iPhone4

martjs

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can get a free upgrade for an iPhone4 but I've read lots about the antenna problems.

Has anyone got one? Or thinking about getting one?

Cheers.

I think it only happens if you hold it in the lower left corner... Shows up just how crap Apple really are...

Edited by oafc0000

I can get a free upgrade for an iPhone4 but I've read lots about the antenna problems.

Cheers.

hi,

i was thinking about getting one but the guy in o2 shop told me to download isos from the apple site your iphone then becomes the new iphone 4 the only difference being is the camera on the 3 gs its a 3 pixel and on the 4 its a 5 pixel

hi,

i was thinking about getting one but the guy in o2 shop told me to download isos from the apple site your iphone then becomes the new iphone 4 the only difference being is the camera on the 3 gs its a 3 pixel and on the 4 its a 5 pixel

Apparently the CPU and battery management is better as well.

I will be sticking with my 3Gs until they come up with a proper upgrade. Quite fancy trying one of those HTCs out.

Cheers.

I've got one and have been using since Friday night.

Since then it has been really good. I've charged it fully 3 times. On all 3 occasions, I have artificially forced the battery down to give it full charges at convenient times. I have also been using it quite a lot as it is a shiny new toy.

Onto your question about antenna. It's not really an issue. I know how to run the antenna down on mine. It's actually quite hard. I have to hold it very uncomfortably for a minute or so in the bottom left corner and it runs down. It's a design flaw yes, but not one that many people will encounter or have a problem with.

I upgraded my 3GS to iOS4 and it just destroyed the battery. I was getting 3/4 day out of it at best which is not very much fun.

I would recommend it as an upgrade. There are three reasons why:

1. The build quality is superb. Antenna issues aside, the glass and steel combination feels sturdy and premium. Once you have used one you will think your 3GS feels plasticcy and toy like

2. It is fast. I never thought my 3GS was slow until I got the iPhone 4. It is so fast and is a dream to use

3. The screen is gorgeous and providing you have good eyesight (meaning you dont mind small text), it makes browsing the internet, watching videos etc a much more enjoyable experience

hi,

3 pixel camera? Bloody hell, apple need to do summat about that. Be like your pictures have just been turned into zx spectrum graphics. :wink:

Edited by BigfinLatic

Thanks all for the comments. I forgot to say I have a 3G iPhone at the moment so it's a "double upgrade" for me.

Ackey, Re: :titanic: I thought there'd be a thread about this but I only looked as far as this forum, not the Techie one.

Thanks all for the comments. I forgot to say I have a 3G iPhone at the moment so it's a "double upgrade" for me.

Ackey, Re: :titanic: I thought there'd be a thread about this but I only looked as far as this forum, not the Techie one.

No worries mate.

I activated mine on wednesday and so far so good. This antennae bollocks? Dont know if its scaremongering but mine just doesnt do it? No signal problems at all. The video camera is pretty cool too, which is new to me as i only had a 3g previously. My only gripe is the networks ditching the unlimited internet access. I switched to Vodafone from o2 when buying this one as they offer 1gb as opposed to 500mb. its not going to see me through a month regardless....

Now if only there was an app to stop the car alarm going off on the street outside, doing my bloody tits in......

I activated mine on wednesday and so far so good. This antennae bollocks? Dont know if its scaremongering but mine just doesnt do it? No signal problems at all. The video camera is pretty cool too, which is new to me as i only had a 3g previously. My only gripe is the networks ditching the unlimited internet access. I switched to Vodafone from o2 when buying this one as they offer 1gb as opposed to 500mb. its not going to see me through a month regardless....

Now if only there was an app to stop the car alarm going off on the street outside, doing my bloody tits in......

1GB's still quite a lot, though.

I've used 113mb in just under a week but I'm trying to limit it if I'm honest, I would have used it a lot more normally. That video is brilliant, that was me running round Oldham on launch day!!!

When I got mine I discovered I had both the proximity sensor issue and the signal issue (not that I hold my phone in that special way). Anyway, I hit restore all settings an it's absolutely fine now. Very odd. Cracking device though there is a highly comical Charlie Booker article in the comment section if Guardian describing it as the 'Jabscreen'

When I got mine I discovered I had both the proximity sensor issue and the signal issue (not that I hold my phone in that special way). Anyway, I hit restore all settings an it's absolutely fine now. Very odd. Cracking device though there is a highly comical Charlie Booker article in the comment section if Guardian describing it as the 'Jabscreen'

I have to admit I've noticed the proximity sensor thing now, keep putting it in bloody video mode with my ear!

Will try the restore option tomorrow - does that mean I will have to kergigger my settings again? what does it change?

I'm still rockin' the 6300. It's frickin' indestructible.

Spot on Zorro. I particularly like the alarm clock feature as well the way in which lends itself to writing text messages without having to remove the device from your pocket. The calculator is pretty slick too.