New Manager Thread

If TTA are hoping for a season ticket boost upon the announcement of the new manager, then expect nothing to happen until Tuesday at the earliest.

Reason: The ticket office is only open for 3 hours over the bank holiday weekend.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If TTA are hoping for a season ticket boost upon the announcement of the new manager, then expect nothing to happen until Tuesday at the earliest.

Reason: The ticket office is only open for 3 hours over the bank holiday weekend.

have you seen who the apparent favourites are?

even if Bunn gets the job, i cant see a surge in ticket sales

I wouldn't expect an announcement until then anyway as most club staff will be off work now, returning Tues.

You do if it isn't going to be wholly popular and have ST deadline days coming and going...starting to wonder if it's all a big charade and Gray's always been the one to be chosen. To be announce once the final ST deadline has gone...

Tick...tock...tick...tock...

:grin:

Edited by boundaryblue80

Update from the 2015 Group

When we started on this momentous journey some weeks ago we promised to keep you informed of all that is happening, good or bad. Yesterday we hit a bad patch and were forced to cancel a planned press conference.

Tonight I am delighted to report that the necessary legal points have been cleared up and the sale purchase agreement has been signed off with the Administrator and is now with the Football League. We feel we are now pretty much back on track and are planning to sign off with the League in the next few days.

We intend to have a further update next Wednesday and are still planning to have a special day out next Sunday at Edgeley Park.

Update from the 2015 Group

When we started on this momentous journey some weeks ago we promised to keep you informed of all that is happening, good or bad. Yesterday we hit a bad patch and were forced to cancel a planned press conference.

Tonight I am delighted to report that the necessary legal points have been cleared up and the sale purchase agreement has been signed off with the Administrator and is now with the Football League. We feel we are now pretty much back on track and are planning to sign off with the League in the next few days.

We intend to have a further update next Wednesday and are still planning to have a special day out next Sunday at Edgeley Park.

Bit oif a piss take on ablett if gannon goes back there.

Bit oif a piss take on ablett if gannon goes back there.

I wonder if Gary Ablett is any good as a manger?

He was never going to be able to prove himself one way or the other at County last season and is left with a relegation on his CV as a result.

I had problems logging in yesterday with my password, and have missed all the posts,so apologies ofr repeating.

I got a lot of work done, though!

However, this is Gannons toturn doen I would think.

And, as others have said, the delay would be to see if 2015 can sort things out, which seems likely.

AH, somethnig to thing about" is the most telling phrase. Agree with the person who says the Gannon signature if 2015 don;t take over by X date.

So to our second choice IMHO

I know that the Colchester odds have bene posted, but are their favourites os much better than ours? (well the realistic ones?

Kit Symons 4/1

Mark Kinsella 5/1

Mick Harford 7/1

Phil Parkinson 7/1

Ian Holloway 7/1

Steve Cotterill 8/1

Steve Lomas 8/1

Mike Newell 9/1

Billy Davies 10/1

Lawrie Sanchez 12/1

Joe Dunne 12/1

Teddy Sheringham 14/1

Tony Adams 14/1

Mike Walker 16/1

Kevin Watson 16/1

Alan Curbishley 16/1

Mark Robson 16/1

John Still 18/1

Jim Smith 20/1

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink 20/1

Dave Penney 22/1

Jason Dozell 25/1

Steve Foley 25/1

I know that the Colchester odds have bene posted, but are their favourites os much better than ours? (well the realistic ones?

Kit Symons 4/1

Mark Kinsella 5/1

Mick Harford 7/1

Phil Parkinson 7/1

Ian Holloway 7/1

Steve Cotterill 8/1

Steve Lomas 8/1

Mike Newell 9/1

Billy Davies 10/1

Lawrie Sanchez 12/1

Joe Dunne 12/1

Teddy Sheringham 14/1

Tony Adams 14/1

Mike Walker 16/1

Kevin Watson 16/1

Alan Curbishley 16/1

Mark Robson 16/1

John Still 18/1

Jim Smith 20/1

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink 20/1

Dave Penney 22/1

Jason Dozell 25/1

Steve Foley 25/1

Ian holloway at 7/1, are they having a laugh??

So you don't think he should give up a season in the Premiership to manage a :censored:e 3rd division side?

I think the sole reason he is on there is that he is a southener, colchester is down south.

Like you said wouldnt expect him to be on there at all, what I was saying, before seeing these odds, if I was told he was on the list I would have thought the odds would be ridiculously high. Odds of 7/1 would normally suggest that the manager the odds are attached to has a pretty good chance of getting the job, which clearly aint the case here so either someone at VC has made a monumental balls up, or some mug has bet big on it

I think the sole reason he is on there is that he is a southener, colchester is down south.

Like you said wouldnt expect him to be on there at all, what I was saying, before seeing these odds, if I was told he was on the list I would have thought the odds would be ridiculously high. Odds of 7/1 would normally suggest that the manager the odds are attached to has a pretty good chance of getting the job, which clearly aint the case here so either someone at VC has made a monumental balls up, or some mug has bet big on it

THat is what I was thinking ,probably £50 if you look at the way our manager odds have swung!

According to another message board:

Posted by fryatt1969 on 29/5/2010, 10:36 am

"if the rumours, about gannon are correct... why last night, did simon corney and alan hardy- meet ian dowie, in a manchester hotel- to talk over the managers post... im not saying, he will take on the job! but the meeting happened... fact!"

:unsure:

"if the rumours, about gannon are correct... why last night, did simon corney and alan hardy- meet ian dowie, in a manchester hotel- to talk over the managers post... im not saying, he will take on the job! but the meeting happened... fact!"

To ask a previous manager for advice on the other candidates.

(no idea if the meeting happened, or if it did happen I have no idea whether my explanation is right, but I do like adding a bit of unfounded rumour to things occaisonally)

:unsure:

Quite a few names being mentioned on here, Gannon, Dowie, Roeder.......

It really is going to be a dagger to people's harts if Martin Gray is announced as manager :wink: