New Stadium Update

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Manch...icle427401.html

This is what worries me. How can we compete with this?

We simply do not...

The facilities they will be building for 1 billion will have a cost associated with them... I would imagine our facilities will be targeting a different market...

I should also add that there are examples of little business beating big business all the time... You add that personal touch, you go that extra mile and all of a sudden, other business want to work with you and not the big faceless "others"... That said, do I think Latics are a good enough setup to pull that off, not really...

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You play in a niche .... "friendly club", "be involved", "real football that's close to the fans".

Exactly. The fact that the article says that they want to build an art gallery, at Man City's ground, in Miles Platting, suggests that they have no interest in doing this, and would turn the ground into one big corporate box if they could.

We simply do not...

The facilities they will be building for 1 billion will have a cost associated with them... I would imagine our facilities will be targeting a different market...

I should also add that there are examples of little business beating big business all the time... You add that personal touch, you go that extra mile and all of a sudden, other business want to work with you and not the big faceless "others"... That said, do I think Latics are a good enough setup to pull that off, not really...

Exactly- Citeh can have mega millions spent on their fancy new thing and we can spend a fraction of the cost have something different. I don't know what the market is like for 5aside football pitches so it could be that we will struggle to match Citeh's lot (but we ought to be able to do it for cheaper and if it comes down to a stright choice between us and citeh I know which ones the United lot will choose). I'd be highly surprised if citeh's thing has a cinema (don't see a market for it there), it might have some nice bars and what not but its not like we can't have similar too and they'd lie empty. We shouldn't look to compete with Citeh on anything other than the football field- but just because Citeh have something doesn't mean to say we can't have something similar in the same market sector.

Exactly. The fact that the article says that they want to build an art gallery, at Man City's ground, in Miles Platting, suggests that they have no interest in doing this, and would turn the ground into one big corporate box if they could.

Trust me, if they build something, it will be something special, much as it pains me to say it. They just don;t settle for not having the best that money can buy. I just hope that football continues to deft logic at City.

Trust me, if they build something, it will be something special, much as it pains me to say it. They just don;t settle for not having the best that money can buy. I just hope that football continues to deft logic at City.

I hope that enough foreign owners get in charge at Premier:censored: clubs to be able to vote to locate them whereever they want.

See City in your back yard, United in Singapore, Wigan in Bombay Mumbai, and so on.

I'd crap myself laughing.

They have a "value" season ticket next season for £250. Though overall, I think prices are going up.

They have a "value" season ticket next season for £250. Though overall, I think prices are going up.

How does that work -

You can only use it if they are playing crap?

Or maybe you can watch all games but only from the seats furthest from the pitch and can't use the bogs.

How does that work -

You can only use it if they are playing crap?

Or maybe you can watch all games but only from the seats furthest from the pitch and can't use the bogs.

You pay £250 and the club decides where you sit for the season.

Before all your volunteers rush forward - blindly maybe - is it too much to ask what is printed on the leaflets exactly?

It is a leaflet with the date and details of the next consultation meeting for the residents of Failsworth in regards of the New project.

It is a leaflet with the date and details of the next consultation meeting for the residents of Failsworth in regards of the New project.

Thanks, I must have missed the detail on other posts. Or maybe not.

It's not often that Barry Owen is more informative but I've just read his request, at least he's honest about not everyone wanting to get involved as not everyone favours the move.

Thanks, I must have missed the detail on other posts. Or maybe not.

It's not often that Barry Owen is more informative but I've just read his request, at least he's honest about not everyone wanting to get involved as not everyone favours the move.

"Failsworth? No Thanks, it's full of Mancs"

Whereas Oldham is entirely composed of people who have been born and bred there for over 30 years.

Mind you, I'm a latics fan who was born in Colchester (oh my God!) of Manc parents (Holy Christ!), who moved to oldham when he was 4 years old (Immigrant!) and moved to Shaw (not part of Oldham actually) when he was 9, where he lived until he was 18, before spending 5 years away (Midland and South Mcr) then returning to Oldham (hollins - not too far from Failsworth though) and then ending up in arrrggghhh, Failsworth!!!! for the last 15 years.

Such extents of travel must really blow the minds of some fans. But hey, f-ing ho, what the hell am I? I'll just wait for YOU to tell ME what I am in your opinion! Am I a manc, an oldhamer, a southerner or what? Clearly I have no right to any opinion as I do not live within your definition of Oldham; Which is what exactly? Does it exclude Shaw and Royton? Chadderton? Saddleworth?

It's no wonder 2 christian communities in Northern Ireland cannot get along when people living 4/5 miles apart can find so much division on the basis of nothing but bullcrap. Failsworth has NEVER been part of Manchester but HAS BEEN part of OLDHAM MBC for over 35 YEARS. What a sad indictmentof the backward thinking attitude that Oldham is portrayed with.

"Failsworth? No Thanks, it's full of Mancs"

Whereas Oldham is entirely composed of people who have been born and bred there for over 30 years.

Mind you, I'm a latics fan who was born in Colchester (oh my God!) of Manc parents (Holy Christ!), who moved to oldham when he was 4 years old (Immigrant!) and moved to Shaw (not part of Oldham actually) when he was 9, where he lived until he was 18, before spending 5 years away (Midland and South Mcr) then returning to Oldham (hollins - not too far from Failsworth though) and then ending up in arrrggghhh, Failsworth!!!! for the last 15 years.

Such extents of travel must really blow the minds of some fans. But hey, f-ing ho, what the hell am I? I'll just wait for YOU to tell ME what I am in your opinion! Am I a manc, an oldhamer, a southerner or what? Clearly I have no right to any opinion as I do not live within your definition of Oldham; Which is what exactly? Does it exclude Shaw and Royton? Chadderton? Saddleworth?

It's no wonder 2 christian communities in Northern Ireland cannot get along when people living 4/5 miles apart can find so much division on the basis of nothing but bullcrap. Failsworth has NEVER been part of Manchester but HAS BEEN part of OLDHAM MBC for over 35 YEARS. What a sad indictmentof the backward thinking attitude that Oldham is portrayed with.

Hope you feel better after your rant. The comment "No thanks its full of mancs" is a light hearted, but true in my opinion, view of the debate. Your vitriolic rant just about sums up my opposition to the move, just have a look at the SHOUTING and the nastiness behind your comments.

To answer your question what the hell am I? Deluded I'd say sunshine. I'm not going to jump on board the good ship Failsworth just because you and the other sheep can't see what's happening. Shouting and bullying won't make it happen either.

My opposition is based on 2 things

1. Failsworth to me is Manchester. I grew up singing in the Chaddy "We're not part of Manchester" Sorry if thats backward looking but I'm not a hypocrite.

2. Boundary Park was good enough for re-development prior to the housing crash. I'd rather wait than be in a hurry to put money into Corney & Co's pockets so they can bugger off in a few years.

The Legacy of all this will last for decades, maybe longer. There doesn't seem to be an official anti-Failsworth group, perhaps I'll look at starting one.

Thanks!

Hope you feel better after your rant. The comment "No thanks its full of mancs" is a light hearted, but true in my opinion, view of the debate. Your vitriolic rant just about sums up my opposition to the move, just have a look at the SHOUTING and the nastiness behind your comments.

To answer your question what the hell am I? Deluded I'd say sunshine. I'm not going to jump on board the good ship Failsworth just because you and the other sheep can't see what's happening. Shouting and bullying won't make it happen either.

My opposition is based on 2 things

1. Failsworth to me is Manchester. I grew up singing in the Chaddy "We're not part of Manchester" Sorry if thats backward looking but I'm not a hypocrite.

2. Boundary Park was good enough for re-development prior to the housing crash. I'd rather wait than be in a hurry to put money into Corney & Co's pockets so they can bugger off in a few years.

The Legacy of all this will last for decades, maybe longer. There doesn't seem to be an official anti-Failsworth group, perhaps I'll look at starting one.

Thanks!

Oh jeez - the "nastiness", bless your lickle soul. Diddums. There's no nastiness in that response, just a set of questions of your statement. If you can't handle that, get over yourself and stop being so pathetic.

Didn't bother with any of the facts though, did you? "Failsworth is Manchester" - so like I asked, what am I? and what about Chadderton, Shaw and Royton? None of them wanted to be Oldham pre-1974, and Saddleworth? Still doesn't want to be. Where would you put a new ground ??

Your point about BP - well it's got some merit, but it only really works as far as never moving from BP. So you're opposed to any move.

Have you ever thought about the future of Latics? Long term? Can Latics survive by staying at BP or by moving deeper into OMBC, away from the wider population? Would enough people still attend if we stay an "Oldham" club entrenched in traditional areas as crowds drop further and further and we drop through the leagues?

How does that legacy play out?

What I do know is that I will still be a Latics fan and will still support the team. I suspect I'll still have a ST. It's all about lines and where you draw them. As long as Latics are the within OMBC, they are the team of the town. That is good enough for me.

As long as Latics are the within OMBC, they are the team of the town. That is good enough for me.

I am sure having the club of the door step will be good enough for you as well... Or you going to claim your ultra pro stance on Failsworth has nothing to do with where you live :lol:

Oh jeez - the "nastiness", bless your lickle soul. Diddums. There's no nastiness in that response, just a set of questions of your statement. If you can't handle that, get over yourself and stop being so pathetic.

Didn't bother with any of the facts though, did you? "Failsworth is Manchester" - so like I asked, what am I? and what about Chadderton, Shaw and Royton? None of them wanted to be Oldham pre-1974, and Saddleworth? Still doesn't want to be. Where would you put a new ground ??

Your point about BP - well it's got some merit, but it only really works as far as never moving from BP. So you're opposed to any move.

Have you ever thought about the future of Latics? Long term? Can Latics survive by staying at BP or by moving deeper into OMBC, away from the wider population? Would enough people still attend if we stay an "Oldham" club entrenched in traditional areas as crowds drop further and further and we drop through the leagues?

How does that legacy play out?

What I do know is that I will still be a Latics fan and will still support the team. I suspect I'll still have a ST. It's all about lines and where you draw them. As long as Latics are the within OMBC, they are the team of the town. That is good enough for me.

This is deja vu

Failsworth is Manchester to ME, I don't care where you've lived, current boundaries etc I've had that debate on here before. Your other mass assumption is that I wouldn't support ANY move from BP. If it was in Oldham, and we'll differ on what we mean by that, then fine.

By the way don't assume all of Saddleworth wants to be back in Yorkshire, believe you me! And before you say it you wouldn't put a football ground up here anyway!

The failsworth issue for me isn't the OMBC boundaries, its the fact that its Manchester, full of Manc City & Utd fans as far as I'm concerned. I drove through it a few Saturdays ago when Utd had played a lunchtime game, they were still in with a shout of the title. The pubs were going mental then, just on the outside full of Reds. I suppose you don't ever see that?

Failsworth is Manchester to ME, I don't care where you've lived, current boundaries etc I've had that debate on here before. Your other mass assumption is that I wouldn't support ANY move from BP. If it was in Oldham, and we'll differ on what we mean by that, then fine.

By the way don't assume all of Saddleworth wants to be back in Yorkshire, believe you me! And before you say it you wouldn't put a football ground up here anyway!

Equally don't assume that all of Failsworth is Manc. Even some who are see it as a good thing for latics to move to this part of OMBC, some like the idea.

Oh the irony.

Equally don't assume that all of Failsworth is Manc. Even some who are see it as a good thing for latics to move to this part of OMBC, some like the idea.

Oh the irony.

Well if you can drag them away from their Sky TV in the pubs (especially as most show the games illegally at 3.00 when they're not on officially) maybe your manc mates will come and watch a game. There will be plenty of empty seats. Mine for one.

I am sure having the club of the door step will be good enough for you as well... Or you going to claim your ultra pro stance on Failsworth has nothing to do with where you live :lol:

What difference does it make to you? 1 journey a season? Virtually anywhere between Oldham and Liverpool would be as easy for you. I make 20+ trips a season to BP, which is about 4 miles each way. That makes 160 miles against your 1 trip at what 50 miles tops? Add in the time at BP and we all know where your loyalties lie.

It makes no difference to ME where latics play from a convenience point of view. I attended more games when based in the West Mids than you have based in Warrington. I spend more time now than you do; 20+ x 3 hrs. You made a game. Don't f-ing try it on with me about convenience, That's a very low attempt and you know it.

Stop Trolling.

Well if you can drag them away from their Sky TV in the pubs (especially as most show the games illegally at 3.00 when they're not on officially) maybe your manc mates will come and watch a game. There will be plenty of empty seats. Mine for one.

And Saddleworth is full of Latics flooding their way to BP. LOL.