scholes to latics?

dont know how much truth is in this but ive just had a phone call from a supplier of mine who lives in glasgow telling me that scholes is to play till christmas at utd then finsh the season at latics and retire at the end of the season. he is a celtic fan and was told by a friend of his called adrian (didnt get his surname), who is a director at celtic. apparently he was told by somebody he knew at old trafford. ive heard many rumours before about scholes finishing his career at bp and living in middleton i know a few people who are still friends with scholes from when he lived here but none of them have heard him say he will play for latics. so like i said dont know how much truth is in it but just thought id let you all know.

Edited by stevesmitt

dont know how much truth is in this but ive just had a phone call from a supplier of mine who lives in glasgow telling me that scholes is to play till christmas at utd then finsh the season at latics and retire at the end of the season. he is a celtic fan and was told by a friend of his called adrian (didnt get his surname), who is a director at celtic. apparently he was told by somebody he knew at old trafford. ive heard many rumours before about scholes finishing his career at bp and living in middleton i know a few people who are still friends with scholes from when he lived here but none of them have heard him say he will play for latics. so like i said dont know how much truth is in it but just thought id let you all know.

:lol:

You couldn't make it up.

Or in this case, you can.

Pee poor effort this one! :blush:

Shame there isn't an "adrian" on the board of directors at Celtic.

Celtic Directors

Ooh; a Scholes to Latics thread. It's been a while................ :sleeping:

im not trying to say it will happen, just letting people know what i was told. the guy who as told me as no reason to lie but he too could have just been told a rumour but what got me thinking was why would a rumour like this be going round a club like celtic?

scohles doesnt live in middleton but he went to school here and lived here till about 7 or 8 years ago.

ive typed celtic director adrian in to google and it seems they have a commercial director called adrian filby.

I have just been told the exact same thing ..... by quite a reliable source who is usually right but with a twist as its Nicky Butt who has persuaded him to come to the club !!!

However I still think it bulltish :grin:

as long as :censored: is in there as well, they'd need some legs.

Scholes and :censored: with Butt as back up. I see :censored: as the next Stevie G, it would probably be Fabio's prefered pairing for the Euro 2012 if Scholes lets it happen.

Scholes and :censored: with Butt as back up. I see :censored: as the next Stevie G, it would probably be Fabio's prefered pairing for the Euro 2012 if Scholes lets it happen.

Was always Daleo that got the Stevie G similarities, but looking back :censored: played much like Stevie G in his game style. Not the same ability as Stevie G, but a Championship style Stevie G playing in a League One team.

Can't see that myself; Gareth Barry would be in there somewhere too. Unless he has :censored: down for the holding role? To be honest; he's propably better than Barry at it; surprised he didn't get into the 30 man provisional really.......

Can't see that myself; Gareth Barry would be in there somewhere too. Unless he has :censored: down for the holding role? To be honest; he's propably better than Barry at it; surprised he didn't get into the 30 man provisional really.......

He's in the U21 squad.

thanks for the info Steve - just ignore the boards miseries, everyone else does :grin:

Admin please close this thread scholes will never join us end off.