Trust Meeting

Questions

Has the Trust discussed with Corney the possibility of him handing the club over to the fans when he does decide to leave?

If the above does happen, how would the Trust look to fund the day-to-day running of the club, given we're currently losing thousands per week (granted, this picture may change with the possible move to Failsworth)?

Has the Trust considered setting up a 'fighting fund' similar to what we did when M**re f----d off? I know a few people don't give any money to the Trust because they don't want it spent on minibuses/tractors/whatever, but who would likely contribute if there was a guarantee that any money in the fund would be held in reserve should it look like we were going down the :censored:ter.

Further to the above, set up a Charity type of fund (to get tax relief) at say £2 a month for aLL Trust members and supporters to start a small but rolling savings fund to pay for emergency costs if or as and when we are next dropped in it. This should have been set up post Moore we woud have been quids in by now.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Further to the above, set up a Charity type of fund (to get tax relief) at say £2 a month for aLL Trust members and supporters to start a small but rolling savings fund to pay for emergency costs if or as and when we are next dropped in it. This should have been set up post Moore we woud have been quids in by now.

That would have been a fantastic fleet of tractors!

I will answer a few points that have been made quickly before I have to leave to get to the club.

The budget for the club next year has not been discussed yet, although at the next Board meeting im sure it will be on the agenda to be discussed. Provisonal budgets unless part of a capital expenditure are not formulated that far in advance.

The budget next season I assume will reflect the position we find oursleves in within the next few months. If we dont yet have a financial backer any budget would reflect that.

Simon Blitz day to day wasnt involved with the runnng of the club, only overseeing the spending when needed. After all he didnt need to he had a Chief Exec and Managing Director on hand looking at the operational duties of the club. Blitz would be on hand to be reported too for any given situation.

Fighting fund. We have and will continue to save for a rainy day. Any expenditure we have made as come from funds (recently) that have been made due to events.

Fans can donate money at any time on the trust site At the bottom of the page here.

We are looking after tonights meeting to put forward some ideas that I have briefly mentioned earlier in the thread to make money for a 'fighting fund' A quick example that we are looking at this the following.

' Fans donate £1 a week to the fund and every month a prize is selected at random to persons making a donation'

' Fans donate £1 a week to a Player Share fund were money would be used to ensure the club didnt have to release any potential talent due to money'

We have spoken to a few companies already about donating prizes such as bikes, TV's, Cameras, Holidays, etc that can be given as random prizes.

I think the question of who owns BP and the land around it as been answered previously. Simon Blitz and Danny own the land they still have a heavy investment in the club, they have as I see it stepped down from their positions due to being unable to continue supporting the costs inccured last season.

In Barrys interview he mentioned about SB having to dig in his pockets at times for up to £15k a week... !!!

We the fans can stop this having to happen, £15,000 equates to around 890 fans more at each game next season when spending £17 on average to attend.

The attendance went down to 2400 at one point which is a loss of over 1500 on old average gates, therefore only half the number of stay aways have to return for us to not be losing the money Blitz was supporting.

The trust will be both more visable and vocal next season. The fighting fund is something we have spoke about before but the general feeling of fans were that while we have 3 millionaires were paying fans didnt have too. (Not everyones thoughts I dare say but comments made to the trust on many occassions)

I will try to report back tonight after the meeting if it doesnt finish too late.

For the record, no more equipment is to be purchased for the club within the near future :wink:

We the fans can stop this having to happen, £15,000 equates to around 890 fans more at each game next season when spending £17 on average to attend.

The attendance went down to 2400 at one point which is a loss of over 1500 on old average gates, therefore only half the number of stay aways have to return for us to not be losing the money Blitz was supporting.

£15k a week is £780k a year.

Based on 23 home games it would need just under £34k a game extra revenue to make up the shortfall, which equates to 1700 fans at £20 a time.

£15k a week is £780k a year.

Based on 23 home games it would need just under £34k a game extra revenue to make up the shortfall, which equates to 1700 fans at £20 a time.

To be fair he does say 'up to' £15k per week. Suggests that this was the extreme figure - for example when we had a frozen pitch.

To be fair he does say 'up to' £15k per week. Suggests that this was the extreme figure - for example when we had a frozen pitch.

yep spot on, weeks when games were postponed for one reason or another and no income was coming into the club, Blitz had to fill the void of lost revenue.

£15,000 / £17 (average) = 882 paying on the gate... My point was if we could get half of the stay aways back at most games, that is an extra £15,000 that wouldnt need to be found.

I do like your thinking though Real, 1700 extra fans at each game paying on the gate £20 would help... although getting a ST before the season starts would be you only pay approx £15 a game but give the club a good lift !

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the club post figures last year of running at a £450,000 loss which equates to £8653 per week?

Secondley This £3million worth of liabilities is it all owned to Blitz and Gazal and if so what % plus do they still own the stadium i.e. Brassbank and again what % I feel a little uncomfortable about owing our landlords that amount of money, apologies if this has already been mentioned.

To save any confusion on what Rick has said. A lot of points he has made have to be ratified by the Trust. The fighting fund is to be set up to help the club in its immediate needs. We need to live for today and help the club at this time.

People talk about funds for a rainy day. I diasgree strongly. We could never raise sufficient funds that would be meaningful in a major crisis.

In any event we do not have such a crisis and we need to assist the club to operate at this time. Its all hands to the pump as they say and I would hope fans can help along the way.

Barry

Poker nights

Half Time entertainment at games

Prize draws

curry nights

quiz nights

player share

Meet the Players

Question of latics

Comedy Night

Sponsorship and commercial projects with 2 major oldham based companies

Day Trips

Tuck shops

Away day travel

Alton Towers trips

Spsonsored events

Links with the business community

Just a few things we have been working on

no dogs night ? or is that only for shez and lee hughes :grin:

I enjoyed today meeting i love to attend again if barry or rick wants to do the meeting again if there are massive concern leading for the meeting to happen again finger cross we get what latics fans want new invester.

Thanks for today.

To save any confusion on what Rick has said. A lot of points he has made have to be ratified by the Trust. The fighting fund is to be set up to help the club in its immediate needs. We need to live for today and help the club at this time.

People talk about funds for a rainy day. I diasgree strongly. We could never raise sufficient funds that would be meaningful in a major crisis.

In any event we do not have such a crisis and we need to assist the club to operate at this time. Its all hands to the pump as they say and I would hope fans can help along the way.

Barry

I dunno Barry - we raised around £200k before - that sort of sum could come in pretty handy if we're ever in bother with the taxman, for example.

I dunno Barry - we raised around £200k before - that sort of sum could come in pretty handy if we're ever in bother with the taxman, for example.

That is a good point metty.

However, IIRC most of that came from the takings frima game or two, and that was given to the Trust when in reality in crisis the money would go to the club under most circumstances.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the club post figures last year of running at a £450,000 loss which equates to £8653 per week?

Secondley This £3million worth of liabilities is it all owned to Blitz and Gazal and if so what % plus do they still own the stadium i.e. Brassbank and again what % I feel a little uncomfortable about owing our landlords that amount of money, apologies if this has already been mentioned.

Last year being before DP's 'football' left all the fans showing their disdain by not showing up and not putting their money into the club

We went from 4000 avg to 2500 a game....all adds up and adds up quickly.

I take your point Alex but would we raise that sum again. Seems to be that you have to be in admin to get those amounts.

I would rather raise sums that help Paul Dickov with recruitment and build the club along the way. What message does it give to the club and those trying to run it whilst we attempt to build some kind of fund in case they fail with their efforts. Can't buy into that one sorry.

Barry

Barry

Barry it's ok saying we need to help meet the costs of the day to day running of the club and i agree to some degree but what are we getting back in exchange for that money ? yes it helps the club survive but we should be asking for a reduction in the loans owed by the club to TTA or a larger % stake in the club ? or are we propping up corney who by all accounts wasn't the money man.

I take your point Alex but would we raise that sum again. Seems to be that you have to be in admin to get those amounts.

I would rather raise sums that help Paul Dickov with recruitment and build the club along the way. What message does it give to the club and those trying to run it whilst we attempt to build some kind of fund in case they fail with their efforts. Can't buy into that one sorry.

Barry

There are times when people have posted on here, and have seemed irrationally paranoid. But events have shown us to tread carefully and be wary.

However, given what happened with Chris Moore, and given that the sole reason the Trust was set up was to prevent us getting into that situation again. Getting into the Board was to give us as Early Warning Siren of events turning sour.

3 out of the 4 investors have pulled out in a matter of weeks (though I am sure Mike Newton did not put much in) and there was no Early Warning.

I know that you are bound to tereat certain matter confidential, I understand all that having been a shareholder in one of Stelios's business., Incidentally, he just devalued all our shareholdings by 100 so they were worthless.

I know you should not speak out at every major decision, but it is obvious we are in a much more precarious position with one person shouldering everything than 4.

Now, it will have all fallen in if Simon Corney has to to pull out. I don't mean viluntarily, I still beleive he will not leave us in the lurch intentionally and is acting honourably.

But to quote Harold Mcmillan when asked what would most likely blow him of course "Events, Dear Boy"

It is not so much setting up some money for when Simon Corney pulls out, but if he is blown iff course by some unseen event.

At the risk of getting all political, Gordon Brown did not save for a rainy day.

Latics need to do it, hence Failsworth. The Trust need to do it to avoid history repeating itself.

Barry, you were elcted onto the Board, becasue we had something of tangible value. Next time, if the pot is dry, we will no chance of a seat again.

It looks horribly like Simon Corney is the Captain of the Titanic, as all those around have desserted their posts.

And I am as far from a doom and glomer as you can be.

I urge you to think what Metty has said, and reconsider the implicationos of spending all the money coming into the Trust on a monthly basis. Yes supprt the club wholeheartedly, but keep some in reserve. You never know.

Edited by singe

Barry

How much have the trust given to the club after they gave £200k away 7 years ago?

You realise they asked for questions before the meeting, right?

Yes, I'm not dumb. I was trying to assertain how much the trust has given to the club because Barry thinks that they wouldn't have raised an amount which is useful in a rainy day.

That is a good point metty.

However, IIRC most of that came from the takings frima game or two, and that was given to the Trust when in reality in crisis the money would go to the club under most circumstances.

The game was a Trust (as it was) idea and event, not a club one. Although I do admit that Gordon did the lion's share of the work, and wouldn't give me Roger Palmer's contact details :disappointed:

How much have the trust given to the club after they gave £200k away 7 years ago?

IIRC. The trust have supported the club at an average of £1000 a month over the last 56 months when you take in consideration

Mini Buss for the Reserves and Youth team

Luke Beckett Loan (Kept us up)

Equipment etc

We also didnt give away the £200k ! It was used to BUY a stake in the club. If a new invester or buyer came in and wanted 100% of the club the 3% still has monetary value.

We also didnt give away the £200k ! It was used to BUY a stake in the club. If a new invester or buyer came in and wanted 100% of the club the 3% still has monetary value.

3% of not a lot, to be truthful.

How much is a tenanted business, losing £500k a year and £3m in debt worth?