Latics Look To Change Fixtures

Get real, Oldham/Rochdale was never going to be a 3pm game on a Saturday or BHM, you only have to look at the Carling Cup game for evidence of that, the police are making the right decision to cut trouble out, and the bonus is we get an extra rest, now stop moaning.

It was going to be played on a bank holiday monday, It's not being charged because of concerns about bother. It's to save paying the police more, This is not a police decison....

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its already shown on here by many posters that they have bank holiday off, but have to work a late shift on the Tuesday.

The nutters should not dictate what days Latics play.

The Rochdale lot will be in Oldham regardless of what day it is, so the idea of moving it to prevent trouble doesnt cut it.

Can't speak for GMP but Lancs police only charge clubs for police INSIDE the ground. At Burnley there are usually around 15 police officers inside the ground with others on standby to come in if needed. The club Only pay for those 15 WHATEVER happens. Each officer on average will be on £15 per hour at normal time so on a bank hol £30. £30 X 6 HRS £180 PER OFFICER TIMES 15 = £2700.......methinks a 3pm kick off would offset that cost even if you trebled the number of officers in the ground......

Can't speak for GMP but Lancs police only charge clubs for police INSIDE the ground. At Burnley there are usually around 15 police officers inside the ground with others on standby to come in if needed. The club Only pay for those 15 WHATEVER happens. Each officer on average will be on £15 per hour at normal time so on a bank hol £30. £30 X 6 HRS £180 PER OFFICER TIMES 15 = £2700.......methinks a 3pm kick off would offset that cost even if you trebled the number of officers in the ground......

I thought stewards did the job inside the ground, maybe it's their extra cost which is concerning Alan Hardy ?

Edited by BP1960

I will have his season ticket for the Wednesday game for a small sum. :wink:

Well it's upto Hardy what he wants. 3,000 dale fans on a bank holiday monday 3pm kick off or 1500/2000 on a tuesday night.

The dibble cant be that scared that the infamous Young Chosen Few are coming to Oldham. :lol::lol:

If Dale are doing as poorly as predicted next season, even on a Bank Holiday Monday- they wil only bring 2000.

As for the Young Chosen Few, what a crap name for some well 'ard hooligans!! Are they the ones who ran off outside The Litten Tree the other year? :grin:

Edited by bowl

If Dale are doing as poorly as predicted next season, even on a Bank Holiday Monday- they wil only bring 2000.

As for the Young Chosen Few, what a crap name for some well 'ard hooligans!! Are they the ones who ran off outside The Litten Tree the other year? :grin:

On a bank holiday they might bring 2000. On a tuesday night they will struggle to break 1000.

The very same. I went school with a few of them and have worked with another. Also know the lad who was in the observer the other day for breaching his ban. All are absolute tools and only one of them actually supports 'dale. There was 15 or so 'dale older lot drinking in there before most Oldham fans arrived that day. Lead by the 50 year old silver fox Mr Mush who needs to grow up, stop wearing leather gloves and give it up like Moggy did years ago.

On a bank holiday they might bring 2000. On a tuesday night they will struggle to break 1000.

They'll take similar to what they do to Bury. Which is a minimum of 2,000.

Well it's upto Hardy what he wants. 3,000 dale fans on a bank holiday monday 3pm kick off or 1500/2000 on a tuesday night.

The dibble cant be that scared that the infamous Young Chosen Few are coming to Oldham. :lol::lol:

Hey Married privilages...I have first dibs...then again Rocky - make me an offer "I canna refuse..."

Alan's reply to my mail, speedy as ever:

Personally, as the reason is primarily a football one I'm willing to accept that - but it's still disappointing from a fans' point of view.

Feck me...are you French? :wink:

Utter bullsh** from Hardy! Great sort of spin that the club have been spoon-feeding fans for a while now. Are we asking for the Colchester game to be moved to the 29th then, so we can have an extra day after the Carlisle game? The club stinks...getting really pi££ed off the attitude of theirs...YES, I sympathise with their past efforts and annoyances at the stayaways but this is really starting to take the **** out of the hardcore now. Like Prozac says above...Brierley and co. never moved games when money was tight.

I once had quite an angry cynical view of how JWLees treated the club but I tell you what...these guys are starting to make them look like saints!

(Note: You can throw up that they're trying to make Failsworth happen...1) I've believe it when I see it 2) By then we'll have no fans, no league status and probably no OAFC to take there at this rate)

Edited by boundaryblue80

Are you taking the piss? 1500 for a Saturday/BH game. 600 for a midweek game.

Joke club. Deserve to be extint.

Utter bullsh** from Hardy! Great sort of spin that the club have been spoon-feeding fans for a while now.

I forgot to add about this spin...

A prediction...that tomorrow (or in the very near future) we get some figures about the policing costs...all of which we can't prove one way or the other (ala the figures/spin we got about redeveloping BP) if there's any truth in them. And such figures should be insignificant anyway, because the club should be pro-active and be aiming to fill the ground full-stop for this one! The apathy is working it's magic here...

Edited by boundaryblue80

I am e-mailing the Football League and asking them to refuse the change of date away from Bank Holidays to normal weekdays UNLESS they have conducted an independant and impartial investigation on the differences in policing costs and expected gate receipts.

enquiries@football-league.co.uk

I am e-mailing the Football League and asking them to refuse the change of date away from Bank Holidays to normal weekdays UNLESS they have conducted an independant and impartial investigation on the differences in policing costs and expected gate receipts.

enquiries@football-league.co.uk

Yer mess our football club up good one. They're obviously doing it for a good reason to help the club.

Make the game category A for away fans and charge them £27 like other teams do to us.

2000 extra £7s ought to pay for armed police and helicopters

IT might do, but I am not sure it will cover the armoured plated Land Rovers, over time for the normal bobby, incident rooms, all that plastic tape and batons and shields and especially the lawyers fees for representing the poice in their court appearances. And the amount of polos that the horses eat..

IT might do, but I am not sure it will cover the armoured plated Land Rovers, over time for the normal bobby, incident rooms, all that plastic tape and batons and shields and especially the lawyers fees for representing the poice in their court appearances. And the amount of polos that the horses eat..

We are talking of Rochdale not an invasion of Man City fans, keep it on the bank holiday.

Edited by BP1960

Your house must stink of Fish? :)

Its a fair point. I'm sure 95% of "fans" could attend. I bet 75% finish work around 5/530 and have no problem, then most of the others could take a days holiday or half days holiday if its so important, then you have the 5% who can't finish work early or take a holiday for whatever reason. Fans just moaning and making excuses.

Its a fair point. I'm sure 95% of "fans" could attend. I bet 75% finish work around 5/530 and have no problem, then most of the others could take a days holiday or half days holiday if its so important, then you have the 5% who can't finish work early or take a holiday for whatever reason. Fans just moaning and making excuses.

So you are saying if 8,000 would attend on a bank holiday, 7,600 would turn up on a Tuesday night - poppycock, the crowd would be down to about 6,000.

Just because something is right/fair/true doesn't mean it can't be an attempt at fishing.