UN condemns Israel for attack on aid convoy

Matt

UN condemns Israel for attack on aid convoy

The UN Security Council has issued a statement calling for an impartial inquiry into Israel's raid on a flotilla of Gaza-bound aid ships.

The statement said the investigation should be "prompt, impartial, credible and transparent".

It also condemned the "acts" which led to the deaths of at least 10 civilian activists during the operation.

POTD.jpg

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/worl...icle7141596.ece

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/10201165.stm

bet the Israelis are absolutely cacking themselves.... :unsure:

the statement said the investigation should be "prompt, impartial, credible and transparent"......double naughty UN bastards eh!!

that'll teach them zionists... :blink:

bet the Israelis are absolutely cacking themselves.... :unsure:

the statement said the investigation should be "prompt, impartial, credible and transparent"......double naughty UN bastards eh!!

that'll teach them zionists... :blink:

I can confirm that the local press aren't impressed. Although they obviously aren't in love with Israel the papers are actually remarkably even-handed over here and Israelis do business here, albeit discretely. Not any more methinks. They really are a set of shameless bastards.

fter IDF raid, aid makes its way to Gaza

Ashdod Port workers upload cargo from three ships that took part in sail to Strip. Head of Coordination and Liaison Office says goods found on flotilla include 100 electric scooters, tons of medical equipment. 'The entire sail was propagandist and provocative,' he adds

Amnon Meranda

Published: 06.01.10, 19:05 / Israel News

The equipment found on the ships seized early Monday by the Israel Defense Forces while making their way to the Gaza Strip is being unloaded at the Ashdod Port since Monday night.

"Most of the equipment was scattered in the ships' storerooms and was not packed in an organized manner," said the port's CEO, Shuki Sagis.

Job Done, Going Home?

Interior Ministry: All sail detainees will return home soon / Yael Branovsky

Some 680 flotilla participants undergo hearing, 38 agree to go home. Ministry official: We could see hate in their eyes

Full story

"We began unloading in the night," Sagis explained. "We see cargo which was arranged and repacked in order to be led to Gaza, mostly humanitarian cargo, food and toys."

He added that some unusual items were also found, but refused to elaborate.

The cargo has yet to be weighed, and according to Sagis, in an ordinary situation the ship would not have been accepted at the port as most of its content was unpacked and unorganized.

"Nonetheless, we took in those ships and are engaging in Sisyphean labor," he said.

Here is an idea... and someone else is going to have to moderate this for me as I can't think of any other way to put it:

STOP KILLING EACH OTHER YOU STUPIDHEADs!!!

I'll be honest, we have enough problems at home for me to give a toss about two lots of folks with a single mission: To wipe each other (a.k.a. themselves) off the face of the earth.

If people want to take sides and get involved about perceived wrongs then fair enough, but really what is the point in siding with one set of genocidal maniacs over another?

Personally, as you may have figured, I've given in caring and just say get the hell on with it. If you could do it with spears rather than nuclear devices. Cheers.

I'll be honest, we have enough problems at home for me to give a toss about two lots of folks with a single mission: To wipe each other (a.k.a. themselves) off the face of the earth.

If people want to take sides and get involved about perceived wrongs then fair enough, but really what is the point in siding with one set of genocidal maniacs over another?

Personally, as you may have figured, I've given in caring and just say get the hell on with it. If you could do it with spears rather than nuclear devices. Cheers.

two lots of folks with a single mission: To wipe each other (a.k.a. themselves) off the face of the earth.

can't remember the Israelis ever claiming any mission to wipe the Palestinians off the face of the earth...on the other hand... :unsure:

two lots of folks with a single mission: To wipe each other (a.k.a. themselves) off the face of the earth.

can't remember the Israelis ever claiming any mission to wipe the Palestinians off the face of the earth...on the other hand... :unsure:

No, just carry on gradually stealing their country bit by bit whilst keeping them locked up in the grimmest arse end of what's left of the country in abject squalor, and not even let the rest of the world send them medicine or food.

this all would not of happened if hamas had released gilad shalit a long time ago (he is kept prisoner there now 4years) and hamas stopped firing rockets etc into israel , and israel would not have bombed the gaza because of it ...

Israel don't have any Hamas prisoners, do they Bob...?

"They started it." The refuge of primary school kids in trouble and...

No, just carry on gradually stealing their country bit by bit whilst keeping them locked up in the grimmest arse end of what's left of the country in abject squalor, and not even let the rest of the world send them medicine or food.

and not even let the rest of the world send them medicine or food....not factually correct, but don't let that get in the way of a proper sob story...

Haven't checked the rule book, but can a country legally impose a naval blockade in international waters?

I don't think they can, though you could get a UN resolution. Though in this case the only UN Resolution is the one stating that there shouldn't be a trade blockade on gaza.