Kieran gets another year

Some very sensible decisions and work going on at boundry park at the minute. Maybe we are better without a manager!!!

This is the best news yet though and I think Kieran Lee has shown that he is the first player who can fill Neil Eardleys shoes and potentially go one better.

Some very sensible decisions and work going on at boundry park at the minute. Maybe we are better without a manager!!!

This is the best news yet though and I think Kieran Lee has shown that he is the first player who can fill Neil Eardleys shoes and potentially go one better.

That's one better than, potentially, playing Premier League football next season, whilst being a full international?

:blink:

That's one better than, potentially, playing Premier League football next season, whilst being a full international?

:blink:

Eardley has hardly played for Blackpool since he moved there. As for being a full international, he's welsh! He wouldn't be a full international if he was English!

Anyway back on topic, great decision to give Lee another year. I've always liked him and its good to see the progress he has made.

[sorry but did I say that I did not rate Eardley highly?

As a matter of fact I do and since he left there has been a gaping hole at right back. Lee is the first player to come anywhere near filling his shoes and in my humble opinion has the potential to go on to be as good if not better than Eardley.

As an echo to your post

Taking nothing away from Eardley, just annoys me that even now people don't see what we HAVE in Kieran Lee.

really pleased bout this.....still think his best position would be in midfield. maybe holdsworth at rb and lee rm?

(and then we can put smalley, millar and colbeck back where they belong in the stiffs).

On half the wage of last season, good deal shame he didn't take the 2 years on offer.

Good deal all round, the lad will still be under 24 so we should get some dosh if he moves on. If he does well I reckon he'll be offered an extension by Chrimbo (I think there'll already be a clause built in somewhere) I'd be looking at bunging Young Dale a few extra quid as well and giving him at least an extra year as he's around 23 now and bearing in mind we paid ££££ for him it'd be :censored: for him to walk ala Wellens, Porter etc, etc...

Edited by oafcprozac

Eardley has hardly played for Blackpool since he moved there. As for being a full international, he's welsh! He wouldn't be a full international if he was English!

Anyway back on topic, great decision to give Lee another year. I've always liked him and its good to see the progress he has made.

He has played 24 league games this season. All but 3 were before Feb, when he got injured, and was seen out in a nightclub whilst injured. Now, I don't know if he is still carrying a knock, but it is conceivable that the reason he has hardly played since is that the manager has fallen out with him....or it could just be that they have been on fire so he couldn't get back in the team. Either way, to say he has hardly played is wrong.

He has played 24 league games this season. All but 3 were before Feb, when he got injured, and was seen out in a nightclub whilst injured. Now, I don't know if he is still carrying a knock, but it is conceivable that the reason he has hardly played since is that the manager has fallen out with him....or it could just be that they have been on fire so he couldn't get back in the team. Either way, to say he has hardly played is wrong.

Yes Dave indeed - but you should know that you shouldn't be pointing facts out when someone is 'still!!' having a good old 'tant at the supposedly useless Eardley!!!

But i do think Mr Holloway has 'fell out' with him after his little incident. He'll learn though :wink:

Read this thread and the other Kieran Lee thread with interest to see what you Latics fans make of him.

I'm a United fan but please don't hate me just yet!!

I have a double interest in Kieran's career:

1) Because I've followed it from his days at Dukinfield Tigers through to United and now on to Oldham (with brief stops at Citeh and Liverpool prior to United)

and

2) Because he's my younger cousin.

Without going to all the games it's not that easy to follow Kieran's career these days as the likes of Sky Sports and BBC are bobbins for League 1, so it's interesting to be able to come on to a site like this to see what people who watch him week in, week out make of him.

I'm pleased that most of you seem to think he's now doing a good job. It was really difficult for him when he first signed for you. He was injured and you had no reserve team so he had little chance to then either impress and win a place in the team or get match fit. When he did get a game he picked up a serious hamstring injury which he put down to having no real match fitness.

Really pleased he's signed a new one year deal with yourselves. He had quite a lot of offers from other clubs but I didn't think he'd ever go anywhere. I think some stability is what he really needs and I think you'll see a big improvement again from him next season. I would agree with some of you that his best position is central midfield, particularly when his confidence is high (he's a confidence player BIG TIME!!) and he can express himself. However, the year he won Reserve Team Player of The Year at United (and captained us) he played as many games at full back as he did centre mid and of course that's where he featured in his couple of first team games at United.

Without doubt he has the ability to play at least Championship level, it's just a matter of confidence and at times attitude. But I really do think you'll see a top player next year.

Good luck for the 2010/11 season!

Read this thread and the other Kieran Lee thread with interest to see what you Latics fans make of him.

I'm a United fan but please don't hate me just yet!!

I have a double interest in Kieran's career:

1) Because I've followed it from his days at Dukinfield Tigers through to United and now on to Oldham (with brief stops at Citeh and Liverpool prior to United)

and

2) Because he's my younger cousin.

Without going to all the games it's not that easy to follow Kieran's career these days as the likes of Sky Sports and BBC are bobbins for League 1, so it's interesting to be able to come on to a site like this to see what people who watch him week in, week out make of him.

I'm pleased that most of you seem to think he's now doing a good job. It was really difficult for him when he first signed for you. He was injured and you had no reserve team so he had little chance to then either impress and win a place in the team or get match fit. When he did get a game he picked up a serious hamstring injury which he put down to having no real match fitness.

Really pleased he's signed a new one year deal with yourselves. He had quite a lot of offers from other clubs but I didn't think he'd ever go anywhere. I think some stability is what he really needs and I think you'll see a big improvement again from him next season. I would agree with some of you that his best position is central midfield, particularly when his confidence is high (he's a confidence player BIG TIME!!) and he can express himself. However, the year he won Reserve Team Player of The Year at United (and captained us) he played as many games at full back as he did centre mid and of course that's where he featured in his couple of first team games at United.

Without doubt he has the ability to play at least Championship level, it's just a matter of confidence and at times attitude. But I really do think you'll see a top player next year.

Good luck for the 2010/11 season!

Oh.