The All New Rumours And Speculation Forum

Following consultation with members and discussions amongst the OWTB Administrators we have re-instated the Rumours and Speculation forum.

In the early days of OWTB we had a forum of a very similar nature, which during the evolution of the site was removed as members felt it was providing an unnecessary division within The Terraces forum.

However we're always open to suggestions and so we've reinstated the the forum on a trail basis, to see if we can provide an improved structure to the site and help make the user experience more accessible.

Please feel free to post comments on the idea in this thread as we will continue to review the forum's structure over the coming months.

Cheers,

Ack

OWTB Team

can we trust that the mods will swiftly move any threads in there to the correct forum the moment any of the rumours and speculation become truth?

Indeed.

We ask for people to be patient, we do this voluntarily in our spare time as most are aware.

What I would ask is that people don't clog up the thread with "MOVE THIS!!!" type comments but instead be patient. If the post hasn't been moved within 24 hours then please feel free to use the "report this post" option to let the Moderation team know it's there.

The event no longer is rumour when the facts become general knowledge. I'd say that a new thread would be created for the breaking event, and all the bollocks should be left in the bollocks bit.

Plato-wl is right.

Once a rumour becomes 'fact' (for example it is officially confirmed on the OS or the player signs for another team) then a new thread will be created in The Terraces forum by whoever is quickest on the draw and the Rumour thread will be closed.

Following consultation with members and discussions amongst the OWTB Administrators we have re-instated the Rumours and Speculation forum.

In the early days of OWTB we had a forum of a very similar nature, which during the evolution of the site was removed as members felt it was providing an unnecessary division within The Terraces forum.

However we're always open to suggestions and so we've reinstated the the forum on a trail basis, to see if we can provide an improved structure to the site and help make the user experience more accessible.

Please feel free to post comments on the idea in this thread as we will continue to review the forum's structure over the coming months.

Cheers,

Ack

OWTB Team

Fair enough, however I've always imagined that, like me, the majority of people simply use the 'view new posts' button which consequently renders any sub-forums redundant.

Fair enough, however I've always imagined that, like me, the majority of people simply use the 'view new posts' button which consequently renders any sub-forums redundant.

May be so, unfortunately we can't do anything about that - I'd again refer you back to the "ignore user" option.

Cheers,

Ack

OWTB Team

Cheers Ackey, should improve things a lot on here. :)

True, but if we do that then I don't suppose we have grounds for moaning about random thread clutter.

May be so, unfortunately we can't do anything about that - I'd again refer you back to the "ignore user" option.

True, but if we do that then I don't suppose we have grounds for moaning about random thread clutter.

It's wasn't a compliant chaps, just an observation. It would seem 'view new posts' isn't the preference of the majority.

Really; Wow! :shock: That's 1/4 of Colbeck paid for!!!

It's only circa £10 per day. Still, obviously better than nowt!

It's wasn't a compliant chaps, just an observation. It would seem 'view new posts' isn't the preference of the majority.

It's only circa £10 per day. Still, obviously better than nowt!

It's somewhat more than that, the commercial agreement with Latics came a good while after the site was started.