New Manager Thread

He's now joint 2nd favourite with Gannon.

Fin it hard to see how the board could justify giving it to him over Bunn, or even Gray, on experience alone. Bunns coaching experience = 12 yrs, Grays is 9, he has three?

If they did appoint him, then we'd go for the young and eager. Worked with Joe, worked with Jimmy Frizz and kinda the same with Shez.

Experience with Joe, Talbot, Penney did not work.

I'd find it pretty hard to believe that the youngsters and the kold pros would not respect Crossley.

PLus he did the right thing when here, did not moan about 2nd choice and indeed coached the player to replace him.

I did call MArk crossley as manager one day at the interview referred.

Now the time for thruth, those that know the tea ladys postamans dog. What do the players think of Mark crossley?

Way back..

Not seen much comment on Mark Crossley with Joe advising type role?

About all I can offer is his seemingly straight to the point analysis of his first game back.

Think quite a few on here said he'd make a good manager.

I suppose it depends on how hsi qualifications aregoing/being started. but my gut feeling si that we need a proven manager at this stage,someone who has won promotions ona tight budget.

Edited by singe

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Put my money on Butt think the Lee Clark factor will kick in. Contacts young, will be fresh air to club, something to prove. Think Gray MIGHT keep a job as well respected re passion far more than the past post holder. hard to call this one.

if we do go for someone like butt, id imagine gray staying on as it keeps money, gray knows the club and will keep something the same

Put my money on Butt think the Lee Clark factor will kick in.

Lee Clark's turd.

They spent like 3 million at the start of the season on the likes of Jordan Rhodes, Lee Novak, Robbie Simpson, Theo Robinson, Anthony Pilkington, Lee Peltier, Lionel Ainsworth.

Signed Anthony Kay and Peter Clarke two of the best players in their respective positions in the division who'll be on a wedge.

Marquee loan signings like Kristian Pearce, Neal Trotman, Daniel Drinkwater and then that Eccleston lad from Liverpool.

And for all that they get dicked by Millwall who's squad is probably worth a 4th of Huddersfields. Dave Penney could have got that team to the playoffs. The fact that they finished 6th is down to the fact Southampton were docked points. Huddersfield were the team who by all rights finished 7th in the league based off points gained. Given that with all the money Clark spent he had to rely on another team being docked points to make the playoffs shows how bad a manager Lee Clark is. He should have finished 3rd with that team if not autos. Do you think he'd be able to do it on a budget if he can't do it with a loaded chairman?

Edited by Bring Back Ronnie Moore

Lee Clark's turd.

They spent like 3 million at the start of the season on the likes of Jordan Rhodes, Lee Novak, Robbie Simpson, Theo Robinson, Anthony Pilkington, Lee Peltier, Lionel Ainsworth.

Signed Anthony Kay and Peter Clarke two of the best players in their respective positions in the division who'll be on a wedge.

Marquee loan signings like Kristian Pearce, Neal Trotman, Daniel Drinkwater and then that Eccleston lad from Liverpool.

And for all that they get dicked by Millwall who's squad is probably worth a 4th of Huddersfields. Dave Penney could have got that team to the playoffs. The fact that they finished 6th and were easily beaten in the playoffs shows how bad a manager Lee Clark is. Do you think he'd be able to do it on a budget if he can't do it with a loaded chairman?

I think you need to re read, in no way did Hallam sy we should try and get Lee Clark. Besides that would be a ridiculous suggestion. But not just for the reasons you gave,

I think you need to re read, in no way did Hallam sy we should try and get Lee Clark. Besides that would be a ridiculous suggestion. But not just for the reasons you gave,

I don't think BBRM's taken Hallam's post the wrong way. I think he's questioning whatever the 'Lee Clark factor' is.

Got it spot on, too.

Would you be happy if latics had lost to Millwall in playoffs and scored 100 goals compared to this season with a proportion of games attractive thumping wins.

Of course I'd be happy with a playoff finish next season. But we're Oldham who don't spend £3million on transfer fees and don't have a massive wage budget. I dunno if you watched them over the two legs but Huddersfield were pityful, it's not even like they were competitive and narrowly lost, they were dire. Millwall and Swindon, whilst they have spent money it's nowhere near the amount that Huddersfield have spent and both have made it to the final and both finished higher in the league. You can only account Huddersfield's failure down to the manager.

If Kenny Jackett and Danny Wilson can get their teams on a lesser budget to the final then Huddersfield have no excuse. It's either bad buying from Lee Clark or bad management of a good team, either way to use him as an example of what we could achieve with a fresh new manager, doesn't make much sense, because the cirumstances are entirely different and what Lee Clark has achieved at Huddersfield isn't that impressive given the money they spent.

Edited by Bring Back Ronnie Moore

Ossie Ardiles applicant i presume is probably a fake, the same one that happened here?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ury/8691880.stm

You notice he's denied applying for the Shrewsbury job,but he hasn't denied applying for ours? So it must be true....

(on the other hand there's no smoke without fire, and the fact that Steven Gerrard's wife has denied the rumours about them means it MUST be true, cos why else would they say anything?)

You notice he's denied applying for the Shrewsbury job,but he hasn't denied applying for ours? So it must be true....

(on the other hand there's no smoke without fire, and the fact that Steven Gerrard's wife has denied the rumours about them means it MUST be true, cos why else would they say anything?)

I think that is a grassy knoll, he was not asked or quoted about ours, so that is why he made no comment about ours.

Lee Clark's turd.

And for all that they get dicked by Millwall who's squad is probably worth a 4th of Huddersfields. Dave Penney could have got that team to the playoffs. The fact that they finished 6th is down to the fact Southampton were docked points. Huddersfield were the team who by all rights finished 7th in the league based off points gained. Given that with all the money Clark spent he had to rely on another team being docked points to make the playoffs shows how bad a manager Lee Clark is. He should have finished 3rd with that team if not autos. Do you think he'd be able to do it on a budget if he can't do it with a loaded chairman?

Err Though Millwall got to the playoff final last year.

DO you think he has risen up the odds, becasue a few on here have punted getting a bit of value ?

Seems strange to me that he has risen so much

I do think he could do a job, but we would be setting up from scratch. with him and he wuld need at least 3 years.

We have a squad that with a few judicious acquisitions and a much better style of play could at least be challenging the top 8/10.

So a manager that is going to get the best of these woudl seem ideally placed.

None of us know Crossley and how he operates theough.