table every sat before the game so I am use to looking at the piccies on the walls by then

Then again reading the article...could be Norman Kelly?...oooo the mystery deepends.... :huh:

Edited by underdog

Could it be Gary Williams (I don't remember what he looks like) but the article said something about him living in Spain and he's got a tan and hes' about the right size.

No sorry Rude, I have a piccie of gary on the night he wore a silvery suit and a white shirt and...he is still fair haired

29041_386252509844_535719844_3936875_447319_s.jpg

this is starting to really chuff me off.......hmmm....c'mon who are yer!!!!! I am going to stick with Norman Kelly

Edited by underdog

No sorry Rude, I have a piccie of gary on the night he wore a silvery suit and a white shirt and...he is still fair haired

29041_386252509844_535719844_3936875_447319_s.jpg

this is starting to really chuff me off.......hmmm....c'mon who are yer!!!!! I am going to stick with Norman Kelly

Its Chris Blundell

Oldham Chronicle Latics Legends relive Wembley

Just click on the gallery

Its Chris Blundell

Oldham Chronicle Latics Legends relive Wembley

Just click on the gallery

oh chuffing hell!!!!!.......so it is.....thanks Harry I was getting most distressed...lol...and to think I use to fancy him as well too...oophhhs!!!!

In fact note to DP. Can you please sign up some eye candy on the pitch, I like Pav but if the footy is going to be as entertaining as the second half against Southend last week - then I need something to oggle and keep me warm on a cold winters night.....lol....

Maybe Harry Can "fix it fo me????"

I know its not Roger or Earl.... :wink:

Could it be Neil Redfern?......its starting to annoy me now

But the background looks like its the pool room of the rilfe range - door to the beer garden...hmmm...is it a sneaky man who got on???/

Yep its defo the rifle range as Marshy is holding up the yellow ball and I normally get my arse kicked by a 7year old on that table every sat before the game so I am use to looking at the piccies on the walls by then

Then again reading the article...could be Norman Kelly?...oooo the mystery deepends.... :huh:

chris blundell