New Manager Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are quite a few managers in the non-leagues or coaches (or current/recent senior players) in the upper leagues who are looking to step up to a managerial post at our sort of level. Speed is one (doubt we could afford him though), Butt (ditto- unless he buys the club with the other ginger fella), Holdsworth at Newport, Dean Saunders at Wrexham (might not be available though due to his welsh duties), Mini-Shez (though would you come to the club that treated your brother so badly) etc.

No good looking at non league managers, they dont have the right contacts. Best non league manager is Neil Aspin at FC Halifax.

Edited by Trueblueforever

What the chuffing hell is up with you? I asked you a question.

(PS. I'd have Moore back in a shot.)

He's been assistant under the experience of Roy McFarlane, and he took Chesterfield to within a couple of point of the playoffs twice. Why Ronnie Moore?

I forgot we're such a massive club-why don't we give Ferguson a call, or Capello?

Get real, he fits the bill perfectly. Had nothing at his disposal at Chesterfield, he was also a massive factor in them moving grounds, i know we are too but its all about ambition.

Fits the bill perfectly :laught30:

I give you a list of managers who stand a chance of getting this job

Frankie Bunn (declared an interest publically)

Martin Gray (declared an interest publically)

Mark Crossley (mentioned in several nationals, and 2nd favourite)

Paul Simpson (mentioned locally)

Give me any of the above, hell even give me Andy Ritchie, over richardson, who has done absolutely nothing to warrant he deserves a crack at the job, which he won't be getting anyway.

There are quite a few managers in the non-leagues or coaches (or current/recent senior players) in the upper leagues who are looking to step up to a managerial post at our sort of level. Speed is one (doubt we could afford him though), Butt (ditto- unless he buys the club with the other ginger fella), Holdsworth at Newport, Dean Saunders at Wrexham (might not be available though due to his welsh duties), Mini-Shez (though would you come to the club that treated your brother so badly) etc.

Fits the bill perfectly :laught30:

I give you a list of managers who stand a chance of getting this job

Frankie Bunn (declared an interest publically)

Martin Gray (declared an interest publically)

Mark Crossley (mentioned in several nationals, and 2nd favourite)

Paul Simpson (mentioned locally)

Give me any of the above, hell even give me Andy Ritchie, over richardson, who has done absolutely nothing to warrant he deserves a crack at the job, which he won't be getting anyway.

I see, so the only quality you need to manage us is to say that you want to mange the club publicly. As for Mark Crossley-name me a goalkeeper that has been a successful manager.

Great argument.

I might ring a radio station and declare my interest! Then i'm a dead cert for the job

'likely' so i could be successful most likely sounds very hopeful.

Fine. I'll take the leap of faith. I think if Ronnie Moore had been in charge in 06/07 we'd have been promoted.

Not that this has anything to do with the new manager, of course. What exactly are you getting at?

Fine. I'll take the leap of faith. I think if Ronnie Moore had been in charge in 06/07 we'd have been promoted.

Not that this has anything to do with the new manager, of course. What exactly are you getting at?

Yes you asked me my opinion and i asked yours, and seen as the forum is titled 'new manager thread' then it would be stupid to talk about anything else. So what are you getting at?

No good looking at non league managers, they dont have the right contacts. Best non league manager is Neil Aspin at FC Halifax.

I bet Dean Saunders (who it was pointed out to me isn't doing all that good a job at Wrexham, when i posted this 18 days ago) or Dean Holdsworth have actually got some quite good contacts.

Considering you have quoted the same post from me again, despite the fact I posted it 18 days ago makes me wonder what your problem is? Are you Lee Richardson's agent, do you have a whole bunch of money on him, are you Lee Richardson himself- in which case thanks for your goals against Charlton on debut, but I hope you don't get near the job- you failed at Chesterfield FFS (getting a team near the playoffs with their budget is certainly not a success). What has Neil Aspin done in non-league? Or does the above apply to Neil Aspin instead of Lee Richardson?

I see, so the only quality you need to manage us is to say that you want to mange the club publicly.

Great argument.

I might ring a radio station and declare my interest! Then i'm a dead cert for the job

No, but I was making the point that based on the individual qualities they have (see the candidates thread), all of these would have more of a shout than Richardson.

Why on earth do you think that a manager who has been out of work for over 12 months with nothing to his CV but a relegation and a sacking deserves the job over someone like

Paul Simpson: Two promotions on his CV and managed at all three levels of the football league

Martin Gray: More coaching experience than Richardson and also knows more about the existing squad than any other candidate

Frankie Bunn: 12 years experience at top clubs such as Wigan, City and Coventry

If Rico is such a fantastic manager, why has he been out of work for over a season

Yes you asked me my opinion and i asked yours, and seen as the forum is titled 'new manager thread' then it would be stupid to talk about anything else. So what are you getting at?

I just couldn't fathom why you brought Ronnie Moore into it. Seemed a bit of a childish rebuke because you somehow thought I was trying to discredit your beloved Mr. Richardson.

I bet Dean Saunders (who it was pointed out to me isn't doing all that good a job at Wrexham, when i posted this 18 days ago) or Dean Holdsworth have actually got some quite good contacts.

Considering you have quoted the same post from me again, despite the fact I posted it 18 days ago makes me wonder what your problem is? Are you Lee Richardson's agent, do you have a whole bunch of money on him, are you Lee Richardson himself- in which case thanks for your goals against Charlton on debut, but I hope you don't get near the job- you failed at Chesterfield FFS (getting a team near the playoffs with their budget is certainly not a success). What has Neil Aspin done in non-league? Or does the above apply to Neil Aspin instead of Lee Richardson?

I'm neither of those things, were all allowed our favourites, i see that one guy seems to LOVE Ronnie Moore, he's not getting the abuse I am.

Neil Aspin has got FC Halifax promoted with NO money whatsoever. And he has a great eye for young talent.