I always thought he was a solid player. A player who can play in a number of positions, has a long thronw, 100%-er.

Wouldn't be expensive, if our budget is to be considerably cut then a versatile left footer like Holt wouldn't be a bad signing at all. Not a big name signing, but we are Oldham Athletic, playing at a dilapidated stadium in from of 3000 fans, so what do we expect?

Woah, my post suddenly sounded negative, not meant to be, just realistic.

Akinfenwa would be a good signing.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always thought he was a solid player. A player who can play in a number of positions, has a long thronw, 100%-er.

Wouldn't be expensive, if our budget is to be considerably cut then a versatile left footer like Holt wouldn't be a bad signing at all. Not a big name signing, but we are Oldham Athletic, playing at a dilapidated stadium in from of 3000 fans, so what do we expect?

Your right, he was a solid player. But not now.

Please not.

Jesus, Patrick, is there anyone you would be happy with? You're so feckin miserable......

There's a Welsh international who, given that he hasnt featured for his side for months, I wouldn't mind seeing here on loan next season. As a central midfielder.

If Blackpool do win on Saturday, then it is feasible I'm sure.

There's a Welsh international who, given that he hasnt featured for his side for months, I wouldn't mind seeing here on loan next season. As a central midfielder.

You know Ive thought of that , it would be perfect for both partys,

:lol: Yeah; realistically that’s going to happen isn’t it?

Can just see it now:

IH: Eards; I want you out on loan now we’re a Prem side; to get games and to improve some more – and I’ve sorted you out a club. It’s Oldham; you know; the place where a pretty large section of the fans booed your ever touch. A place where you were berated by a drunk Latics fan as you took a throw in. A place where there was uproar from a section of the fans as you were made captain. A place with 3 stands; under 3000 supporters, a side full of youngsters and <insert uninspiring managers name> is in charge. What do you say Eards?

NE: Erm, NO!!!

Next suggestion…………..

I wondered when this would get noticed.

All that total rubbish about him being Premership class and worth £1M+ has been firmly put to bed.

Average League 1 player at best, but admittidly better than Lomax.

We would only need Akinfenwa and Greegs in the defensive wall at free kicks :lol:

I wondered when this would get noticed.

All that total rubbish about him being Premership class and worth £1M+ has been firmly put to bed.

Average League 1 player at best, but admittidly better than Lomax.

Yeah, at age 21 Neal's best days are truly behind him. It's all downhill from here.

On topic from the original post, I saw Sean Gregan in the gym today. I said to him 'how come you're in here, I thought you'd be all off on holiday'. He just said that they have to meet the new man when he arrives, although some have been allowed to go away. I didn't ask about who he thought would be in the frame. A pointless post I know but just thought I'd share it.