New Stadium Update

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Director Ian Hill hopes Latics will be able to seal the deal in the next few weeks.

"Negotiations are also ongoing with the Charity Commissioners and, once those outstanding matters regarding the land are resolved, hopefully we can submit a planning application for the stadium sooner rather than later."

"When they see the plans, we hope they will see the positives and the massive benefits to the locality and the town."

I can't get upbeat about this I'm afraid.

What a nothing article.

"Oi, web monkey, fans are getting restless"

"Right boss, what shalll I say?"

"Compile a load of guff that implies Failsworth is moving forward"

"Right boss"

Why has this all of a sudden started moving again?! They can't do anything with the land! It's still in limbo!!

same old same old.

Exactly.

Coincidence that a mere day after a thread on here involving topics such as ‘what does Ian Hill do at board level’ and ‘hasn’t the ground move been a debacle from the start / it’s been poorly actioned and carried out’ etc that this article on the Official site appears.

I’d say not.

What a nothing article.

"Right boss"

Why has this all of a sudden started moving again?! They can't do anything with the land! It's still in limbo!!

This is for the Lancaster club which they can use. I reckon they'll be a hotel on there whether we build a stadium or not.

Stop whinging. !!!!!!!!!

Now we don't have any results to moan about something has to be found..

My guess is a cinema.

Would that be good for Oldham in general?

Not really no because the one in Dale is closer, theres also the one in Ashton which is probably closer.

What a nothing article.

"Right boss"

And relax..... :wink:

Exactly.

Coincidence that a mere day after a thread on here involving topics such as ‘what does Ian Hill do at board level’ and ‘hasn’t the ground move been a debacle from the start / it’s been poorly actioned and carried out’ etc that this article on the Official site appears.

I’d say not.

Oh you cynic! :grin:

FWIW the club can't win on this - if they say nothing they get blasted for not keeping the fans informed. If they do say something, they're blasted for wasting our time. Same old Oldham fans, always moaning.

Oh you cynic! :grin:

FWIW the club can't win on this - if they say nothing they get blasted for not keeping the fans informed. If they do say something, they're blasted for wasting our time. Same old Oldham fans, always f*cking moaning.

I’m not moaning – I’m being cynical!!! :wink:

I've been poking my nose into club affairs, I'm guessing it's exactly what you have said it is, maybe in response for our discussion a few days ago. I'm aware I turned a few "senior" heads this way for a bit.

http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php?s=&sho...st&p=389413

I've been poking my nose into club affairs, I'm guessing it's exactly what you have said it is, maybe in response for our discussion a few days ago. I'm aware I turned a few "senior" heads this way for a bit.

:disguise::peepwall:

Very interesting timing.

Let's see how things unfold over the coming months.

I REALLY hope it's a positive outcome for all fans.

And no bad thing rummy. Hats off to you. Adn to the club. They are listening.

But people should not be moaning they are not being told, then moaning when they are told.

Exactly. I read that thread. It makes no sense. You don't go ahead with plans on a piece of land unless you own it. It's silly. I work in construction and have never ever ever experienced anything as unprofessional. The worst I've seen is things being on hold for some pesky newts. Even then you can pick them up and move them lovingly :wink:

I just find the whole thing farcical (spelling?!). No one seems to know what they're doing with it. I can't see it ever getting anywhere. I don't believe it will end up happening. But then I am a pessimist :hanged:

Not really no because the one in Dale is closer, theres also the one in Ashton which is probably closer.

To whom is the one in Dale closer? As for the one in Ashton, quickest way to get to it is to jump on the motorway at BROADWAY and travel a few miles down the M60. Not to mention that Failsworth is in Oldham whereas Ashton and Rochdale are not.

Exactly. I read that thread. It makes no sense. You don't go ahead with plans on a piece of land unless you own it. It's silly. I work in construction and have never ever ever experienced anything as unprofessional. The worst I've seen is things being on hold for some pesky newts. Even then you can pick them up and move them lovingly :wink:

I just find the whole thing farcical (spelling?!). No one seems to know what they're doing with it. I can't see it ever getting anywhere. I don't believe it will end up happening. But then I am a pessimist :hanged:

So it doesn't make sense to actually plan ahead in case of a positive outcome???? As far as i'm concerned there is nothing strange with that.

To whom is the one in Dale closer? As for the one in Ashton, quickest way to get to it is to jump on the motorway at BROADWAY and travel a few miles down the M60. Not to mention that Failsworth is in Oldham whereas Ashton and Rochdale are not.

I would say to the people of Oldham it is closer, a short drive down the A627(m) onto Queensway and you are there. Depending on what side of Oldham one lives depends on where one would join the M60. Your point I have highlighted in bold is what exactly?

Edit: Just because the club 'may' be looking at a cinema complex doesn't necessarily mean that the supporters of this club should they choose to go to the pictures one night pick the one on Broadway rather than one of the other 2, residents local to the new site may choose to do so however.

Edited by tangerinedreams