New Manager Thread

Although I believe it's more than likely he'll be with you next year, what else was he going to say when he's surrounded by a load of county fans in a pub asking questions?

Some of us knew for a week before that Iain Dowie was leaving for Crystal Palace, at a fans forum he stood up and denied that he was leaving for Palace yet two days later he was sat next to Simon Jordan as the new Palace boss.

He'd either be truthful or deliberately evasive. Jim Gannon is not Iain Dowie.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He'd either be truthful or deliberately evasive. Jim Gannon is not Iain Dowie.

If he was interviewed, my personal opinion was that we were his backup plan incase your takeover got put pack even longer.

What the hell has happened to Gary Ablett?

If he was interviewed, my personal opinion was that we were his backup plan incase your takeover got put pack even longer.

What the hell has happened to Gary Ablett?

You may well be right LC.

Funny thing with GA is that he's still in a job at the moment, but his last interview before he went on hol last week was virtually a goodbye note. Even though he was sold a dud by that ****** Melrose we've been pretty woeful this year, which looking at the league table is hardly surprising news. He's a goner for sure, it's just a question of who is replacing him.

Gannon, Scott Murray, Frankie Bunn, Paul Dickov and Crossley all came back for their second interviews yesterday having all been up there on Monday. Thats your shortlist folks unless other interviews have gone on elsewhere.

Gannon if not Dickov for me. Bollocks to Bunn he's a legend and I can't be arsed slagging him off as I did at one point with Ritchie.

According to OmarDon'tScare (Chron On-Line) "It's common knowledge in the right circles that Dickov, Bunn, Richardson, Crossley & Gray are 5 of the names interviewed at Scouthead Conference Centre over the last couple of days."

I haven't a clue about the reliability of this source, although the Scouthead Conference Centre is very nice!

:unsure:

Edited by Mark59

I beLIEve you.

i hope not

i hope the other missing names are better than those leaked out already...nobody is inspiring parting with hard earned just yet..

no doubt dickov will have good contacts in the game..but lack of coaching??? for all we know he may have been on coacjing courses for a few years...

and i hope its not paul simpson either..

Was told in early Feb (when Penney was under the cosh before the upturn in March/April) that we'd been speaking to Dickov about a possible player manager role should TTA off him before the end of the season. I told the lad that "these idiots better be careful what they wish for then"....I hope to god that the other applications are far better than Dickovs because it'll be a disaster otherwise. His credentials for the role can be written on a pin head!

According to OmarDon'tScare (Chron On-Line) "It's common knowledge in the right circles that Dickov, Bunn, Richardson, Crossley & Gray are 5 of the names interviewed at Scouthead Conference Centre over the last couple of days."

I haven't a clue about the reliability of this source, although the Scouthead Conference Centre is very nice!

:unsure:

I speak only in FACT

Out of all those names, only Richardson has the experience and club knowledge.

You've got to be on the wind-up but, just in case: his experience has only served show his ability is limited (as in too limited) and he has no knowledge of the club in its current form. He hasn't been involved with Latics for well over a decade.

That was his debut wasn't it, Thought we were still in the prem then

no it was 94/95 - we played them in the League Cup 3rd Round in October 1994, drawing 0-0 at BP before losing 2-0 in the replay at Highbury in early Novemeber, Joe did indeed leave the next day - Dickov scored both that night.

With regards to Dickov he made his debut 18 months before and was in fact one of the scorers for Arsenal in their 3-0 victory over Palace on the final day of 92/93 and we all know the significance of that result... :wink:

no it was 94/95 - we played them in the League Cup 3rd Round in October 1994, drawing 0-0 at BP before losing 2-0 in the replay at Highbury in early Novemeber, Joe did indeed leave the next day - Dickov scored both that night.

With regards to Dickov he made his debut 18 months before and was in fact one of the scorers for Arsenal in their 3-0 victory over Palace on the final day of 92/93 and we all know the significance of that result... :wink:

I'll take your word for it :grin: