Authorisation Mismatch Error

Have a look at someone else that's had it and see if it helps. They seem to think it's related to the cookies on the user's PC. Worth a go.

I read that...

But considering I get the problem on different browsers, different OS, on different machines, in different locations I doubt that is the issue I face...

I also don't get the problem on other forums running ip board...

I read that...

But considering I get the problem on different browsers, different OS, on different machines, in different locations I doubt that is the issue I face...

I also don't get the problem on other forums running ip board...

Fair enough - was just a quick Google for the error message.

Could be. There's another page somewhere that implies it's IP related.

It's almost certainly IP related.

The problem seems to be that if the cookie you create at the start of your post is not from the same IP as the one it creates as you post then you get the mismatch.

But like I say, that's my take on it. I've not studied this stuff for 8 years and even then I was never particularly good on networking.

It's almost certainly IP related.

The problem seems to be that if the cookie you create at the start of your post is not from the same IP as the one it creates as you post then you get the mismatch.

But like I say, that's my take on it. I've not studied this stuff for 8 years and even then I was never particularly good on networking.

Acks :blush:

:censored: was very good on networking. Fact.

It happens to me (using Vista and Firefox) regularly at work but never at home.

I suspect that means the proxy through which I access the internet at work is causing the issue somehow. It also appears that it mostly happens when someone else has posted inbetween my latest page update and submitting my post.

It's possible it's linked to non-static IPs - not sure what our set up is now having recently moved.

Run Linux and all will be fine with the world.

I hear you brother!

I can't believe I've not had this, I've used the board on firefox on linux (fedora and ubuntu), firefox on XP, vista, Win7 and dolphin HD on my phone and never had a problem. Even left active sessions open at work then been fine at home. Only time I've seen that screen is when I clicked on a post match thread that had fallen foul of the merge-a-thon.

**This happened to me when i first started posting on the forum, this sorted it out for me...

Please try this and let me know if it sorts it out :

* when you log into the forum, an authorization key is created based on your registration date and your email

* stronghold cookies session is created with your authorization key along with your IP address

* if your IP changes due to proxy service, the cookies created for your session is no longer valid and thus terminates your current log in status

* you must close the browser and re-login to establish the proper cookies session

Proxy server can change your IP address without your knowledge. Whether you're using the actual proxy service or your ISP has you connected with their own proxy, this can cause sudden IP address change. Not all users might be effected but if you are an AOL user the rate of IP shift, reassign, is greater than those who are with other broadband services.

Try these steps if you are an Internet Explorer user:

1. place www.owtb.co.uk as trusted zone by going to Tools > Internet Options > Security > Trusted Sites > Sites

2. try disabling privacy or security software running which might block javascript of the setting of cookies. Some anti-virus, ad blocker or firewall programs can block cookies from being set from off line place.

3. clear cache, cookies and all offline files. This is important!

4. close the browser and reopen to visit

If you are a Firefox user:

1. place www.owtb.co.uk as ALLOW by going to Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies (check accept cookies from sites) > Exceptions > type www.owtb.co.uk and click ALLOW

2. close the browser and reopen to visit OWTB

One thing is for sure, do not forget to log out before leaving our board. If the old session cookies exists and you're trying to post, the newly created cookies and old cookies will not match up. So in order to have valid session, you should log out to clear the old session cookies.

We understand your frustration. Although this seems to be isolated to a few computers.

Cheers Exile

OWTB Team