Post Game Thread Yeovil

Apologies if this has been posted already... but another reason for yesterday might be: "0 - Yeovil Town have not lost a home game to any of the teams currently in the bottom half of League One - W6 D4 L0. Safety."

Courtesy of the great @optajoe

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apologies if this has been posted already... but another reason for yesterday might be: "0 - Yeovil Town have not lost a home game to any of the teams currently in the bottom half of League One - W6 D4 L0. Safety."

Courtesy of the great @optajoe

Hang on, there is twelve teams in the bottom half of the League. Won 6, Drawn 4. What about the other two matches.

Either way, that's no excuse for such an inept display.

Hang on, there is twelve teams in the bottom half of the League. Won 6, Drawn 4. What about the other two matches.

Either way, that's no excuse for such an inept display.

At the time they hadn't played us or Brighton. So that's now 7-4-0.

Again, not an excuse perhaps just a reason.

I feel so sorry fo those who made the trip at all. Last away game of the season is normally a good day out wether your fancy dressing it or not.

Why play unfit players? If it was going to be an "experimental" game and really couldn't be bothered over the points, we should have given the youngsters a run out instead from the start and actually state that 24hrs earlier to give fans the chance to decide to spend their hard earned cash.

there is nothing more dissappointing than seeing a player/team going through the motions.

Tired Lags 6am start!!!, I know your trying to be objective but bloody hell, what time did they use to set off before planes, trains and all. You were there last weds, that team had played 65 games that season and had to play 5 games in 9 days at the end as the FA wouldn't give them an extension.

Its 90 mins, even I could manage to have a stab on a wing for 90mins, I used to play - hated running but hell I knew where the goal was and how to get the ball in the box.

I would rather we voided games that disgrace the shirt. Have we any diginity left?

14 games in 37 days Tracy

31/3 Boro (A) L0-1

4/4 Leicester (A) L0-3

8/4 United (N) D3-3

11/4 United (N) L1-2

13/4 Leeds (H) W3-1

16/4 Plymouth (A) L0-2

18/4 Port Vale (A) L0-2

21/4 West Ham (H) W3-0

24/4 Portsmouth (A) L1-2

29/4 Forest (N) L0-1

1/5 Oxford (H) W4-1

3/5 Wolves (H) D1-1

5/5 Sunderland (A) W3-2

7/5 Bradford (A) D1-1

Look at some of those journeys we had to pack in and we only got the two day extension due to the fact we simply ran out of time...

all i can say is i am glad i left at half time with the other 50 oldham fans back drinkin in the arrows,we had more fun cheerin charltons goal than watchin that shower of :censored:, :angry::angry:

Now doesn't that sum it all up? The product on the pitch was so utterly crap that fans who had travelled all that way gave up at half time. I wish I'd joined them. I've not been one way or t'other about booting Penney during the season, but now I know for certain that he has to go, whatever the cost. TTA can bring in a road sweeper off Sheepfoot Lane or a shop assistant out of Marks & Spencers for all I care as long as they have some idea of how to play attacking football and CARE ABOUT THE CLUB AND ITS FANS.

This pathetic excuse for a manager has, in one season, systematically destroyed the club I have loved for so long and it bloody hurts. I still haven't calmed down after yesterday (finding a flat tyre when we got back to the car didn't help raise spirits much either) to the point where I'm not even sure I'll bother with Player on Saturday and that, my friends, is a ritual I never miss when I can't get to a game.

Maybe I'll calm down by the end of the week, but PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE get this incompetent, uncaring, passionless eejit out of my beloved football club. And, Mr Penney, if you read any of these posts, take heed of what is felt by so many and ride off into the sunset having left your letter of resignation nailed to Simon Corney's door, because there isn't one manager I have felt this way about in my entire Latics supporting life. :ranting:

To the team: Next time you plan on putting on a :censored: show make sure you tell me and I'll save my HARD earned cash, no excuses, no positives no :censored: all, cheers for that Latics.

Paul, plus one. Times a thousand. Then double it. Add an extra 400. And you get to my thoughts!

Set of cast iron wankers!

To the team: Next time you plan on putting on a :censored: show make sure you tell me and I'll save my HARD earned cash, no excuses, no positives no :censored: all, cheers for that Latics.

Sooooo glad I didn't go - had a top day in Manchester and wasn't in the slightest bothered how that shower of :censored: was getting on. I'll be back next season but I hope the club does the decent thing and bins Penney we need a manager who wants to win games and is used to not having a pot to piss in. I've been up and down about Penney all season but he took the piss yesterday with that team selection.

Says it all when I reckon our best two results of the season were 0-0 draws....at Charlton and Southampton.

Our record v the top 6?

P11 W0 D2 L9 F4 A19 scandalous

Last Season?

P12 W5 D4 L3 F21 A17

Pathetic Penney, come on Latics sell me a season ticket, the prices are good value - the product however is not - Sell me next season Corney, me and about 2,000 others - over to you....my £280 is here show what you are going to do to make us competitive - to make us Oldham Athletic again...

After reading views of people who went to the game, and the highlights on footy league show, glad i didnt go.

Sounded like another p*ss poor display,

Now its all well mouthing off on here about DP, but why not put words into action?

Get down to BP next saturday & voice your disapproval then, TTA will see the potential income revenue of fans and how much they care about the club, also if they decide to sack penney, the thousands of pounds made from that game can help pay(not that he deserves it) of contract

No one who was there can say any different regarding the performance, it was poor. However, lets try and find the possible reason for this. All the usual reasons have been posted, lazy, :censored:e, penney's tactics etc, but what about 11+ tired and weary players against 11+ good slept refreshed players needing one win for sure safety?

The losses incurred by Latics are dictating that our players were up at 6 to make the ground for a 4/5 hour journey on a coach to play professional football. I am sorry no club will ever do anything trying to be run that way. Sure had the players all travelled the day before and run up at £3000 hotel bill it wouldn't have guaranteed anything other than what we got, but it's another possible reason ain't it?

Totally accept this Lags. However my 'anger' has absolutely nothing to do with the players or the performance to be honest. Its that Yorkshire idiot. I can accept getting battered, I can accept being poor - I cant accept sending a team out to get beaten, or at the least come away from yeovil ( :censored: ing Yeovil) with a 0-0 draw at best.

A team set out to defend, and then a defensive substitution made at 70 mins when we are 1-0 down. I pity the players, why the :censored: should they put in the effort for a manager who thing scraing a draw is a good result.... and scraping a draw without the intention of attacking.

I pity the players, and I pity us. Get that tosser out of our club.

Totally accept this Lags. However my 'anger' has absolutely nothing to do with the players or the performance to be honest. Its that Yorkshire idiot. I can accept getting battered, I can accept being poor - I cant accept sending a team out to get beaten, or at the least come away from yeovil ( :censored: ing Yeovil) with a 0-0 draw at best.

A team set out to defend, and then a defensive substitution made at 70 mins when we are 1-0 down. I pity the players, why the :censored: should they put in the effort for a manager who thing scraing a draw is a good result.... and scraping a draw without the intention of attacking.

I pity the players, and I pity us. Get that tosser out of our club.

Exactly. I've never known you as angry as yesterday. It was only an hour's drive home for us to stew over. I feel so sorry for those poor souls who had much longer journeys. As I've said earlier, this is the worst I've known since I started supporting the club as a snotty-nosed 5 year old. Whilst we were trying to sort out our flat tyre, the team coach set off and I wanted to drag Penney from it bodily and (politely) explain how much it hurts life long supporters to watch his total ineptitude in action (or, rather, non action).

I wouldn't trust the useless tosspot to manage a team of primary school kids. Am I still angry? You feckin' well bet I am. When we got that magnificent 0-0 at Charlton with another rearguard action, DP was delighted that the Charlton fans were singing "Boring, boring Oldham". Doesn't that tell the story? No intention of going for the throat. As a Charlton fan said to me on the train, "Do you lot ever cross the half way line?"

Not much has changed, has it? Save us going into total meltdown, Mr Incompetent, and hand your bloody notice in first thing tomorrow morning.

Exactly. I've never known you as angry as yesterday. It was only an hour's drive home for us to stew over. I feel so sorry for those poor souls who had much longer journeys. As I've said earlier, this is the worst I've known since I started supporting the club as a snotty-nosed 5 year old. Whilst we were trying to sort out our flat tyre, the team coach set off and I wanted to drag Penney from it bodily and (politely) explain how much it hurts life long supporters to watch his total ineptitude in action (or, rather, non action).

I wouldn't trust the useless tosspot to manage a team of primary school kids. Am I still angry? You feckin' well bet I am. When we got that magnificent 0-0 at Charlton with another rearguard action, DP was delighted that the Charlton fans were singing "Boring, boring Oldham". Doesn't that tell the story? No intention of going for the throat. As a Charlton fan said to me on the train, "Do you lot ever cross the half way line?"

Not much has changed, has it? Save us going into total meltdown, Mr Incompetent, and hand your bloody notice in first thing tomorrow morning.

100% with you my friend. I've just posted this on another thread. I'm that angry I'm going to post it on here too.

Right. I am now 100% in the Penney out camp. In fact, I'll sodding lead it. I'll be the chairman, secretary, cheerleader, kitman, tea-lady whatever. I'm the sodding Kieron Lee of the Penney out campaign.

Why this sudden vocal change? Well, simply I've been reasonably quiet over getting rid of Penney for one simple, obvious reason - who would we get to replace him. Ive come to a simple realisation now - anyone would be better than him. Yesterday I saw him amke a defensive substitution when 1-0 down. Something he did at Huddersfield in the same situation, and in countless other games before. I'm sorry - but there is not one other manager (or player, or supporter, or kitman, or pragramme seller, or gold-fish) that would do that. Junst none. To decide that you would rather 'protect' a 1-0 defeat, rather than attack is a step too far for me.

He simply must go. I dont care who replaces him. Simply as anyone who comes in will have an ethos that to win football matchis is better than losing them. (Well, unless we replace him with rafa benitez). I just cant share a single opinion with how that yorkshire pratt looks at a football match.

This is outside budgets, players or anything. This is simply about football. This is about belief, and believing that you should win football matches. I cannot believe what I saw yesterday, I genuinely cant. As I say, this is not about being :censored:e - I can accept that, its about accepting a manager who believes that lsoing a match 1-0is a good thing. I cant believe that Penney thinks anything else. The eveidence is there.

Ask yourself - do you believe even with a reduced budget Penney is the person to wheel and deal? Is he the right person to choose which players to release and keep? is he the person to get the most out of a undoubtedly poorer team next season? Look at the evidence - he is ing up this club in every way.

I just want someone who will attept to win football matches. Anyone would be better than him, I dont care how inexperienced, untried, unliked, unknown - he will be better than Penney, as surely they cant take pleasure, or be satisfied in losing football games.

Get this man out of our club before it is too late. Penney Out. Now.

Granted I wasn't there, and from the sounds of it I am lucky that was the case, but does this bad result outweigh all the good ones that we've hat arguing d through the last couple of weeks? Not arguing that Penney's tactics aren't overly defensive, and to be honest I'm not a massive fan of his, but as Lags seemed to be suggesting there are other reasons behind this performance. We will not be the only team that puts in an insipid performance over the last couple of games this season when they're already safe...

Granted I wasn't there, and from the sounds of it I am lucky that was the case, but does this bad result outweigh all the good ones that we've hat arguing d through the last couple of weeks? Not arguing that Penney's tactics aren't overly defensive, and to be honest I'm not a massive fan of his, but as Lags seemed to be suggesting there are other reasons behind this performance. We will not be the only team that puts in an insipid performance over the last couple of games this season when they're already safe...

There is such a thing as pride.

Oh, and the higher up the team finishes, the better is for the club, the fans, the finances etc.

Who cares about "other teams"?

Dont care what the Players are doing. You dont make a defensive substitution when you are 1-0 down. That idiot is a danger to our football club.

We could easily have lost at the Saint, We coul have lost to Bristol Rovers, Hell, we could have lost to 9-men of Southend. I know we didnt, so everyone is chuffed. But Penney's tactics in all those games almost lost it for us, and yesterday he was an embarassment.

Get him out. Now.

Well then does the couple of decent results we've had recently outweight the months of dire football leading up to the improvement in form?

I'm not sure how the upturn in form can be seen as Penney getting it right anyway - the games in which we've taken points were more scraped than convincing, largely down to Gregan and Flahaven desperately defending, rather than the team dominating play.

Yeah, the players might be tired, etc, but yesterday's performance wasn't a one-off. Anyone who was at Norwich, pretty much saw the same performance.

Edited by JoeP

Although I agree with most of the post that point at Charlton was well earned.

Err, changing a player in a "defensive" substitution can be tactical. Maybe he thought that by putting on a defensive player we could retain the ball better, begin to dominate the possession and build a base to attack from?

We are toothless, but then we haven't got good enough attacking players...

Maybe he thought that by putting on a defensive player we could retain the ball better, begin to dominate the possession and build a base to attack from?

I don't know what he was thinking, DLV, but it did bollock all for an attacking set up. Dominate possession? We couldn't even hang on to the ball in our own half, let alone get anywhere near the danger area. If you're looking at tactics, have a look at their 3rd goal. No full back within a 20p bus ride of their left winger when he got the ball to cross it in. Why? Because he'd taken Lee off and shoved Whits to RB. The poor sod didn't know where he was, it was at least his 3rd position in the match. Each substitution pushed us further and further back.

Although I agree with most of the post that point at Charlton was well earned.

Only well earned in that we worked bloody hard at keeping it out of our onion bag, whilst threatening very little at the other end. And how many times have we done that, even when we've taken the lead. He was happy with a point at Exeter - thanks to a crap penalty that Brill could have stopped by chucking his cap on it. We were bloody lucky to beat Bristol Rovers and Gillingham at home, clinging on to a 1 goal lead instead of going for broke. We couldn't beat 9 men and a crock against Sarfend. Flahavan & Greegs saved us from an absolute battering at Sarfampton.

The point I'm making is that DP hasn't got the first idea about attractive, attacking football. And he proved yesterday, big time. I'm bloody sure he thinks tactics are little white mints. I have never been so pissed off with Latics in all my years and it's down to a clown.