Latics Chairman Stands Down

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, if im being honest, getting 2000 is a success considering the crap we put up with last season. I knew something was up though with the fact that we havent made any signings whatsoever.

Was between 2000 and 2500 I think, probably nearer 2000. Agree with you that its not bad considering the season that was had before, and I think that figure would have been nearer 1500 had Penney or Gray still been in charge.

Was between 2000 and 2500 I think, probably nearer 2000. Agree with you that its not bad considering the season that was had before, and I think that figure would have been nearer 1500 had Penney or Gray still been in charge.

Didn't they say last season was in the region of 2,500? Not a bad drop all things considered.

So lets say a drop of 500 from last year...considering the football on offer throughout last season that can be seen as a relative success, but realistically, 2000 season tickets and 1,000 other attendees a game isnt enough to steady the ship. I can empathise with Blitz and the other one thats left, but at the same time I feel as though the club is going down the toilet.

yes, but they never ruled administration out

Well, they did say that they'd never put us into administration seeing as they footed our losses and wouldn't call that debt in. But seeing as we're still getting hit by weekly losses then it means administration will naturally follow when we can't pay them. Urgent investment is needed, but what's pretty sure is selling any assets we have in the meantime, which means the likes of Stephens and Taylor will probably get sold.

Was the resignation of Mike Newton due to the impending Gazal and Blitz bailout and would this have been declared to Paul Dikov during his interview?

Has the dummy been thrown out of the pram during a major disagreement between the directors or has this been coming for a while....in an interview on LW only a few weeks ago TTA stated that this club was in a much better position than the majority of the division and there was absolutely no chance of this club going into administration.....I hope this is still the case!!

I'm hoping that all this is because a Wardle type is preparing to move in because if not I don't see how it will be possible to keep the club afloat without the financial input of the leaving amigos!!!!

Was the resignation of Mike Newton due to the impending Gazal and Blitz bailout and would this have been declared to Paul Dikov during his interview?

Has the dummy been thrown out of the pram during a major disagreement between the directors or has this been coming for a while....in an interview on LW only a few weeks ago TTA stated that this club was in a much better position than the majority of the division and there was absolutely no chance of this club going into administration.....I hope this is still the case!!

I'm hoping that all this is because a Wardle type is preparing to move in because if not I don't see how it will be possible to keep the club afloat without the financial input of the leaving amigos!!!!

It will be possible, I just very much doubt it will be possible at this level.

I agree with this! Things have gone from bad to awful since we sacked Sheridan. Something hasnt been right at the club since. Who would want to invest in the state we're in?

I'd say we're in a decent position to invest in. Costs are low, ground and surrounding area can still be bought. The club itself have no debts.

I'd say we're in a decent position to invest in. Costs are low, ground and surrounding area can still be bought. The club itself have no debts.

Okay, but, as someone said earlier on, considering the large number of better and bigger clubs around us, we are a little fish in a large pond. In my opinion, we wouldnt be able to make any money to an extent to attract a worthwhile investor.

Dont we still have planning permision to redevelop BP

Edited by superblue

Think about it.

Blitz and Gazaal wouldn't just hand their stake over to Corney if there was any prospect whatsoever of someone buying it would they.

The statement says they have left.........where does it say they have handed over their stakes for free?